PDA

View Full Version : Next Boaties Market Sunday 7th May VMR Victoria Pt

subzero
22-03-2006, 10:02 PM
A bit of advance notice for you as many of you like to attend and plan ahead, I will start bumping it up closer to the date. :)
Kind Regards
Lloyd

Popular Boaties’ Market On Again – 7th May

Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point is holding its eleventh bi-annual Boaties’ Market at the Victoria Point State School grounds in Colburn Avenue on Sunday May 7th 2006. The gates open for site holders and buyers at 5.30 am and the market continues until 12 noon. The market has become a well known event and continues to increase in popularity

Entry for buyers is by means of a donation, with the proceeds going towards operating and maintaining the rescue vessels, looking after the building, its vehicles and safety equipment. Site holders pay a token $10 per site with there being no restrictions on the size required and no need to book ahead. We are always pleased to donate a percentage of our takings to the School’s P & C Association for their generosity in making the grounds available for the market. The interest shown so far in this year’s markets is well in excess of previous years

Any enquiries should be directed to Rob Collyer on 0412 506 626
E-mail contact Rob at
robcollyer@ozemail.com.au
Web site info http://www.vmr.org.au/upcomingevents.html

finga64
23-03-2006, 07:08 AM
You beauty :D

I'm going to be in trouble for spending too much again :'(
Thanks for the advance notice. I have time to get some serious browny points in before May :)
I'd better not let the cook see this. Apparently I'm trying to selling the little boat :-?

Cheers Scott

DaneCross
23-03-2006, 08:38 AM
But who is going to be selling the Lucky Phill Mackmauler slugs now that Phill has moved north??? :-?

skippa
23-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't worry DC,

I reckon Darryl (crestcutter) could step up to the mark, I hear he's been a busy boy lately ;)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

StevenM
23-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Sounds good, keep bumping post so we all remember

subzero
21-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Time for a little reminder
Cheers Lloyd

Darryl
24-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I dont know if they are lucky Skippa, but i seem to do alright with the palagics of late. Who knows maybe i jagged them too. ;D

If people want a sample they can pm me.

Darryl.

Free bump Llyod. ;) ;D

subzero
24-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks Darryl ;) :)

deb
26-04-2006, 06:33 PM
ah huh!! will see if I can drag BBJ down, needs to spend some money on his reno boat ;)

Lucky_Phill
29-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Well fellas and LADIES, better get down there, and early.
It has been my experience that the bargains are to be had at Dawn. Last year a set of outrigger poles went for $120. And I saw sinkers there for 20c each ( 10 ball ). Ya just never know what turns up there 1

I won't be there this year, and Dane, I'll sort those slugs somehow.

No need to have breakie as there is always a good feed on offer, tackle bargains, spare parts and odds and ends, even Boats ! , #and you are sure to run into many other Ausfishers, just wear ya Ausfish Cap.

Also good to get there to support the people that are watching out over you while you are on the briney !

Sorry I couldn't make it Lloyd, but the 1,200k round trip would require me to sell.................LOTSA # Slugs #;D ;) # # ::)

Cheers #Phill

subzero
02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks Deb and Phill, you should have been a salesman Phill, you could sell ice to an Eskimo ;D
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
08-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Just a quick thankyou to all the people on the site whom supported the Market yet again.
I believe that entry/stall levels were up by about 10% on the previous one so that is great.
Thank you 4BC (Nugget) for once again looking after us also.

With this event being well supported and occuring twice a year it takes a lot of pressure of the active members with fundraising and leaves them with the job of actually spending a bit more time on water training without worrying about where the money is coming from for the fuel.

Thanks again everyone for your support (And for supporting your own local Rescue Groups Australia wide) :)

Cheers Lloyd