PDA

View Full Version : hypothetically speaking,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa
22-03-2006, 08:43 PM
in the lunch room discussion today,, a question was asked ""if you were given the role of overseeing all fishing rules and regulations, and had a budget to maintain, what changes or improvements would you make????????"",,,the only condition to this question was the budget had to be common sense and practical, and the answer to be on 1 topic only

i apparently blew the budget on my answer and started an international scandal that will take years to remedy with my response,,,sorry guys/gals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like the next few trips are off,,

it was interesting though, as each person present had their own priorty, and not one duplicate issue was raised between 8 people,,,,,,,

what would you do????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,chop

lippa
22-03-2006, 08:59 PM
sack the gbrmpa and star again

madmix
22-03-2006, 09:28 PM
ditto, Lippa.

cheers Mick

nodjule
22-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Here here, GBRMPA have got things terribly wrong on so many levels.

Cheers..

Angla
22-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I would have to buy a flamin big boat to do all the searches of possibly transgressing vessels whilst researching the possibility of using big tackle to catch big fish. Needless to say I would also need a rather large crew to dress all the catch and sample the results of said research. Do you think AUSSIE RULES is still available

Angla

Feral
23-03-2006, 04:45 AM
Easy, only one new rule would be needed.

NO one can go fishing except me and my chosen mates. (And those that sling me a healthy backhander of course - they'd be my new mates!)

Heck the only reason to take up that thankless job would be for the perks and graft and corruption oportunities. ;D

megan
23-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Blow up illegal fishing vessels within Australian waters - no exceptions!!

lippa
23-03-2006, 11:34 AM
mark position with gps, and give to recreational fishers

aussiefool
23-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Blow up illegal fishing vessels within Australian waters - no exceptions!!

Top Idea ;D ;D That will give the Navy & Air Force some real target practice.... 8-) ;) ;)

Argle
23-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Ban all inshore trawling/netting :o

Cheers and Beers

Scott

SgBFish
23-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Easy.
Use the grey army.
Employ all the old angry barstards that hang around ramps wishing they could still get out.

Give them a uniform (they could probably use their bowls ones with some epaulettes') and some more angry pills and tell them to search every boat that comes and goes. And while their at it they can check the trailers and the cars and maybe even wash and service them.

They'd be perfect they don't sleep and you wouldn't even need to pay them. Just theaten to cut off their pension if they don't do it.

Problem solved what's the next issue.

craigathome
23-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Ban all inshore trawling/netting :o

Cheers and Beers

Scott
I'm with you Scott they're raping our coast line. I live right on the beach and the net fisherman strip our bay regularly, You know when they have been there for the dead fish("bi catch") washed up on the beach HATE THEM.""F#*~#*.We are saving injured marine life all the time. did i say i hated them.

rando
23-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Get rid of half the trawlers , ban all inshore/estuary trawl effort, Require the trawlers to keep what they catch, so waste is reduced. Ban all the beach haul netters, and the funnel netters. If an area is protected that means pro's out too ,so the protected fish can export themselves.

Oh and bring about world peace :D

Freeeedom
23-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Easy.
Use the grey army.
Employ all the old angry barstards that hang around ramps wishing they could still get out.

Give them a uniform (they could probably use their bowls ones with some epaulettes') and some more angry pills and tell them to search every boat that comes and goes. And while their at it they can check the trailers and the cars and maybe even wash and service them.

They'd be perfect they don't sleep and you wouldn't even need to pay them. Just theaten to cut off their pension if they don't do it.

Problem solved what's the next issue.

Great idea! and get them to stay overnight at all boat ramps to stop the vandalism and thieving of parked cars and trailers.
Cheers Freeeedom

yibbiy
23-03-2006, 06:54 PM
NO 1. BLOW UP BOATS WHALING IN OUR WATERS. NO EXCUSES. BAMMMM!!

IF THATS TOO EXPENSIVE. . . . STOP IMPORTS OF "FRESH" FISH! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
23-03-2006, 09:46 PM
There are a hell of a lot of adjectives to describe a person with an opinion such as SgBFish. Sadly, none of them could be posted on this forum.

Dave

MulletMan
24-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeh, agree with Reel Nauti - SgBFish is not one of the all time great thinkers is he!
Most of the "Old Boaties" could show a thing or two to the young hotshots blasting about the Bay.
In the the marine rescue business I could never recall having to ever provide assistance to these retired Boaties as their experience usually made them more cautious, careful, professional and responsible.
Maybe SbG was only kidding eh?

Maxg
24-03-2006, 02:21 PM
The problem is its a 2 tier thing. State waters are the first 3 nautical waters, modified by land mass/islands etc after that comes the FED stuff. But my idea, make a marine park of all State waters, and keep out ALL professional big go zones because of boat population but other areas can be no go zones.
Make certasin fish species, aust salmon, barra, etc as sportfish only, have pretty stiff bag limits and ban pseudo research like CT&R. If you catch it you either take it or release it but its all part of the allowable catch. MaxG

SgBFish
24-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Hook, line and sinker. ;)

MulletMan
24-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Geez, did I fight much SgbFish?
Should have known you were just dangling a bait for we old *arts!
Sorry about that!
Back to my rockin' chair eh!

wayne_cook
24-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Tell everyone the truth about how many Grey Nurse there really are and let me fish in some of my old favorite spots again,instead of watching bubble blowers swim all over them at $70 a head >:(

Feral
25-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Great idea! and get them to stay overnight at all boat ramps to stop the vandalism and thieving of parked cars and trailers.
Cheers Freeeedom

NOw theres an idea, co-locate boat ramps and bowls clubs, sling the oldies a few fish for keeping an eye on the parking lot while your out!