PDA

View Full Version : Horseshoe Bay Easter Warning

straddie
13-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Heya All

For as long as I can remember every 2 or 3 years the same scenario pops up, everyone heads out on the bay and when the afternoon northerlies getting up around 15 knots or better everone slips into the nice sheltered waters of horseshoe bay at Peel Island. Then around early mid evening a strong change comes from the south east giving those that decide to make a dash a very wet trip home in the dark and those that stay have a very rough night with a few boats ending up on the beach.

Looks like very similar conditions coming again on Saturday arvo/night so don't get caught folkes. ;)

MulletMan
14-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Top advice from Straddie!
In the rescue business, we always had heaps of callouts for assistance for those who decided to stay a bit longer ........................
The trip home to the mainland in a small boat with Mum and the kids can be pretty dangerous once the SE's kick up....

Wyoming
14-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, they are all set up. Ther were hundreds there this morning.

Lone_Wolf
14-04-2006, 07:02 PM
go the white shirt brigade!!

skippa
14-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah good advice Straddie,

I've seen Horseshoe bay turn into a surf beach ........ in fact the Bluff can turn on a nice lefthander ::)

Had pic's in the Courier a few years back with a number of yachts and cruisers washed ashore, not a good way to finish a holiday or easter.

Have a safe one ... while I'm workin :P

Cheers,
Tony 8-)