PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Fisheries Inspectors

Feral
17-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Went down to have a looksee around the southern Ramp (Uhlman Rd) on the Caboolture river this arvo with my middle son (8yo), to see if there were any banks around there that might give up a Yabbie or two. I'd never been down there so did not know the ramp at all.

Anyway young fella got all muddy, and asked if he could go down the ramp and wash off, so I said ok, I'd come down with him (ramp was empty).

Being somewhat interested in the fisheries inspector going over a boat at the top of the ramp, I lagged behind a bit. (We all like to see someone else squirm dont we?) I was about 15foot back, when the other fisheries bloke whom was sitting just of the end of the ramp in their inflatable, yelled out for the young bloke to stop. Which amazingly enough he did. He then informed us the end of the ramp is a near vertical drop 2m down to the bottom at dead low tide (which it was). On closer inspection you could see the step lip of the ramp just sticking out of the water.

If he had not yelled out, the young fella would of charged in as they normally do, and most likely I would have had a swim to get him out! So thanks again to the Fisheries fellas!

skippa
17-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah,

Their not all bad, some good ones amounst them ..... #:)

Same goes for the water Police, who could have booked me recently for an infringement but opted to give me a friendly warning instead. #;)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Poodroo
17-04-2006, 07:17 PM
At the end of the day they are law enforcers just doing a job but most importantly they are guys like us with families and in a lot of cases great blokes so long as we are doing the right thing in front of them. ;)

Poodroo

-spiro-
17-04-2006, 07:50 PM
about time they hit this area. never seen them there in the 10 years of fishing there. There is a drop off at the end of the ramp.

imnotoriginal
17-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm not a boatie, but I've never seen one in my life. Wouldn't know what one looked like.
Joel

slugo
18-04-2006, 04:50 AM
imnotoriginal... They are a special species with mood swings little understanding of a fishermans values they cannot take a joke and they keep getting headaches .. OK how do I know all this .. I am dating one :'(

2iar
18-04-2006, 12:52 PM
imnotoriginal... They are a special species with mood swings little understanding of a fishermans values they cannot take a joke and they keep getting headaches .. OK how do I know all this .. I am dating one :'(

Presumably a *female* fisheries inspector, Slugo? ;) ;D

Mate, you're stuffed. You'd be as well giving the fishing away all together. Either that or spend even more time in QLD, which is hopefully outside her jurisdiction ;) :D

Good luck,
Mike

fish2eat
18-04-2006, 12:59 PM
All the ones I've met are very polite, if somewhat "official"..... ie they leave their humour at home. Some of them have even been attractive...the women that is!

Jitlands
18-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Like everyone good and bad days at work can affect how we interact with people we deal with.

As an example the NSW inspector that lobbed at our camp down Brooms Head way last year accepted our offer of a seat in the shade and a cold drink, checked our eskies, did his job,was plesant and welcome back anytime.

But

The bloke that slipped when climbing into the boat crushing the family jewels against the gunnell at the Kawana ramp some years back had an unplesant manner and did not fall for the "we were laughing with you not at you line"

MILTON
18-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Good one

MILTON

shaman
19-04-2006, 08:55 PM
But

The bloke that slipped when climbing into the boat crushing the family jewels against the gunnell at the Kawana ramp some years back had an unplesant manner and did not fall for the "we were laughing with you not at you line"

;D ;D ;D KARMA ;D ;D ;D SHOULDN'T LAUGH ;D ;D ;D