PDA

View Full Version : Should I Leave AUSFISH

TIM-DONSELAAR
11-05-2006, 02:36 AM
according to the new member Stirling all my posts are crap #

Gday Tim,
whatdya BLOODY KNOW

just like to say one thing on behalf of several people i know.
DO YOU EVER HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY APART FROM 'GREAT CATCH, CHEERS TIM'
please stop flooding the place with absolute filth and put in some positive feedback and maybe you might learn how to catch something else besides 40cm flathead for the rest of your life.

FONDEST REGARDS

Stirling Mortlock

should i continue using AUSFISH or does everyone want me to bugger off ???

cheers tim #;)

fastmantis
11-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Gday Tim,
I take it this was a pm to u and i had a look at some of your previous posts and seems to be quite harsh to me all over saying similar comments in your posts. Dunno maybe i have missed something else that has happened. Can't see how your hurting anyone though and i think if thats the case and u want to be apart of this forum then who to say otherwise. i think if u have a passion for fishing and want to share the experience with others that have that passion then u belong here.

Happy fishing all
Mantis

aussiefool
11-05-2006, 03:41 AM
Hi Tim I too read the original post and thought WTF??? what had you done to be attacted? heck even I tend to use the same type of reply eg "well done mate" or something simular, ...... m8 just treat it like water off a ducks back it's runs on the score board that really count
Aussiefool

catchy_fishy
11-05-2006, 05:29 AM
I have seen one nice post of yours - not all are bad ;)

Stay and Play

Mike

PS Great catch Mate

Feral
11-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Whats wrong with catching 40cm flathead?

Tell him to P%ss off.

major-defect
11-05-2006, 06:29 AM
I agree Feral.

Punkin
11-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Oh dear....

Seen one of these posts here before. It all ended in tears for more than one person too. :'(

Not good. ::)

You could always be a man and make your own decisions? :o

karana
11-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Get over it Tim. It's just another troll out there, walk on by.

bushbeachboy
11-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Stirling Mortlock? Is that his real name? What word of encouragement has the great Stirling given? Sounds like the wise and all-knowing Stirling has a problem with the content of the site. He is allowed to vote with his feet. In fact, it could be a STERLING idea. Or maybe we could just start calling him Shirley.

Cheers mate.

Oh, let me add: "Great catch".

finga64
11-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Don't let it worry you Tim.
We all get attacked sooner or later for something or other.
40cm flatty = you little rippa :)

Jeremy
11-05-2006, 07:12 AM
nice mixed bag there guys...Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim :)

Gday Tim,
whatdya BLOODY KNOW

just like to say one thing on behalf of several people i know.
DO YOU EVER HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY APART FROM 'GREAT CATCH, CHEERS TIM'
please stop flooding the place with absolute filth and put in some positive feedback and maybe you might learn how to catch something else besides 40cm flathead for the rest of your life.

FONDEST REGARDS

Stirling Mortlock

This is just a trash comment by another little boy who has just joined up and trying to make a name for himself. Ignore him mate 'cos he won't last here. Unbelievable that someone would try to use someone else's name like that - it's just fraud.

Jeremy

Grand_Marlin
11-05-2006, 07:14 AM
G'day Tim,

Ausfish is here for one and all....

You obviously get a lot of enjoyment out of reading the fishing captures, and it is great to see you encouraging and congratulating the people involved.

Maybe you dont elaborate in your posts and maybe you dont post on other topics.... but there are no rules saying you have to.

Enjoy Ausfish any way you like.

You dont make sniping remarks or upset people... cant ask for more than that.

I dont know Sterling at all, but I would ask:

Stirling, who are you to insult a member to the extent that he is considering leaving a site that he thoroughly enjoys, just because you cant personally see any value in his input?

Feral has the right idea.

Cheers

Pete

Lone_Wolf
11-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Tim,

Turn into a duck and then it's easy. Water off a duck's back is second nature. The site is about fishing and conversation. It's all good fun, don't take it personally.

You will notice they have deleted a lot of the dribble posted late last night so I guess they had a think about it and realised they took it all a bit far. PM them and sort it out, that's the best way to air the dirty laundry.

LW

theoldlegend
11-05-2006, 08:00 AM
I agree with bushbeatboy and we'll call him Shirley.

Shirley the shirtlifter.

It's just somebody having a stir and who's not got the courage to go by his/her/its correct title.

Don't worry about him/her/it; it'll go away eventually. Keep those posts coming.

