PDA

View Full Version : Had some very, very evil thoughts! ;)

Herm
04-05-2006, 06:48 PM
We spent a lovely Sunday/Monday at Seaworld with the family :)

The intention was to show the girls around and introduce them to the different types of animals on display, Polar Bears, Shark Bay, seals, dolphins, etc. #The polar bear display made me a bit depressed after a while of watching her pacing around and around and around :( #So I ended up at Shark Bay (for some reason I don't feel the same sympathy for the sharks! ;)) and was amazed at the different species and the size of the fish in the shark bay display pools!

I sat there for hours "wishing" that I had a fishing rod! #I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he said that he also had sat there just "studying his prey" ;D

Has anyone else noticed the size of some of the fish in there?

Janine

longtail
04-05-2006, 06:52 PM
yeah.....i've had the same thoughts janine ;)

there are some mighty impressive fish in those tanks

fishing rod or spear gun.......either would be fun :-X ;D ;D

cheers
jason

Custaro
04-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I was there not long ago and almost slipped into a daydreaming coma just watching.

I thought it was interesting to see the more active barra mixing it up with the big school of snapper.

Another thing was how the sucker fish and some yellow tail kingies had eaten so much they had distorted from their natural shape. I gave them a new name of "Boomerang Fish" because of their shape. I think the name suits them (sucker fish) well in a natural environment in the way you take em off, chuck em out and they come straight back for more. >:( Second throw back is usually done after a few smacks around the head. Then they don't fly so well. ;D

DICER
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I have just been to the Oceanarium in Rotterdam - that is pretty impressive, just like mooba or sydney. The fishin Rotterdam were schooling up and I would have interested in jumping in there with the reg in my mouth.

Herm
04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I took lots of photos but am having trouble getting them small enough to post!

Any suggestions?

Janine

BlitzBaga
04-05-2006, 09:03 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Try the above site for image resizer, it is very good.

Cheers
Murray

BlitzBaga
04-05-2006, 09:09 PM
this ias an example, and it seaworld as well :P

mulisha
04-05-2006, 09:14 PM
yeh for sure theres sum big sharks in there i would love 2 catch ;D ;D ;D

Herm
04-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Trying a photo :-?

Herm
04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah! ;D

Herm
04-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah #:D

Herm
04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Another #:)

Herm
04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Keep dreaming! :o

Herm
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Another one!

chanquetas
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Great pics. Thanks for showing us.

Heath
04-05-2006, 10:52 PM
The barra sitting in the warmer shallower water hey ;)

el_carpo
05-05-2006, 01:26 AM
One of the spots my brothers and I fish here on Lake Michigan is right outside of the Shedd Aquarium. One day, before we get to our fishing spot, my brother says he really needs the restroom. I tell him that they have one just inside the doors of the aquarium. So there we were, four guys with all of our fishing gear walking up the front steps of one of the city's biggest tourist draws. You should have seen the faces! People were cracking up.

One lady says, "So you've given up on the lake have you? Gonna try your luck in the tanks?"

Being a ham, I reply, "Oh, h##l yes! Have you seen some of those fish? They're huge and besides, I've always wanted to try fishing saltwater!" ;D

The tourists were taking photos with us too. Right now, my shmugly face is on a photograph somewhere in Taiwan, England, Canada, and I think, Pakistan. ;D

Very cool pics you posted! Thanks for sharing them with us!

I think they're going to have to hire extra security for some of you! ;D ;D ;D

bdowdy
05-05-2006, 08:15 AM
its awesome, i took the family last year and had a great day, nice shots thanks for bringing back the memorys. cheers bdowdy :)

2iar
05-05-2006, 09:44 AM
One of the spots my brothers and I fish here on Lake Michigan is right outside of the Shedd Aquarium. One day, before we get to our fishing spot, my brother says he really needs the restroom. I tell him that they have one just inside the doors of the aquarium. So there we were, four guys with all of our fishing gear walking up the front steps of one of the city's biggest tourist draws. You should have seen the faces! People were cracking up.

One lady says, "So you've given up on the lake have you? Gonna try your luck in the tanks?"

Being a ham, I reply, "Oh, h##l yes! Have you seen some of those fish? They're huge and besides, I've always wanted to try fishing saltwater!" ;D

The tourists were taking photos with us too. Right now, my shmugly face is on a photograph somewhere in Taiwan, England, Canada, and I think, Pakistan. ;D

Very cool pics you posted! Thanks for sharing them with us!

I think they're going to have to hire extra security for some of you! ;D ;D ;D

LOL ;D ;D ;D

Another great story Carpo. Keep 'em coming.

Good luck,
Mike

bo_sawyer
05-05-2006, 01:45 PM
i sat there looking at the jacks alone, for a good 40minutes ;D has any noticed that they just kept swimming along the window in a pattern?? very interesting stuff.

BlitzBaga
05-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I never had my polerisers with me so I didn't take too many shots into the water. The polar bear photo managed to get honers and photo of the year at the IPS judging night.

Cheers
Murray

Spaniard_King
06-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Janine,

I hope you enjoyed your day in my back yard 8-),

a shame I didn't know you were going, could have given the family a bit of behind the scenes tour ;)

Garry

Herm
06-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Glad to know that I am not alone with my evil thoughts! ;)

Garry, how has the family pulled up after the bout of cigutera? #any reoccurrences? #Are you based down the coast? #We bought the season passes for $77 so we will down that way again and again and again, I am sure of it! :)

Murray - that is a brilliant photo! :D #My husband wants to know if we can get a copy from you? :)

Janine

imnotoriginal
06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I've been in there before, would love to throw a chip in the water on a 1/0, you'd never be without a feed of bream that way. The last time I was there all the others were on rides and i was watching the shallows after I spotted a big flathead lying in wait. I must have been there a good 20 minutes with the rod arm twitching. Great fun.
Joel

Burley_Boy
09-05-2006, 08:03 PM
lol
ok you've got me considering a year pass for the familiy too. We're only 10 or so minutes away.

Re: the pacing check with Garry he's got the inside info on Polar Bear antics...i think anyway.
I know they get peeved if their water temp drops below 24deg or something!

Jim_Byrne
09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Great Pics! Its like having Sea World in your lounge room!

Bo_D
I kept a jack in a tank at home from 4cm to 27cm, before he died. These fish are deadset incredible. Watching the antics and the funny patterns he would swim in was most interesting, and some what educational! I have kept a range of native fish and none of them compare to the jack!