PDA

View Full Version : I'm off

bugman
10-05-2006, 09:59 AM
No song and dance,

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is my last week of work in Queensland. I've quit the ABC and am moving to Hobart to run supermarkets. :roll:

As most of my current working day is spent with a browser opened to this site I won't be making as many contirbutions as I have in the past . If Tassie has broadband connections (he he) I'll get on line in June/July and become a southern crayfish and trout correspondent.

I'll be keeping an eye on you so don't catch all the bloody fish while I'm away for the next untold years.

Brett

fish2eat
10-05-2006, 10:06 AM
ooooohhhhhh Brett, how thick is that wetsuit?? we are going to miss you and you are going to miss Qld water temperatures.

Anyway, enjoy the crays.

Stu

blaze
10-05-2006, 10:21 AM
bloody hell brett you gonna have to bring the thermals with ya, hobarts colder than the west coast
have to catch up
cheers
blaze

straddie
10-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Good ridance to ya I say, always interjecting in petty squabbles and confusing the issues with facts and common sense :-? spoiling all the fun ;D

"If Tassie has broadband connections...." Ah is that where ya use rope instead of string between the two cans? :P

Try not to damage the tassie cray fishery too much.

revs57
10-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Don't know why anyone would want to move from the sunny north to Tassie Brett...oh well, I suppose someone has to keep blaze company...

The crays down there are delicious too...i guess there are is always a silver lining to every cloud

all the best

rhys

MulletMan
10-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Just remember that everybody down there has the same surname!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Lone_Wolf
10-05-2006, 11:43 AM
"If Tassie has broadband connections...." Ah is that where ya use rope instead of string between the two cans?

LOL, can't wait til Blaze get's hold of this thread.

All the best Brett, I hope the new venture goes well.

So what happens to Ymer when you go?

Argle
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
I was going to ask the same question, lotsa fuel to drive Ymer down there every weekend :o :o Good luck all the same its a lovely spot although a little too cool for my liking.

Cheers and beers
Scott

Hookem_Herby
10-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Brett,
Was wondering how long it would take. ::)
Good luck with the supermarkets mate, I'm sure you and Leanne will enjoy the change of scenery. What about Ymer, not taking the boat? :'(
The Ausfish family will miss you.

All the best,
Herby

MrWong
10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Best of luck Bugman
Will be watching on here and Diveoz to see where your travels lead
Cheers
Norm n Scubacrazy

JewseeTHAT
10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Any truth to the rumour QLD ABC is now on the prowl for their next token hetero?

agnes_jack
10-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Good luck to you and Leanne Brett!!
I am sure we will still get some good reports off you on the crays and all those piddly little things they call fish down there!! Your challenge is to get a bigger trout than we get in queensland ;)
Have an apple or two for us when you get down there mate!!

Regards, Tony and Sandi :D

thedeckie
10-05-2006, 03:31 PM
All the best to you and Leanne in your new venture,hope all turns out for the best.

Looks like you will have to work for a living now,it must be hard having to come out of semi retirement from the ABC!!

All the best,take care.

Cheers
Paul

Reefmaster
10-05-2006, 06:43 PM
That must have been a real gutsy move mate but I'm sure you have your reasons and have made the right choice. Pitty we didn't have a fish togethor but I'm sure you will be back many times for holidays so i reckon a Red trip will be on the cards. ;)

Good luck to you and Leanne and thanks for the regular contirbutions you have made over the years.

Kind Regards,

Greg

robersl
10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Just remember that everybody down there has the same surname!! #;) ;) ;) ;)
panther er no sorry thats tiger lol

Burley_Boy
10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah good luck Brett.
But I just don't understand this moving south business, but I'm a simple man.

Didn't know they had supermarkets down there either, the next thing you say will be that they're getting a Bunnings!

Lucky_Phill
10-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Will call you prior to departure Bugmiester.

Are the ' birds ' going with you ?

I am sure Ymer will be well looked after and put some decent fish over the transom. ::)

I know you and Leanne will be returning for ' quickie ' trips and will no doubt catch up then. But for now.......it's been a pleasure !

Just to let the ferets in on it a bit, I remember you and Leanne in the old days off the sunny coast catching Grinner from Pochontas ( spelling ). ::) :-X ;D ;)

Been a great transformation !!!!!!!!!

Cheers Phill

( and I'm sure Brooke will be passing on a hug to her Uncle Brett ) ;)

webby
10-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Now i'll have another place to stay next trip south and cheap food.
Might see ya in a couple of months, invited down for a Taste of Winter :-?
Say Hi to Barry
regards

choppa
10-05-2006, 09:55 PM
all the best for the future mate,,,, i'm sure you'll keep us well informed on fishing along with catching up with roz,,,

do me a favour if ya flyin down,,, can ya check on me car at the airport,,, i keep it in bay 13,,,cant miss it,, just look for the rod holders,,, hang on i'll post ya a pic,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thanks mate,,,,,,,,,choppa

Owen
10-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Just remember that everybody down there has the same surname!! #;) ;) ;) ;)

That's not true!
I once met a Tassie Girl named Jones-Jones

She decided to keep her maiden name ;)

Good luck Brett

cheers,
Owen

bugman
11-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Some of you guys are funny - but not many ;)

I'll be up a few times a year to check up on you and maybe catch up for a fish or two.

Ymer will be staying put with Brooksy putting her to good use. I'll be waiting for his phonecall to say the marlin are on and I'll be getting the next available flight.

Brett

Sportfish_5
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Ymer will be staying put with Brooksy putting her to good use. I'll be waiting for his phonecall to say the marlin are on and I'll be getting the next available flight.
Brett

I hope for your sake he doesnt loose your number ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good luck ;)