TOL

finga64
11-05-2006, 08:07 AM
so the tally is Tim 13 other bloke zip :)
can't get any clearer then that ....Tim stays [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Jeremy
11-05-2006, 08:08 AM

Shirley the shirtlifter.

It's just somebody having a stir and who's not got the courage to go by his/her/its correct title.

Don't worry about him/her/it; it'll go away eventually. #Keep those posts coming.

TOL

well said!

maztez
11-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey Tim we all talk dribble at times however if we didnt the site would be rather sterile :-/ and not as interesting as it is now ...Dont let some inane wanna be change your direction
cheers Terry ;D

blaze
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
tim 14
dosnt matter what you post as long as its within the rules, some times its nice to just see a bit of encouragement like "great catch" and not a long drawn out reply that takes the post away from where the orignal poster had intended.
stick with it mate
we all get in a bit of banter with others at times
cheers
blaze

revs57
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm in for Tim...hey that rhymes

So what if your a man of few words mate...makes up for those of us on the verbous side

Keep on keepin' on tim

Nil illegitimus carborundum

Rhys

kiljora
11-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi Tim,
You don't need to go anywhere. Just ignore it and they will disappear.. Maybe they are just jealous because you've become a silver member within about 5 months of joining and look like you could go platinum before the end of the year (I wonder if that would be a record). To me it just show's how much you enjoy the ausfish site.

Anyway Tim, No need to go, just stick around and enjoy the fishing fun..

Cheers Tony

hussy
11-05-2006, 08:27 AM
stirling mortlock, the name says it all doesn,t it? why would tim get upset by someone with a name like stirling having a go at him.i guess stirling has no life and derives pleasure out of bagging others. as they said tim , water off a ducks back .nothing wrong with 40 cm flatties. so dont worry about stirl the girl .just know who your mates are . hussy

MulletMan
11-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Part of the territory I reckon!
I had some dropkick PM me that I should stop giving advice on marine radios, how to use them etc.
Most guys who PM you don't have the guts to do it up front and personal as a reply to the topic for all to see.

Jewmaster
11-05-2006, 08:42 AM
The site has moderators for a reason, and the moderators are the only people you need to take feedback from in regard to what you post. If you have done something wrong they will let you know.

Hoges
11-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Stick around Tim!
Pity Shirley didn't have the guts to actually post his thoughts in the actual forum.
Although I don't believe in posting the contents of Private Messages (PMs) this is one instance I feel you were entitled to do so. ;)

Canoedle
11-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Shirley the shirtlifter.

TOL, that's gold ;D

Good onya Timbo, hope to see many more of your 'filth' posts if that is what you call encouraging other fishos when they post their catch, geez i must be a candidate for this sort of abuse also. Shirley probly just needs a big cuddle to sort her out, she's obviously having a bad wig day or something.
Go for GOLD ;D

TIM-DONSELAAR
11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
thanks for the positive comments guys #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Stirling did not send that to me as a PM,i found it here
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1147166199/15

it seems everyone on here thinks my posts are a good contribution so i wont be leaving ausfish any time soon #:D :D :D

cheers tim #:)

finding_time
11-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Tim you have been evicted you have 10 seconds to leave ausfish!!!!!

Hhahahahahahahahahahahahah
just joking you can stay ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I like flathead stories ;)

Ian

finding_time
11-05-2006, 11:43 AM
don't let them get to you!!

rough_shag
11-05-2006, 11:56 AM
If you spend your life worrying about what any and every A'hole says about you,to your face and behind your back,well you are gunna die young!!.If someone doesn't have something constructive(positive) to say then there is no worth in it and you should ignore it as the mindless rantings of a sad and gutless wa#ker.
You have just as much right as anyone here to contribute in whatever way you want mate - grow a thicker skin and have a good laugh-works for me!.
Cheers!Jace.

snappa
11-05-2006, 12:14 PM
tim stay

just a few more words.... :P

bugga ..i have turned into two *ucks...... :D

Dominator
11-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Tim, i have been a member on this site for a long time and enjoy reading fishing posts no matter what the type or size of fish have been caught. ;)

This guy is what i would call a w@nker with some king of issues. :P

Keep posting mate. ;)

Cheers,

Dom

manchild
11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
How dare you positively comment on peoples effort? ;D ;D ;D
as for mister stirling just go away even better go make love to yourself if ya know what i mean
cheers

george

MIKOS
11-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Tim,

Just sound like another tosser hiding behind his mirror who lacks credability and social skills ;D ;D ;D.

