PDA

View Full Version : Who's Game Enough

HAZY
10-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Okay,Who's going to bite the bullet and predict the weather for easter.

Hazy

finga64
10-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I've got to stay home it'll be perfect for fishing/boating :'(
On the upper though, I won't get the willies with all the other idiot boaties on the water::) (don't mind sharing with the sensible people though ;))

HAZY
10-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Finga, ill be on five weeks hols from good friday,startingwith a week at Evans Head,home for a day then off to east alligator river for a week ;D then home for three days then swains reef for a week on the belcay 75 footer ;D ;D ;) i am not trying to rub it in,im am just bloody Excited ;) [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheers hazy

finga64
10-04-2006, 10:11 AM
And so you should be... ;)
I might be in Evans for a 1 nighter also. Just to say gidday to the oldies. Where are you staying??
Good spot eh #:)

HAZY
10-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Staying at pandanus house out on beach street near the beach acces for a week with the boss and kids so i can gather some brownie points before i dissapear for a fortnight

yes mate top spot done a lot of fishing down there over the years

choppa
10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
believe me,,,, all hell will break loose if i can't get a rod in over easter,,,,not from my doing but from chop jr,,,,he's even got his lunch box ready,,,,

his dad gave him $2.00 for helping clean up the back yard on saturday just gone,,,,,,he gave it to me yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,,

"""gotta buy bait pop,,,,,,for fishn,,,,,,""""

chop

HAZY
10-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Choppa, good to see the grandson has got his priorities right ..LOL . As for the weather im not game to say!!!!! :-X

Hazy

gogecko
10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
more goldfish choppa, lol? what a classic.

choppa
10-04-2006, 11:16 AM
we've named goldfish LUCKY,,,,for obvious reasons,,,,,,,,must be the fattest one on bribie as it gets fed a lot,,,,,fish food,,,,fairy bread,,,,,toast, with and without vegemite,,,ants,,,,haven't seen any mullet fillets going missing yet,,,,time will tell though

don't 4get HE will be at BBQ day coming up soon (Just thought I'd throw a plug in) if ya havent heard check out post in goin fishn forum

choppa

fish2eat
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
don't know about the weather, but the full moon and solunar peaks look good!!

Dominator
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Got a charter planned for Friday si i had a look at the forecast. ;)

Thought i would post if for you all to see. ;)

[issued 0938 Wednesday]
SYNOPTIC SITUATION
A slow moving high over the Tasman sea extends a ridge along the Queensland east
coast. A SW/SE change will enter southern waters on Saturday.

[issued 0938 Wednesday]
FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY
Wednesday until midnight: Variable winds 5/10 knots becoming NE 10/15 knots in
the afternoon. Seas to 0.7 of a metre.
Thursday: Variable winds 5/10 knots becoming NE 10/15 knots in the afternoon.
Seas to 0.7 of a metre.
Friday: Variable winds 5/10 knots becoming NE 10/15 knots in the afternoon.
Saturday: Light winds initially, tending S/SW 15/20 knots during the day and
S/SE 20/30 knots at night.

[issued 0938 Wednesday]
DOUBLE ISLAND POINT TO COOLANGATTA
Wednesday until midnight: Variable winds 5/10 knots becoming E/NE 10/15 knots
inshore during the afternoon. Seas to 1.2 metres.
Thursday: E/NE winds 10/15 knots. Seas to 1.2 metres.
Friday: E/NE winds 10/15 knots.
Saturday: Light winds initially tending S/SW 15/20 knots during the day and
S/SE 20/30 knots at night.

Cheers,

Dom

HAZY
12-04-2006, 01:29 PM
woohoo,looking good

Cheers hazy

p.s happy fishing and have a safe easter everyone ;) :) [smiley=beer.gif]

revs57
12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Moreton Friday with the Fam, Banks Saturday with the crew, lookout fish here we come!!!!!

HAZY
12-04-2006, 02:52 PM
no disrespect to the late Big Kev but im EXCITED !!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

finga64
13-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I hate you all ;)
Looks like a beauty coming up for all the lucky ones.
Might have to sneek a trip before everybody wakes up and face the cook when I return ::)
Have a good one all :)
Cheers and Happy Easter
Scott

MulletMan
13-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Yer all a bunch of squibs!!! #:P :P
I'm game to have a go ...................... #:D ;) :D

Friday magnificent #;)
Saturday great till midday thereabouts but the afternoon forecast SW 15/20 is not all that bad as sometimes this sort of wind tends to flatten the Bay a little. But above that speed it starts to knock up a bit.................. ::) ::)
Sunday lousy :'( :-[ :-/
Monday lousy :'( :-[ :-/

In actual fact, I am just repeating the BOM forecast that I reckon is spot on. #8-)

The main problem is the big LOW off NSW/VICT and the little one up off Cairns. #:'(

Both off them blow winds in a clockwise direction and the winds "in the middle" (us) will get up a fair old speed from the E/SE. The mongrel southern LOW will keep the winds up as it is being swung to the SE by the HIGH west of it - but if it were to decay a little, maybe things could improve (doubt it!)

Chuck in a TROUGH moving in from the W/SW and Sat/Sun not looking all that smart - if the wind got up by even 5 knots, you are looking at 30 knots max - bumma! :-/

I reckon offshore will be OK as there are no onshore winds blowing at the moment, the seas (hopefully) should hang about the 1.0 metre mark right through to Saturday night. ;D :)

Once the stinking SE kicks in on Sunday, bye bye open waters everywhere! :'( :-[

Odds getting better: # #1.25 to1.00 #;) ;)
Odds getting worse: # #2.00 to 1.00 #:-[ :'(

OK, let's see the men amongst ya put up yer forecasts! #;)

fish2eat
13-04-2006, 08:36 AM
I've structured my fishing for Fri / Sat, and doing housework Sun?mon ......so I'm happy. Sorry for those that are looking at the latter part of the weekend.

For once, all my forecasting sources are in agreement about the winds on Sunday

spuderico
13-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Here's mine:

Ahhhhh Queensland Drought one day... Floods the next.. :o
Weather will be awesome no matter which way you look at it ;)

Safe Happy Easter all..

MulletMan
13-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey Fish2eat - "doing housework" is not recognized as a valid forecast!!! >:( >:( >:(

choppa
13-04-2006, 06:56 PM
just been informed that me best mate has come down with a bout of the bronchitis/asthma,,,,may have to try a sneak out and throw a line in the old secret spot without him,,,,,if i can sneak out without him knowing,,,,,

hey scott,,, fancy a tag along,,,,, i've got plenty of green cordial,,, bikkies and vegemite sanga's,,,,,,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D

choppa

TinarooTriumph
13-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Thats a piss easy question for me. Weather forecast for the Tinaroo and the Atherton Tablelands Region.

Friday : Wet and windy
Saturday : Worse
Sunday: Larry 2

Weather up here at the moment is diplaurable. Went fishing this morning and got pelted with rain. :'( . Meh... got some good meat out of em'.

TinarooTriumph 8-)