PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Clubs /  Gold Coast

wow
17-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Hoping someone is able to provide me with some info about fishing clubs on the Gold Coast especially the southern end.

I'm aware of a Southport club but was hoping there may be a club down the the Burleigh, Currumbin area.

If so how is it conducted and what is the general focus regarding comps, inclusion of younger fishos and trips etc?

Cheers
wow

Cloud_9
17-04-2006, 05:46 PM
the Gold coast sport fishing club is at the same building as the southport club but we have different agend's.
southport club is Kill and Grill and mostly inside bait fishing with day and night trips around the local area. Gold coast sport fishing club is 99% lure fisho's that are more C & R comps we run 2 main comps a year easter bream comp and sept oct Flattie Classic.
we have sub juniors that fish my daughters 10 and she took out champion sub junior last year.
we are still rebuilding the clubs numbers after a death of a very influenial member.
the Club meets the second thursday every month
cost is $25 single
$40 family
+ if you wish to fish ANSA thats $75 extra
the club nolonger fish's ansa because of the cost .
the end of year dinner costs more than the membership you pay out so you get a good deal.
Cheers Cloud 9.
vise pres, gold coast sport fishing club.
PM me if your wanting more info or wish to attend a meeting.

BlitzBaga
17-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Cloud 9, can you please post the dates of this years flathead classic, the website isn't up to date.

Thanks
Murray

nabs12
17-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeh, I would also like to know the dates,
Im 16 and would love to fish the flattie comp... Can u enter as a non-boater?
thanks

fishin_till_late
17-04-2006, 10:17 PM
One of neighbours is the president of Seagulls fishing club in tweed heads
It is run through the segulls club and competition is held every second weekend.
I've started to think about joining myself.

wow
18-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah great thanks for the response Cloud 9 I appreciate the comprehensive and prompt reply.
cheers wow :)

wow
18-04-2006, 05:14 PM
It is run through the segulls club and competition is held every second weekend.
Have you got anymore info ftl on your neighbour's club. I too would be interested and would'nt mind some particulars.

thanks for you original info by the way!

Cheers wow

fishin_till_late
19-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Have you got anymore info ftl on your neighbour's club. I too would be interested and would'nt mind some particulars.

thanks for you original info by the way!

Cheers wow

Hey the club is run every second weekend and next competition is april 29th-30th. On Sunday weigh in is at 11:am I think. If your interested just rock up there on a Sunday that the club is on. The competition is based on a points system, i.e so many points for a species
It is run through from February until November, so if you join now there there's some catching up to do ;)

I'll get some more info next time I see him and PM you with more details.

jono