PDA

View Full Version : TOUCHY's Secret Snapper bait

JNR_SECURITY
20-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Touchy junior jonno showed the old guy a few snapper tricks, went out for midweek fish at mud and come home with my first big bay snapper with touchy's secret snapper bait, #quiet a few bottles of green death will have to change hands before the secret will be reveiled. #The snapper went 7kg and 80 cm long on a alvery reel and rod combo in 10 metres of water, and yes i only have very little skin left on my knuckles ehehehe but it was worth it.

Cheers touchy for another great trip

jonno

revs57
20-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Good fish Jonno,

Very satisfying to get a fish like that in Moreton

Cheers

Rhys

aussiefool
20-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Bugger you cought my knobby >:( well I sure that's the one I had picked out and put MY name on ;D
Well done M8
Aussiefool
Andrew

Lucky_Phill
20-04-2006, 05:42 PM
I do believe I may know of Touchy's secret bait, then again, I may not. :-/

Nice work Jonno. I see ya not in the shallows hey !

Say ' ello to the old fella for me.

Cheers Phill

webby
20-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I can see now why you phoned me at 7am this morning, brag brag brag ;D
nice one johnno, you may go and reinvest in a boat again now, and leave the old fella to his plastics ;)
Does that bait make a click click sound ;)
So where's the old fella hiding now i suppose, what did his go .......7cm ;).
Nice down the s/e corner isnt it ;)
regards

Tony_N
20-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Bit precious isn't it? #Secret bait? JeeeeZ

Nice fish, but.

88fishframe
20-04-2006, 07:42 PM
ahhhhhh yes, the 'secret bait' brings back many old memories. What is that bait again? ;D

cobber1
20-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Do you find it in the deli section by any chance?

Always good on a cracker if things are quiet too.

onerabbit
20-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Good ole prawn heads, huh.

Muzz

Touchy - R.I.P.
21-04-2006, 08:06 AM
AAAAAAAGH,It's great when a fishing plan comes together & the PUPIL ::) actually heeds some of the old farts advice,lesson one was quick to learnTHE ALVEY BRAKE SYSTEM IS NOT CALLED KNUCKLES!!! ;D,6000 blurred turns of the reel got a knuckle each time :D palm under the reel was tried next causing burning of skin, crickey I haven't laughed so much since I got married :P,Hey Phil, it was not the bait so much methinks (tho'all baits used 3 8-))but my weekly soaking in the marinate helps plus the fact that it is in the burly as well, the big cod I had on seemed to think it was ok He was a biggie 'round the 20/30lb class,he just came up for a look at us & then swam away after spiting out the hooks,I dont think he even knew he was hooked up,pity he didn't hang around for a piccie he was an awesome sight. Well done Jon a fish to remember for life I reckon & very pleased I could be a part of it,a great morning & also got some great marks at low tide for the coming big bream winter. Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>

Ive_got_crabs
21-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Nice Fish,

I have been fishing Mud Island for the last 6 months, and only in the last month or so I have been pulling some very nice snapper. #The last 2 trips I have nailed a 5 nice size snapper all around the 7 to 9 kilo mark they are certainly on the chew at mud (for a change). #I will let you know in on a secret I was told this by a my mates father who is a pro fisher he uses cows eyes. #You will always nail the big snapper every time once I will guarantee a big snapper they love them. Plu the butcher shop will give hem away. Let me know how you go see you out at Mud.

adds31
21-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Wasn't fresh water eel was it?

Adds....

Ive_got_crabs
23-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Attention Touchy,

Sorry mate I am only a new member and till I get 10 posts up I cannot reply to you directly. About my secret bait the reason I tried it was because I was taken out by a few guys off shore and they swear by it. I have tried it the last few trips to mud with my two sons and we have cleaned up big time. But I have noticed they have been really on the chew at mud. Been fishing with squid and eyes and the eyes always seem to attract the big ones.

Seeya on the water.

outsiderskip
23-04-2006, 12:42 PM
hi johno
are u sureu know what depth u caught that fish
post 10mts on nugget u said 7 mts
one wonders when u get caught out

cheers pete