PDA

View Full Version : KOKODA

Blackened
05-05-2006, 09:24 PM
G'day
Just been up at hawthone and saw kokoda. Thought it would be appropriate to give it a plug as it's an aussie film and also tells a story very important in our countries history. I thought it was brilliant, very well done. Makes you really appreciate what those men have done for us.
Dave

Viking
06-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I see Kochie from Sunrise just did the trek it would have to be THE trek to do in your lifetime for anyone from Australia.

land_based
06-05-2006, 12:35 PM
I saw a short preview of it, definetly will be going to see it.

Blackened
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
G'day
Yeh... my good mate evan whom i saw it with last nite with his girlfriend. We'll be doing the treck in the next coupla years. Along with gallipoli. I think it's a must do.
Dave

jack_attacks
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I am going to see it tonight...sounds like a good movie.

GES
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I have a book called "Kokoda" by Paul Ham. It is the history of the Kokoda campaign.
If you read the book first and then go to the movie, you will understand the movie, and the incidents depicted in it, even better.
If you think the movie makes you appreciate what those blokes did for us in the Owen Stanley Ranges, then read the book and you'll be blown out of the water.

GES

Dominator
08-05-2006, 10:04 AM
I went and saw it on Saturday night and thought it was a great movie.

It made me realise the sacrifices those man made to protect our great country. ;)

It was quite strange after the movie, usually people are in a rush to leave the cinema but after the movie had finished pretty much the whole crowd just sat there.

I definately reccomend people go see it. ;)

Cheers,

Dom