PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Kingtin & Ausfish

revs57
28-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I know this will probably embarrass you mate, but just wanted to say thanks Kev for your kind donation of fishing gear to our community centre in Logan called CarewerX. I know that those a lot less fortunate than ourselves that we take out will really benefit from your generosity.

Thanks also to Steve Brown and Ausfish. I want to encourage you that by connecting people around fishing through this forum we are able to really make a difference here for refugees and others who have little resource and access by helping these people discover the joys of our sport.

Well done

cheers

Rhys

bidkev
28-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Aw shucks Rhys ;)

Thanks mate for reminding me that there is more to fishing than simply wetting a line. If we can reach across divides (be they ethnic, religious or class), what more could one ask of a sport?

I'm sure you'll put the gear to good use and agreed, if it hadn't been for Ausfish, we probably wouldn't have met and had this outcome.

kev

Refusing to have an opinion is a way of having one.

DaneCross
28-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Great stuff Kingtin - absolute champion [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

choppa
28-03-2006, 08:49 PM
isnt it great to have people on board that makes us all feel as being part of a FAMILY
(i hope that sounds right),,,its people like kev & steve who dont mind going the extra yards to give back something to the sport,,,whether its in the way of donating time,,knowledge,,,friendship,,,advice etc that makes me take me hat off and say well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chop

dynamicspot
28-03-2006, 09:21 PM
well done kingtin

cheers
Greg

-spiro-
29-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Onya Kev 8-)

fishin_till_late
29-03-2006, 02:25 PM
So where do i sign up for free fishing gear????

Nah only jokin mate, good to see people like you Kingtin helping out the community and intorducing them all to the wonderful world of fishing, Im sure they'll get something out of it.

Bosunsmate
29-03-2006, 08:49 PM
You're a champion Kev.......

Canoedle
30-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Good on ya Kev :)

bidkev
30-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments fellers but it's Rhys that deserves a huge pat on the back. All I did was donate some old redundant tackle that I knew Rhys could use in his marvellous work at Carewerx.

If you ever feel a need to help someone out, give Rhys a call and I'm sure he could come up with some ideas to help those less fortunate than ourselves. He's an excellent listener too......doen't have much choice once *I* start yakking ;) ;D

Hope you don't mind me "putting you out there" Rhys.

kev

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.

Truck
30-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Good on ya kev!!

Benno
30-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Great work lads..

Cruiser93
30-03-2006, 02:52 PM
ONYA Fellas !!!!! ;D :D ;) :)

revs57
30-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Good on ya Kev...The word t.e.a.m. comes to mind...Together Each Achieves More