PDA

View Full Version : NSW FISHING FINE

TIM-DONSELAAR
21-04-2006, 12:27 PM
if your gonna fish in NSW make sure you purchase a fishing licence,i fished with Rod (flickflack) yesterday in the tweed river and i received a $200 fine because i forgot to purchase a licence. #:'( :'( :'(

cheers tim #:'(

StevenM
21-04-2006, 12:32 PM
5 bucks or even 35 for a year verses 200, looks like they are policing it a bit better these daays tim,

finga64
21-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Oops

Slient
21-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear :-[
Beware to Queenslanders :o :o :o

Poseidon
21-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Ouch.

Here is the link if you need to get one in a hurry, on-line.

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recreational/Fishing-Fee

Regards Cameron.

land_based
21-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I was in yamba for three days, almost forgot about it, got checked twice in 2 days while i was there, that was lucky!

fish2eat
21-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Ouch...........

last time I went to Byron I got a 3day licence over the net....looks like they are checking close to the Border because of all the Queenslanders popping over for a fish.

SeaHunt
21-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Thats why I do not go to NSW. :P
Just as many "free" fish up here. 8-)

I will be selling the boat and packing it in if they ever introduce one up here.

So if you do not pay the fine can they extradite you from Queensland?
I wonder how many uncollected fines they have, I bet a lot of tourists just piss off home without paying.

Canoedle
21-04-2006, 05:57 PM
I don't think that's the answer SeaHunt, before long you would have a warrant out for your arrest I'm guessing. I happily pay my $30 odd SIPS permit and only catch fish 1 in 3 trips, and would gladly pay the same for salt water if the $s were going to stopping idiots from raping our waterways by keeping everything that is unfortunate enough to grace their line. It comes up so often on this forum that honest fishos stand by helpless as these careless pricks do as they please ignorant or just apathetic to the damage they are doing. If we all paid $30 a year it would hire a lot of inspectors to clean up the image of Qld rec fishos. Give em the power to fine people for littering as well and it's doubly worth it in my eyes.

PS. Bad luck Tim, bet you'll remember the permit nest time. :P

Archer
21-04-2006, 06:02 PM
^^ Couldnt agree more. I live in NSW and think nothing of paying the annual fee. Really its cheaper than a day on the water!
Majority of the money goes back into grants and the like for breeding stocking etc. More fish for me to catch in years to come. A small price to pay IMO!

peterr
21-04-2006, 06:07 PM
A bit of a negative response to NSW licences from you blokes. All funds raised from the rec fishing licences are placed into saltwater & freshwater Fishing trusts and can only be spent on projects to improve recreational fishing. Things such as Angel Rings & Life Buoys at popular rock fishing spots, FADS in coastal waters to attract more pelagics, Mulloway stocks in many NSW estuaries replenished with fingerlings etc.
Fish habitat restoration in freshwater rivers, over 8.5 million fish stocked in NSW waterways last year, the list goes on & on. No wonder you blokes are coming down here to fish. :D
A few bucks spent on a licence that is going to improve the future of our favourite pastime isn't going to make much difference Seahunt :-?
Cheers Peterr.

robersl
21-04-2006, 07:47 PM
you also have to be careful s the nsw border goes up the coast past the land border out a bit wider in the ocean you can be in nsw waters even if sitting of a qld beach

NEWBY
22-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Absolutely amazing eh? You cop a $200.00 fine for flicking a rod in the tweed river and the Indonesians who were caught fishing in our waters got a $5.00 fine. Gotta love the Australian "Injustice" system don't ya?

bidkev
22-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Absolutely amazing eh? You cop a $200.00 fine for flicking a rod in the tweed river and the Indonesians who were caught fishing in our waters got a $5.00 fine. Gotta love the Australian "Injustice" system don't ya?

Dunno about that :-/ At least they didn't take his boat :o

Unlucky Tim. Wrong place wrong time. Fate I suppose :-/

Got back to the ramp last week and a jennie crawled out from under the floor. I'd dropped it on my first lift of the day and forgot all about it (can't lift the floor till I'm back on dry land). If fisheries had been there, I'd've copped it!........next time out, they were there, so it only goes to show......right place, right time blah blah.

One consolation.....I may be losing my memory a bit but at least I've still got all my toes ;D

Memo to self.....close off that hole in front of the floor.

kev

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Lone_Wolf
22-04-2006, 12:22 PM
rotten bad luck Tim, you can tell State of Origin draws nigh, the Blues are getting officious already!

peterr
22-04-2006, 01:46 PM
We'll kick your butts too!!!! Go the Blues!!!@!!

TheSaint
22-04-2006, 05:54 PM
The $200 fine will help you 'Remember' next time! ;D

Sean
22-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I bet you wish you were an Indonesian inhumanely killing sharks so you could only have their fins. You could put the extra $195 into fixing up your piece of shit boat that was probably worth less than that anyway!! ;D ;D
On a serious note, I have always thought that NSW fisheries shoul introduce an open licence.....If you own a boat like me, and invite people to fish on it. you have a licence for yourself, and one that covers anyone else, so one day it could be my Brother from brisbane, the next A guy from work who has never fished b4. That way it still encourages people to take newies out for a fish and they don't think its too expensive...Probably has some problems but If the idea is refined it could work....Could it? BTW If I take my 2 year old daughter out to catch some herring C&R for some fun, She sort of fishes but I sort of help her, (Save my fishing rod from swimming) Does she need a license? And would I? Sean :) Or is this the fishing she needs to master? ;D

fishingnottake
23-04-2006, 04:05 AM
no underr 18's don't need a licence, and if you take her fishing and she has the only rod you're set to i think, check the link at the top for more info

wayne_cook
23-04-2006, 05:23 AM
nice quote kev

LCC
23-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Back luck Tim, I to was fishing with flickflack on the tweed and we got pulled
up. I had no licence, the trip was organised right at the last minute, I droped into a couple of garages on the QLD side on the way to the ramp but came up with nothing.