Igore them and they will go away.

FACT Wanks like this never go far in life.

Congrats on the #40CM flatty They taste the best at this size.

Mike ;)

BrandonH
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Good to see you staying Tim :) I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the joy you show with your catches and your Wifes catches too!!!! Also taking pics of your new outfits i think is great!! It shows you really injoying what your doing. I think thats what counts :)

Cheers
Brandon..

Floyd2006
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
NO you shouldn't

Hi Tim, keep doing what you do man, its not offensive to anyone #8-) #unlike the other fellas post which I found to be highly offensive >:( >:( #
BTW I enjoy reading your reports #:)

Floyd

richieboy
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Stirling Mortlock????? :-/ :-/ :-/
Oh,,,,,,,,,,I know Stirling. The guy that plays for the wallabies. Good to see he fishes too......... ;D ;D ;D What do they catch in Canberra.
Nice name mate.

Tim,
No worries mate. I'm only new to the site myself and seeing this stuff go on does cast a bit of a shadow on this site. I'd looked at the site for more than a month before joining and noticed some of this other rubbish go on. The bottom line is that everyone has an opinion but in order to maintain a postive atmosphere you should only make posotive remarks. To attack someone personally and publically is a joke and shows the character of the person doing the attacking. You're not much if you're having a go over the web are ya?? :-?

PS: No offence Stirling. I love my rugby too!!!! ;)

fishn-ads
11-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Tim,

Just do what the real Stirling would do and SIDE STEP HIM!!

Go throw a "line out" and catch a snodger.

Ads

choppa
11-05-2006, 04:54 PM
hi there tim,,,,, i also saw this post yesterday,,, not knowing what was going on just totally ignored it,,,, i was also subject to an idiot not so long back who thought it was funny answering my emails etc etc,,, (hope he found a new job okay),,, what this bloke is trying to prove is beyond me?????

if ya do decide to go though,, can ya make it next month some time,, i'm a bit booked out this month and may not be able to attend any farewell drinks,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

revs57
11-05-2006, 05:00 PM
You're a crack up choppa....And love finding time's response...good on ya Ian...

seabug
11-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Stick around Tim. :) :) :)

Your PM sender seems so insecure he/she should seek help :-[ :-[ :-[

And what is wrong with 40cm flatties.

Most people fishing Port Phillip Bay would be glad to get them that big.

Regards
Seabug

ibbo
11-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Dont worry about it Tim your just the unlucky one he/she singled out

Just a new (or maybe old) member going for the record of quickest red card i think

Seen his/her profile had 19 posts in 2 days

Keep your chin up

When are we going flatty fishing? ;)

roz
11-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Take no notice Tim,

I am just wondering if Stirling hasn't been here before........

Nothing more ex than an ex

charleville
11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
If you spend your life worrying about what any and every A'hole says about you,to your face and behind your back,well you are gunna die young!!.

Could not agree more. I have have found throughout my life that the sooner that you learn to ignore negative comments, the better you will feel and function. #My own saying to combat such criticism is, "Well that is your psychological problem, not mine!" # I have always found that a touch of personal arrogance is useful to combat the criticisms of other insecure boofheads.

As a frequent recipient of your nice words of encouragement to my own form of quirky and verbose fishing reports, I have to say that I am very appreciative of your comments. #Indeed, if I did not elicit such nice comments regularly from people like you, Chief, 2IAR, Biff etc, I would not be bothered going to the trouble of trying to think of some creative way of reporting catching sometimes just one fish at a location. #Notwithstanding that I do write a lot of waffle sometimes, I think that the Ausfish community loses something if contributors are not encouraged to report even their bad days at a locale. #Isn't that how we all know that until this week, the previous two or three weeks had been slow around most of the islands in the Bay? #Is that not information worth having?

So, keep up your participation on Ausfish please Tim. #Your participation is valued by so many of us. #:) :) :)

webby
11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Sounds like one of the BANNED coming back under a different name and doing some stirling ;D, saw that same photo on the other site.
Its a pity those with brain damage have to keep their little war going.
Theirs a few on here that always give short burst to posts, so what.
regards

mod6
11-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Stirling who ?

Oh, That ex Ausfish member ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would like to thank those who have contributed here to Tim's dilema.

Just a couple of things :-

Try not to " quote " a post from a " about to be banned " member, it just gives them ammo.

I don't believe in or condone posting " PM's " on the public forum.

