PDA

View Full Version : My intro....

abitfishy
26-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to ausfish, however have been on 'another' forum for a while now, so thought I would intro myself just quickly.

Just bought my first boat about a week ago, AT LAST, its an old rivetted 15ft dehavilland aluminium hull, forward steer, electric start, tilt/trim 40hp Johnno (1989) on a 2004 Brooker trailer. I'm in Sydney and looking to fish the wonnie and port hacking so its a fantastic start. Been out a few times and I'm hooked (unfortunately the fish haven't been so far).

But anyway, I'm a newbie and will no doubt be asking lots of stupid, well, basic questions anyway.

So G'DAY!

Martin

BAIT_MAN
26-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome aboard mate hope you learn alot here as i and many others have over the last few years so bring on the questions.

revs57
26-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Good on you ABF,

Hope you enjoy you time here...a good bunch of people with a heap of experience and valuable knowledge...there are no stupid questions...we all start somewhere and the questions that come up are always good to revisit and get a wider base of wisdom on.

We have our moments and our quirky bits too...but for the most part the folks here are good humoured and enjoy a bit of friendly banter on the side as well

I know I've made some good mates here since I've been part of ausfish.

Cheers

rhys

longtail
26-03-2006, 05:18 PM
welcome to ausfish martin ;) lots of knowledge here for the taking.

good luck

cheers
jason

bidkev
26-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Welcome to Ausfish Martin. Just sing out with the stuid questions...........there's always someone ready to give a stupid answer ;) ;D They're a good bunch here mate, you're sure to enjoy your stay.

kev

Behaviour is a mirror in which everyone shows his image.

darren
26-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Welcome Marty hope you got the emails not sure if its what you want but thats all I have .
Welcome to ausfish its a bit further nth than what your used to but what a wealth of information you will have access to ;D ;) you will soon wonder what you did without us all so welcome aboard
cheers Darren

choppa
26-03-2006, 07:24 PM
welcome from the chop & chop jr martin,,,, you didnt and shouldnt say which ""other forum""" you come from,,,but i bet you wont be disappointed in the change,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

herveybaymagic
26-03-2006, 08:13 PM
gday martin welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay :D

-Henno-
26-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome aboard mate. You will find the guys here really helpful. I have learnt heaps and found myself starting a few questions with 'This might be a stupid question but.....' Everybody has always been great and given me good answers.

I too have just purchased my first boat. It too is a 15 foot dehavilland covered with rivets. Today it developed a massive crack near the transmom. A non fishing mate of mine also shortened my favourite rack raider by slamming my van tailgate on it so I am kinda glad I bungled landing his 70+cm flattie for him!

Anyway I digress. Have fun in here dude.

themooks
Mark

2iar
26-03-2006, 09:29 PM
They're a good bunch here mate

<snip>

kev

Speak for yourself Kev. I'm a right d***head :-)

Welcome aboard mate.

Good luck,
Mike

Darryl
26-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard matey.

Any question you ask is a worthwhile one mate.

Cheers Darryl

bidkev
26-03-2006, 10:41 PM
They're a good bunch here mate

<snip>

kev

Speak for yourself Kev. I'm a right d***head :-)

Mike

You're Scots ::) What more can I say? ;) ;D

aussiefool
27-03-2006, 03:53 AM
welcome aboard m8,.... better to ask dumb questions than to make dumb mistakes ;) ;) ;D ;D

Louis
27-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Always good to see a Newbie come on board.

Welcome.

Louis

cobber1
27-03-2006, 02:24 PM
welcome mate. I am new here too. I look forward to learning heaps

abitfishy
27-03-2006, 02:43 PM
welcome from the chop & chop jr martin,,,, you didnt and shouldnt say which ""other forum""" you come from,,,but i bet you wont be disappointed in the change,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks guys, hey chopper, I didn't say I was changing - I can see 2 fishing forums without the other one getting jealous can't I? :)

Darren, thanks mate but no, the files didn't come through for some reason....