PDA

View Full Version : You lucky buggers

familyman
29-04-2006, 07:53 AM
I am from the central coast of nsw and I just got back from the gold coast with the family doing all the theme parks.Travelling by shuttle bus every day gave me lots of time to dream about fishing all the water up there.How do you guys get any work done when there's so much fishing to do?
We had a great time and everyone we spoke to were really friendly and helpful with the exception of one surly busdriver but we didnt let that worry us too much.
The area is just so beautiful we are now considering a move to the hinterlands or tweed area,I said to the financial controller I will need a bigger boat,she said ok so thats it ,were going :) well sometime anyway.One last question ,does the southeast wind get up at dawn every day because down here you normally get 4-5 hours before the breeze gets up?
Anyway you se queenslanders are a lucky bunch ;D
cheers jon

Lucky_Phill
29-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Jon, firstly let me say, you've welcome.

Secondly, they don't call Queensland " God's own country " for nothing. ;)

In regard to the wind, we have seasons, like everyone else. Ideal forecast for fishing up here is SE/NE10-15 other than the " vairable winds -10knots ".

Winter sees the Westerlies come in and that creates good close in fishing with the offshore wide sceen getting lumpy.

You've only sctratched the surface, you should try places " in the sun " further north.

Stay tuned here for reports form 1770, Stanage Bay, Lucinda, Cooktown, Mossman, Mooloolaba, The Whitsundays and the like.

Don't forget to apply for your Queensland passport well in advance, apparently there is a long waiting list. :) ;D ;) ::) 8-)

Cheers Phill ( Queenslander !! )

rodbender
29-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Jon i moved from the central coast of nsw to Maryborough 12 m ago best move ever 45k out of Hervey bay weather's great fishing even better see u soon :) ;) ;D

cheers Reg

fish2eat
29-04-2006, 11:24 AM
You are welcome as long as you leave all your blue footy jerseys at Tweed Heads

frenzy
29-04-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah mate come up to qld,there is a definate skill shortage up here,they need some nsw blood bred into them,then and only then they might win an origin ;D ;D ;D

Heath
29-04-2006, 03:33 PM
It's hard not to fall in love with the place isn't it!

To answer your question though, it is easy. You either go before work 8-) or you use all of your sickleave :-X.

Seriously, the close proximity of the fishing grounds enables you to nick out for a few hours before work, especially in summer when the mackerel are running. Myself & a mate (JB) regularly venture out before work for a hit. Most mornings back at the ramp around 8ish with a few fish under our belt.

If you want to get a feel for what the fishing is like on the GoldCoast have a look HERE (www.gcfishing.com/gallery.html) for a few video clips ;)

robersl
29-04-2006, 05:31 PM
as you come over the border to stay they tattoo a dolphin on you arse cheek so you can come and go freely all the time ;D

PinHead
29-04-2006, 05:50 PM
yeah mate come up to qld,there is a definate skill shortage up here,they need some nsw blood bred into them,then and only then they might win an origin ;D ;D ;D

LOL..yeah right..just compare the population difference and we have done quite okay...way better to live in Qld and lose the odd football game than live in NSW for any reason

fishn-ads
29-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Population going up everyday, decreasing in those other states? As they say if you don't like it go home. I think there is some great fishing in NSW it's just a same for the Blues it's better here, but we do have alot more coastline and better fishermen. As for the football we'll win the SofO and the premiership this year look at the table?

yabbycod
29-04-2006, 06:08 PM
hey all you fishos, i am new here and would like to know if anybody knows where on the web i could find a map of peel island

bidkev
29-04-2006, 08:49 PM
hey all you fishos, i am new here and would like to know if anybody knows where on the web i could find a map of peel island

Google is your friend. First Hit: http://users.bigpond.net.au/pludlow/peelmap.htm

kev

Most of our suspicions of others are aroused by our knowledge of ourselves.

emohruo
30-04-2006, 09:42 AM
yep theres only two states to be in thats QLD and pissed ;D

blaze
30-04-2006, 02:38 PM
feel sorry for all you queenslander that think its gods country cause ya wrong
now TASSIE has a moderate temp and rainfall, no water ressrictions, no hurricanes or violent electrical storms, did I mention them huge hailstones ya get up there.
Fish in tassie might not be huge BUT we have flathead carpets on the ocean floors, normal a good tuna and marlin run on the east coast. Unpoluted waters, Yep ya can drink tank water in tassie. World reknown trout fishery.
Crayfish and abs
Did I memtion that you can leave the keys in your car at the ramp and its still there when you get back.
I could go on but wont
Now ya really understand that your only close to gods country, feel free to visit, stay a month and then you will realise that all I speak is the truth.
cheers
blaze

Figjamm
01-05-2006, 04:56 PM
feel sorry for all you queenslander that think its gods country cause ya wrong
now TASSIE has a moderate temp

Moderate temp? LMAO... dream on blaze :)

Who was whining awhile ago about wiring up a boat in soaring temps! ;)

Doesn't Tassie sit right in the path of some notorious wind that encircles the earth.... and get snow and four distinctive seasons? That isn't my idea of moderate. The only thing I miss about a four season state is autumn leaves :)

So when's the best month to come for that visit? :-/

blaze
01-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi Bev
any time
:) ;)
cheers
blaze

lock
02-05-2006, 08:17 AM
;D ;D ;D Nice one pinhead ;D ;D ;D lets see how this years origen pans out I think the sheild might go north . Anyway look at the waratahs now that there is some queensland blood in there ;)