PDA

View Full Version : Charter Boat WHAT Charter Boat

griz066
28-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Last year I promised No 1 son I would take him on a day charter for his 15th birthday and he has been counting down the days, well it is nearly here.
Question is can anyone recommend a boat from Gold or Sunshine coast that is woth the trip.
Not realy interested in a boat load of 20 tourists and a skipper who is not interested in finding fish. Would like this to be a positive first trip where he will be able to catch a few good fish.

Jeremy
28-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Not much fun if he is going to be sick all day. Have you considered an estuary charter with Brad Smith on the Gold Coast. Otherwise Incredible Charters out of Scarborough.

Jermey

Slient
28-04-2006, 01:18 PM
If your boy prefers offshore and I would recommend BK fishing charter at Southport.
They limit 10 pax on shark cat boat and fish off GC beach, there's plenty of mackerals awaiting to strike.

http://www.bksfishing.com.au

Cheers
Silent

Dominator
28-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Mate,

I went on a charter with Fish the Deep on "Good Friday" a few weeks back and we cleaned up. :D :D

Matt is a good skipper and a nice bloke, give him a call. ;)

Cheers,

Dom

bballfisho
28-04-2006, 02:04 PM
i went out on the noosa cat charter for a full day trip ( barwon banks) 2 weeks ago and they tried hard to put us onto fish all day and by the end everyone had caught their share of solid fish. only 8 on the 33 foot boat so their was good space. if you want to see thier weekly reports go to http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/.
plenty of fish to be caught up their.

connor

rando
28-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I have never been on a charter with Mono, but judging on his posts/pics on here alone, you would have to give him a plug.

Fishin_Dan
28-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I think their called Outside Charters (Or outside edge)?

Talk to Jeffo off here. He works with them. Go out of the Sunshine Coast

castamasta
28-04-2006, 08:06 PM
mate i agree with the above coment on noosa cat charter,always had a good reputation,also bruce cooper,s 'adventure fish' i think its called he is on the sunshine coast and worth a call,cheers,casta.

Biff
28-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I would go sunshine coast over gold coast because the fishing has been far better that way. What ever boat you choose, get one that is fast as it will give you more option if needed. Being the two of you, you will find it hard to share the moment with your son, as you will be the two to make up numbers. Hope you don't get put on with a bunch of drunks. Let the charter mob know what you want. Go mid week if have to.

Good luck and i hope you and your son have a great day, one to remember.
Biff :)

ancienttinnie
28-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I agree with Jeremy, have used both operations and had absolutley brilliant days with them, great people and plenty of quality fish. Also Mono is worth a go, haven't tried him yet but know people who have and they think he is great.

iank
28-04-2006, 09:33 PM
am booked on a charter this coming tuesday with Fish The Deep charters, will post results of trip tues night.
Cheers Ian

goddy100
28-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Don't just consider the catching fish but the after sales service. Went out on a charter from the sunshine coast and caught a good fish. No cleaning facilities or anything. So a nice fish fillited back in the cabin I was staying in with a steak knife, not pretty. Ensure a catch and clean service, or a place they will do it. They did give the catch of the day to a person who was seasick all the way out, but appart from that they where abit bodgey

Sportfish_5
28-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Go with Andrew on Outside Edge out of M/ba - he knows his stuff and will get the young bloke onto some good fish.

jeffo
29-04-2006, 06:57 AM
come with us ;) :)
www.outsideedge.com.au

on the kevla cat its a maximum of 4 pob plus andrew and i... basically we will do what ever style of fishing you want...from blue marlin through snapper to mackeral in close.