PDA

View Full Version : Nugget pulls a crowd

fish2eat
01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
I was so glad I made a late decision to go to the lecture at Jones Tackle last night. Dave was the drawcard and he pulled a crowd of 400 in the carpark behind the shop.

The lecture on estuary secrets, plus some bonus talk on castnetting and crabs held the crowd in awe, you could hear a pin drop while he spoke. And good material it was too.....new underwater footage and a few myths blown away.

Not to mention that Dave gave his all despite struggling with some flu ailment and a sore arm (self inflicted from an amberjack overdose). He did not attempt to cut short the evening despite the struggle. Nobody left, even when the lightning overhead was threatening

Very very professional.....thanks Dave and Jones Tackle. I hope you got up in time to do the show today, cause I sure slept in and missed it. Oh well, try tomorrow.

Stuart

charleville
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Gee whizz! #400! #Wow! #:)

I watched Dave talk at the Sundown Marine promotion a couple of weeks ago and there would have been about six people in the audience. #:( #I wonder what the difference in the attention-getter was. # :-/

I did not go last night as I suspected that it might be similar content to the Sundown preso ie the video of the seaway and tossing a cast net - both of which were very good. #Will see him perform at the T&T show next week though. #:)

fish2eat
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I think most of the attendees came from their own mailing list, which they said was around 5,000 people.............includes me now since I filled out a entry for the lucky prize draw.

Can't wait for the T& T show, I think Dave is doing beach fishing.

Nugget
02-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Glad you enjoyed the night - great crowd.
I couldn't believe they put out 300 chairs and a large number had to stand.
I think Lyn and Neil from Jones' Tackle are the reason for that.
They have a real family atmosphere amongst their customers.
It was great to see Dr Ben Diggles there and all the Ausfishers.
I can tell you it wasn't easy at 3am Sat morning.

Another big weekend coming up - Tinnie & Tackle Show, 4x4 and Outdoors Expo - should be a lot of fun.

Thanks again

Dave ><>

gogecko
03-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Im looking forward to nuggets talk on GC canals mangrove jack at the TT show. Check the TT website for session times.

Onya nugget. You do good work.

Andrew