PDA

View Full Version : gladstone dive operators

INDULGENCE
27-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Can a couple of Gladstone locals recommend a good operator in the area to hire us dive tanks and the like for the month of May.
We have been told also that the day boats out of 1770 and Bundaberg will re-fill for us,can some one confirm this?
I will be taking a heap of kids to Lady Musgrave and some of them want to dive.
The kids have done their open water and are keen.
We are suffering from transport space to hire the gear down here.

Thanks
Wally

bugman
27-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Wally,

There is but one - The Red Beanie Boys.

Actually they're not an official dive shop but will certainly help you out.
You can email Col here:
Col cgelder@bigpond.net.au
Owen reddolphin@ozemail.com.au

Other wise get in contact with the Gladstone Dive Centre, Goondoon St. 49729185.

I've also heard that the day boats will refill but never put it to the test when I was out there last time. By the way Fitzroy Lagoon is definitely a better destination that Musgrave in my humble opinion.

Bugman

INDULGENCE
27-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks Bugman
We booked Lady Musgrave nearly 12 months ago and a number of people since then have said that Fitzroy was better. We couldnt get out to check out Fitzroy due to bad weather when we were looking.
Only taking tinnies so if the weather is real good we might get a look at Fitzroy

Thanks for info re the dive gear.
If lady Musgrave is half as good as our last to North West we will have a ball.

Wally

bugman
27-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Wally,

Sorry mate didn't realise you'll be camping. Fitzroy doesn't have an island it's only a coral lagoon. Musgrave is your only option. I was up there about 2 years ago and all of the camp sites were down on the north western side. You could pretty much swim straight off the beach as the fringing reef was a lot closer in that area than that what it is at North West.

You'll have a ball.

Brett

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
27-03-2006, 02:53 PM
G'day Wally

Some of us from this area are having a mini M @ G this weekend at Hummock Hill Island which is just off Tannum Sands. There will be a couple of Gladstone boys among us so I will ask around and let you know Sunday night.

Cheers to you and Ruth
Dave