PDA

View Full Version : where is the captain bishop bridge

mat_anderson04
03-05-2006, 08:17 PM
hay ausfishers and guest can any one help me im wondering where is the captain bishop bridge is i was reading one of the post from today called cb landbased and some one tpld me it was the captain bishop bridge hes talknig aobut

but i dont no where it is can any one help

chrees ando 8-)

mju_75
04-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey there mate sure you not thinking about captain bligh's??,they have a couple of shops in Brisbane one at underwood and one over at tingalpa there somewhere.

Cheers

Mark

Jeremy
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Captain Bishop bridge at Fisherman's Islands near the boat ramp Matt

Jeremy

mat_anderson04
04-05-2006, 02:15 PM
hay jeremy thanks for that, might have to give it a fish there some time with 'sp'

chrees ando

Flash
04-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Don't underestimate the mossies.

richieboy
04-05-2006, 03:51 PM
hay jeremy thanks for that, might #have to give it a fish there some time with 'sp'

chrees ando

Hey mate. I'm a local and have fished that area in and around the bridge for over 10 years with not much luck. Although in the early days I used to get some monster bream around the pylons. I stopped fishing there as alot of people started fishing there taking small stuff. In the end it was getting a little fished out in my opinion. All my fishing was landbased.
Recently went back there with SP's only to have a flick and not a touch again.Turned me off a bit.
It is just luck of the draw I reckon and that place is prime example if the word "Fickle". Give it a go but if it's the same bridge Jeremy's mentioned it may be hit and miss.
If you get anything I'd love to hear mate. Good Luck.

Rich ;)

shabss
04-05-2006, 03:55 PM
if this is the same spot where i fished recently i had one "that got away"
i think it might have been a jack because it gave me a big fight before it broke my line

mat_anderson04
04-05-2006, 05:03 PM
hay richieboy thanks for the info i will make sure i will do a report if i go donw and have a flick with the plastics

chrees ando

chief
06-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Blow me down lived around the area for the whole of my life and didn't know that bridge had a name,Dont know if you still can but we used to get some nice blackbream on weed/float years ago off those rocks.

Flash
06-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Any time I've been there the current belts through so fast that you wouldn't be able to fish with a float.

I've got a few bream in close to the rocks though.

seatime
06-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Does the "Bishop" in the name have reference to the long since deceased Bishop Island, remember Bishop Island.
I can remember dropping off fishing clubs on a friday night in the 70's. The Hayles ferries on their way to Amity would drop off and pick up occasionally at Bishop Is. It was popular for weekend picinics too, had a kiosk from memory. cheers

theoldlegend
06-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Who was Captain Bishop? Was he related to Captain Tuttle?

TOL

DICER
07-05-2006, 09:59 AM
I remember going to Bishop Island by ferry - and once by midnight cruise. I fed the fish there.