The fisheries guy asked me if I had a Mobile phone and a credit card, luckily i did and he let me purchase one over the phone, I also had a cast net in the boat wich is worth another $300. It could hvae been a very expensive trip if the dude was not a good bloke! or i got him on a good day!

I think if you head down that way even a couple of times a year to fish it is worth spending the money on an annual license.

Cheers
Stephen

fishingnottake
23-04-2006, 05:51 AM
because i'm such a nice bloke
You require a NSW recreational fishing licence to fish in fresh and salt water in NSW unless you are:

1. Under the age of 18.
2. An adult assisting a person under the age of 18 to take a fish using a single rod or to take prawns using a single dip or scoop net.
3. A person fishing in a private dam with a surface area of two hectares or less.
4. An Aboriginal person fishing in freshwater; or, when fishing in saltwater, an Aboriginal person that is a party to a registered native title claim, or is taking part in a traditional cultural activity as a member of their local land council, or in the company of a member of the local land council.
5. The holder of:

* current Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink
* current Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veteran's Affairs.
* Commonwealth Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Totally and Permanently Incapacitated";
* Commonwealth Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Extreme Disablement Adjustment";
* letter from the Commonwealth Department of Veterans Affairs stating that the person receive a disability pension of 70 per cent or higher, or an intermediate pension.

Please note that Senior's Cards, Health Care Cards and Repatriation Health Cards will not exempt you from buying a fishing licence.

Heath
23-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Did they catch you with a rod in your hand?

We got checked a few weeks back on Tweed. 4 of us in the boat & the Fisheries guy asked if we were all fishing. Only had 2 rods out. We all had licences anyway.

So I reckon if you didn't have a rod in your hand you might get away with it if you contest it.

TIM-DONSELAAR
24-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Did they catch you with a rod in your hand?

We got checked a few weeks back on Tweed. 4 of us in the boat & the Fisheries guy asked if we were all fishing. Only had 2 rods out. We all had licences anyway.

So I reckon if you didn't have a rod in your hand you might get away with it if you contest it.

my rod was in my hand when the fisheries guy approached us...so im stuffed #:(

cheers tim #:)

blaze
24-04-2006, 05:42 PM
In tassie, dont know bout nsw but if you have a rod and not using it they class it as "INTENT". We only have a fresh water licence and you get your licence for one rod but for extra money ($5.00 I think) you can licence another rod so while flicking a lure you can have a bait out, still need to be within 10m (I think). If you have 2 rods and a licence for 1 they see that as intent
cheers
blaze

saphire
24-04-2006, 08:54 PM
OH Dear....
That is something that often happens to us Queenslanders when we are caught south of the border.
What bad luck.
saphire.

spinna
25-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi all
# What can the N.S.W fisheries do if you dont pay the fine :-X. First they will sent #out a letter to you and if you still don't pay they will get in contact the QLD #RTA and will request that your car license or your car rego be cancelled next time its up for renewal :'(. Then it will cost you a lot more >:(so my advice is to pay up . If you fish in NSW waters get a license as the money will go back into fish stocking and lot of other things for us amateurs its is a good thing ;)

# reg # spinna #8-)

masterdusky
25-04-2006, 08:54 PM
BAd luck u got fined but Ive got one 4 when I fish tweed cabarita etc... Id happily pay one in QLD also the money gets used for the good anyhow :D

fish2eat
26-04-2006, 12:32 PM
just bought a 3 day licence for the long weekend.....$6 is a lot cheaper than $200 !!!!!!

Samand
26-04-2006, 12:48 PM
is it true that cast nets are illegal in NSW

fish2eat
26-04-2006, 12:58 PM
yes - it's true.........sob!!!!!

banshee
26-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Yes it's illegal to be in possesion of one adjacent to a waterway in NSW,remember that the tweed is NSW till it hits dry land on the QLD side.

Dignity
26-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Sorry to hear Tim. Lucky I didn't get caught myself. Missus decided to go for a drive and take a friend. We ended up at Kingscliffe and while the ladies were sipping on the chards I pulled the SP rod out and flicked it around. It wasn't till we got home the missus pipes up "Ididn't know you had licence to fish NSW? [smiley=oops.gif]". I'd completely forgotten. What gets me is that I didn't even realise that she knew of such a thing.

Sam

DICER
27-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Tim, sorry to hear that mate. Thanks for the heads-up though for when I head home to Queensland. I was thinking of camping a few days down in NSW. I don't think that I would have remembered, perhaps maybe? Trust me the situation is better there, than here in Holland. Though 200 hundred is steep for a first.

Wildman
28-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I will be selling the boat and packing it in if they ever introduce one up here.

geeze mate times must be tough if ud give it up over a 35$ a year license?