PDA

View Full Version : Wati on the move

rando
23-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Cyclone wati ( cat 3) is about 680 Nm NNE of Fraser Island and expected to move in a SE to S direction roughly parrallel to the coast.
For the sake of the dams/rivers/farmers we really need him to come ashore , but without the destuction.!!!
With the high down south there will be a fair bit of wind about and some big swells I suspect.
It might shift some more sand around too. Set up some nice inshore gutters for the winter ;)
rando

The_Bulge
23-03-2006, 04:04 PM
As long as its all gone by Sat week as 1770 here I come. :D

Klink
( 30 days in the cooler )

SeaHunt
23-03-2006, 04:29 PM
It is going to continue south, flatten every second tree on Fraser (maybe then the rangers wont care if you pick up a few sticks for firewood), wash all the snot weed out of the ocean in that general area and then head inland and flood the Noosa river which in turn will dredge a deep chanel over the Noosa bar. So its all good ;D ;D ;D ;D

The_Walrus
23-03-2006, 06:12 PM
If it comes anywhere near Noosa, I hate to have property on the foreshore. :P

Large swells, a storm surge and flood waters would be 'interesting' in that neck of the wood ;)

Luc

StevenM
23-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Hope it delivers the rain in our SE catchment area and no destruction

The_Walrus
24-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Unless it heads for the coast, I don't think we'll get much to up the dams.

Luc

mattooty
24-03-2006, 06:24 PM
the cyclone has been classed a cat. 5. It was stationary all week until yesterday when it started moving south east. We had to keep watch on it as i was on Heron Is all week and were at risk of being evacuated if the swells got any bigger. Was very hairy having the risk of 5m swells with 40 knot winds and not being anywhere near it.
Matt

Bugs
24-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Cat 5? Please check the source of your incorrect infomation for category and track before making any further incorrect claims.

mattooty
24-03-2006, 08:38 PM
sorry Bugs, im just going off what i was told by the pilots who operate the helicopter mate. No need to jump down my throat buddy.
You could have just given me a simple, "sorry, its not a 5, your source is probably wrong".
Once again, sorry.
Matt

al-straddie
24-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Cat 3, moving SE @ approx 25 knots and at this stage unlikley to come ashore.

Although the rain is needed, I for one, will be quite happy to bid Wati farewell.

Kinda hard to get out the bar in 5m+ swells :-/ :'(

Feral
25-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Kinda hard to get out the bar in 5m+ swells :-/ :'(

Tel your missus you need a bigger boat, or you will be home all weekend annoying her!