PDA

View Full Version : Easter Break is almost upon us.

Louis
10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
G'day fellow Ausfishers,

Well the Easter Bunny will be arriving soon and generally at this time of year many people take the opportunity to get away from work for a while and enjoy themselves.

Some go camping. Some go fishing. Some go camping and fishing.

Some do something completely separate from all of the above.

I thought a thread on what we all plan on doing this Easter Break may make for an interesting and enjoyable read.

Seeing as I've started the ball rolling I suppose I should go first.

Well, I wouldn't mind taking off to one of the Lakes for a camp and a bit of freshwater fishing for a couple of days. Maybe Wivenhoe- Maybe Somerset. If they are too busy I may have to consider Lake Leslie at Warwick.

When I get back if I still got some time off and the weather is fine then I'll have a crack in the bay a couple of times also.

Well that's what I'm planning.

I look forward to reading everyone else's ideas.

Louis

AngiG
10-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Ill be hitting Straddy for the break.
I have got 10 days off so i have three main plans.

Hitting up Amity point at night with some squid jigs and putting some big baits out for sharks.

Floating some live baits off point look out after anything big and pelagic basically.

Some good old fashion beach fishing with soem fresh caught worms for whiting, dart and anything else that might be biting.

Then ill be putting the final logistical details together for my fishing comp www.brisbaneriverclassic.com which is shaping up very nicely at the moment.

Have a great break everyone.

bidkev
10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
I'll be popping down on an overnighter to Bev's (Colac Girl) to feed the white ants and get steamboat with her hubby Ross. Then the deckie's got a week off after Easter so some trips offshore without the kids (as much as I love 'em), would be nice. Still haven't christened the Whittley yet ;) ;D

kev

Hypochondria is the one disease I haven't got

revs57
10-04-2006, 06:06 PM
We might head to Tanga's Friday...maybe drift bulwer ledges for Calamari, picnic on the beach with the family then hit the banks early saturday morning...see if the weather holds

Rhys

Figjamm
10-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Camping on Crusoe Island, eating chocolate and mudcrabs

Staying home #:'( :'( re-gelcoating the deck of Play-Pen #::) and cooking up a feast fit for a Kingtin & his crew #:)

bidkev
10-04-2006, 07:46 PM

Staying home :'( :'( re-gelcoating the deck of Play-Pen ::) and cooking up a feast fit for a Kingtin & his crew :)

I'm eating the muddies tonight ;D Pine paid off today........pity about 8 of the biggest jennies I've ever seen (4 in one pot that JJ could hardly lift. :o but 3 bucks'll do for now ;D nyer nah na nyer nah :P ;D

kev

I couldn't care less about apathy.

Figjamm
10-04-2006, 08:52 PM
I am not jealous.... I am not jealous.... I am not jealous....

Oh heck, I am sooooooooo jealous!!!! :(

bidkev
10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I am not jealous.... I am not jealous.... I am not jealous....

Oh heck, I am sooooooooo jealous!!!! :(

Too knackered to eat 'em. ::) Will they freeze (cooked) ok for Easter?

kev

If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what is going on.

choppa
10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
4 days with the chop jr planned,,,,,,his agenda is fishn,,fishn and if we get time fishn,,,,looks like its time to recharge the video/digi cameras up again

attention all fish,,,,,your presence is required at "pops secret spot" on friday morn,,,,saturday,,,
further updates will be posted if your requirements are needed after saturday

choppa

PinHead
11-04-2006, 04:22 AM

Staying home #:'( :'( re-gelcoating the deck of Play-Pen #::) and cooking up a feast fit for a Kingtin & his crew #:)

you did not give us all the address for the feast

blaze
11-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Well this got me thinking "what have I got Planned", well nothin.
Not often the wife and I get four days together without commitments of some sort.
7.30 last night, thinking what can we do.
8.00 pm had booked return trip for 2 adults and car on the spirit of tassie to melboune to see my niece and her daughter (Makatha-Ann , my boats namesake)and 2 other kids .Makatha is like my first Grandchild (lived with us for 18 months out of her first 24 months while her mother sorted out some issues)
So for me a quick trip to melboune, no fishing but a soppy moment that scored me lots of brownie points with a very surprised wife.
cheers
blaze

bo_sawyer
11-04-2006, 01:24 PM
im going to bandyannah towers on the maroochydore river... tryna catch some tailor, trevs, jew and big bream!

sunny
11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Four days in Nhulunbuy, at the top of the Gulf of Carpentaria. Going up to spend time with my little brother. Big queenies, GTs, jew and maybe a barra or two:D

No need for us to get muddies, sounds like the little bro already has them sorted 8-)

Only two more sleeps... don't know how I'll last another two days at work :-/