Even though some of you get cranky ( passionate ) at this type of thing, keep your comments within the Ausfish rules........this is directed at swearing basically. Remembering, this is a Public Forum and open to all genders and ages.

Thanks

wayne_cook
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
tim your short responses proves to me u read a lot of posts.Obviously u enjoy the read as I do.
A quick comment is often encouragement for more posts.
Please keep it up.
fellow ausfisher

longtail
11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
right i got it now stirling=ex member morty ;)

don't worry about this idiot tim #;)

if you were breaking the rules it wouldn't have been him getting banned #:D

no need to go anywhere mate , your positive comments are valued ;)

cheers
jason

Junglebunny
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Dear All,
Firsty like to say this will be my only post, i feel that is all it will take.

Firstly...Roz

What have you done for this website besides help good honest members get banned...
People whom put in positive input and in just, caught "Squillions" more fish than you have ever laid your eyes upon.
Maybe the ramifactions state that you have some sort of connection with someone involved within this organistation that lets you get away with such ludacris, corrupt and sneaky behaviour.

This site has taken such a down turn, especially when i look at the post regarding the 'Infamous' MOD 6, saying to keep your words away from that of the defammatory manner......this site does not allow any sort of freedom of speech, it just allows people ot be sheep and compliment eachother all day.

AM I THE ONLY RED BLOODED AUSTRALIAN THAT THINKS THIS IS WRONG [quote, that of thy famous 'John Laws']

We are fisherman, not a bunch of rule abiding pen pushers that work in level 30, riverside buliding on eagle street.

I feel more will change within this site in regards to its members, people seeking the change for freedom of speech and able to release what they feel and be riddiculed, and riddicule BACK, in not only 'Honour' for themselves but those who read the posts.

"I may not agree with what your saying, but i will defend to the death, for you right to say it..."

I say no more, i feel the leaving quote sums up how i and others feel strongly about the administration of this website.

Regards

manangatang
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
some of these wanks started up another pathetic fish chat site,real lame i had a look all these sooks complaining bout ausfish '

Junglebunny
11-05-2006, 07:51 PM
good on ya MANGATANG

ya sound like a flipping ORANGATANG, you stupid hick of a primeape ;D

Dear All,
Firsty like to say this will be my only post, i feel that is all it will take.

Firstly...Roz

What have you done for this website besides help good honest members get banned...
People whom put in positive input and in just, caught "Squillions" more fish than you have ever laid your eyes upon.
Maybe the ramifactions state that you have some sort of connection with someone involved within this organistation that lets you get away with such ludacris, corrupt and sneaky behaviour.

This site has taken such a down turn, especially when i look at the post regarding the 'Infamous' MOD 6, saying to keep your words away from that of the defammatory manner......this site does not allow any sort of freedom of speech, it just allows people ot be sheep and compliment eachother all day.

AM I THE ONLY RED BLOODED AUSTRALIAN THAT THINKS THIS IS WRONG [quote, that of thy famous 'John Laws']

We are fisherman, not a bunch of rule abiding pen pushers that work in level 30, riverside buliding on eagle street.

I feel more will change within this site in regards to its members, people seeking the change for freedom of speech and able to release what they feel and be riddiculed, and riddicule BACK, in not only 'Honour' for themselves but those who read the posts.

"I may not agree with what your saying, but i will defend to the death, for you right to say it..."

I say no more, i feel the leaving quote sums up how i and others feel strongly about the administration of this website.

Regards

Burley_Boy
11-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Now this thread started with all good intent and I've just read the lot.
Lets just get one thing straight, this site is one where plenty of guys get out behind their little avatar and actually meet each other and we're talking plenty of people. This does mean that we meet people of different opinions and life skills and backgrounds, this I find quite upbuilding and great fun.
The gutless wonders who throw out tosser remarks that they can't back up, they will get zip support and eventually give up.
I've gotten crap PM's too but they don't take away the great mates I've gained both with current members and past members. And I've been around enough to have plenty of respect for both.

Tim don't worry about the dorks that won't last, get to know the real people behind the avatars.

As for the last couple of posts... :-X
What can I say.
Get off the friggin personal insults and lets get back to fishing.

There are plenty of fantastic people on both this site and other sites to go around that you can ignore ignorant dorks that appear on the web. Most of those dorks are not long term people worthy of much of your time in the first place so don't try to cheapen either this site or any other by judging those public sites by the fools.

I've had a few beers but the last few posts got my goat up, those who know me will still respect me in the morning, those who don't can come for a fish or get knotted. ;)