PDA

View Full Version : Cairns fishing

dad_io
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
:) Hi all
Me and the wife will be in Cairns for a couple of weeks as of May 2nd, hope the weather is ok that time of year, ( Adelaide is starting to get really chilly)
Was wondering if any one could recommend a reasonably priced fishing charter that we could go out on for a day trip. Nothing fancy just need them to supply rods & bait, we can take care of the food ourselves if need be.

Thanks for any suggestions ;)

fez
06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
dad_io,

Depending on what sort of fishing you are after as we have river,estuary and reef all available, there are plenty of charter operators up this way one of the many to operate in all three of the above options is Fishing the Tropics www.fishingthetropics.com.au I have not been out with them however I see them out a fair bit and they always seem to have happy punters on the boat. This will give you a few options, otherwise there are plenty of other operators all with websites just search Cairns Fishing.

Good luck and enjoy the warmer weather when you get here.

Fez.

megafish71
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
G'day Dad_io

Fez has given you a good link there, I see those guys about a fair bit. If it's a reef trip your after you should look up Aqua Cat charters, you won't be disappointed, or take a look at this link http://www.fishingcairns.com.au/index.html
Plenty of good info there.

Cheers Ron

dad_io
06-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys will check out the sites
All the best :)

fishface
06-04-2006, 08:59 PM
gday, another boat worth looking at is blackout sportsfish. maybe worth a shout. he only takes out 3 max for reef and 4 max estuary. and uses rods/reels not hand lines.
the boat looks real nice too.
daniel

TinarooTriumph
06-04-2006, 10:02 PM
www.fishingthetropics.com.au. Thats all that needs to be said.

dad_io
07-04-2006, 07:10 PM
These sites have helped me heaps, thanks guys
might go for the barramundi i think

once again thanks guys :)

Graham_N_Roberts
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Now that's a coincidence. My wife and I are going up to Cairns from 8 May for a week. :) Saves me askin'. Thanks guys, just the info we need. ;)