PDA

View Full Version : Tweed river

rodbender
28-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok guys & Girls dose the Tweed river run along side the Pacific hwy if not could some one tell me the name of the river that dose heading south it is on ur left going for a long drive to Newcastle on thursday the 30/4/2005 and i would like to have a fish their on my way home on friday around the oyster racks so any help would be appreciated.
hope some one can help. :)

cheers Reg

fishin_till_late
28-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I dont think its the Tweed, you cross the tweed twice, firstly just down from the gold coast airport then a couple of km's down abit more.

Jack_Hunter
28-03-2006, 08:57 PM
The pacific hwy crosses a few rivers, tweed, coomera, nerang, tallabudgera etc. Not exactly sure where you mean but all those fish ok around the bridge structure

Heath
28-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I know the river you mean. It's the Richmond. VERY VERY fishy looking isn't it.

rodbender
29-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks Heath i think ur right yes it dose look very fishy i've been eyeing it of on 4 previous occassions on trips to N.S.W. A nice place for a rest break for me and my 3 grandkids on the way home thanks guys for the info i'll let u know if the kids and i have any luck.

cheers Reg

roz
29-03-2006, 02:19 PM
The main highway crosses the Tweed River in two places, up stream fromBanora Point (take Kennedy Drive exit) or near Chinderah (take Kingscliff//Chinderah exit).

If you continue on the old highway (heading south), the road follows the Tweed all the way to Murwillumbah, you would then have to continue on the old highway to about Mooball/Billinudgel where you would join the Pacific Highway again, could add 20-25 minutes to the journey.

About another 20 minutes south you will cross the Brunswick River (Jacks under that bridge) could also take detour into Brunswick Heads, would only add 5 minutes to your journey if you don't stop.

I think the next couple would be the Richmond and the Clarence River at least another hour or so further south.

rodbender
29-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks Roz for the imfo might try richmond on the way home right next to the highway dont wont to supject the kids to a lot of driving they will tired and cranky a stop by the river will settle them down for the next leg.

cheers Reg