PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's weather (I think...!)

MulletMan
11-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I always love to see a SW swinging around to a SE during the day as forecast at 10-15 knots Saturday and Sunday. ;D
Usually this produces a calm period as the wind shift comes in. :)
A nice nippy SW in the morning that will probably have no detrimental effect on the Bay, then my "calm spot" and then slowly swinging around to the SE later in the day. :)
What am I trying to say here anyway ......... :-/ :-/ ummmmmmmmmmm, yeh, should be a great day inshore and offshore. ;)

Gorilla_in_Manila
11-05-2006, 09:44 AM
PP,
Lucky for you there ...
Got a decent sized typhoon about to land on us here in Manila.
Might cool the place down a bit at least. :)

MulletMan
11-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey Phil,
Head off to the Spiders Web bar ....................... for a good time! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

fish2eat
11-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Damn, damn, damn, damn.......moving house this weekend, full moon and all as well.......damn, damn......

finga64
11-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Your a game, brave man TPP. Hope your right though :)

rough_shag
11-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Load up the rods,sharpen the hooks we're gunna be fishin this weekend the way the weather looks!!. ;) YEEEEEHAARRR!!.

MulletMan
11-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Finga, have faith in those with a gift! [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

Jekyll
11-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Geez I hope you're right. Picking up my new boat tomorrow and have been SO looking forward to a nice bit of fishing on the Bay :)

charleville
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I have been quite amazed at how well Seabreeze.com can forecast the weather. They certainly don't get it right all of the time but when they do, it is uncanny.

Their weather for yesterday was spot on to the hour. They predicted a 10 knot southerly late in the evening after a zephyrous day and so it was.

Absolutely superlatively calm conditions all day until a 10knot southerley rolled in at 10.15 pm pm at Mud island where I was.

Amazing - but I reiterate, they are not always correct of course.

charleville
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Usually this produces a calm period as the wind shift comes in. :)
A nice nippy SW in the morning that will probably have no detrimental effect on the Bay, then my "calm spot" and then slowly swinging around to the SE later in the day. #:)
What am I trying to say here anyway ......... :-/ :-/ ummmmmmmmmmm, yeh, should be a great day inshore and offshore.

Hey Mr Panther - #I would love to see this sort of commentary on this site more often, please.

Since Brownie stopped doing his TV spots, we don't get any interpretation of what the weather forecasts means for boaties by somebody with Bay experience. #That is a big loss to #us mug punters wondering how lumpy it might get.

So please please please give us the benefit of your insights when you feel able to. :)

skippa
11-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I reckon if yas head out on Sunday, you'd be 'game fishing' wouldn't ya .... # #;D
Mothers day and all .... # #::)

So my prediction is that Sunday will be perfect for fishing, bay or offshore ... #::) ;D

Geez here comes the missus, act normal .....