View Full Version : Guess what this is?

MulletMan
10-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Coming to a place near you!

hogesTS
10-05-2006, 05:23 PM
bloody cops! that would be a speed camera in a wheelie bin >:(

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/jpg/bin/fotobak2.jpg

what are they going to try next to get more revenue out of the motorists of australia! the money it will cost to implement this would be far better spent on upgrading roads and driver education, two things that actually save lives!!
although i spose if you dont see any other wheelie bins out then it would be safe to assume that there is a camera in the lone bin on the roadside.

Blackened
10-05-2006, 05:24 PM
G'day
Movie camera?
Dave

Nathanrb4
10-05-2006, 05:25 PM
speed camera?

Blackened
10-05-2006, 05:25 PM
G'day
Damn hoges you're right!!!!! ahah i've seen this thing before on the net. Apparently in victoria?
Dave

agnes_jack
10-05-2006, 05:32 PM
I bet a few of those get accidently bowled over ;D ;D ;D

(accidently of course)

Regards, Tony 8-)

iank
10-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Good place to dump those 2 day old crab shells and prawn heads. ;D ;D ;D
Cheers Ian

insideout
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
i have heard that the cops dont operate these things, but private contractors do.........

rando
10-05-2006, 06:58 PM
In Qld arent speed camera required to be" in plain view" and clearly marked with a sign saying speed camera in use.
I doubt that this constitutes plain view and would be contestable.

Feral
10-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Dont speed and you wont have a problem.

Gbanger
10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeh in WA they are the business of private contractors, they remove one of the headlights from particular vehicles and mount the equipment in there, nearly undetectable. We should count ourselves lucky in QLD

CHRIS_aka_GWH
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
yeah what's the problem?

I would equally have no problem with cops cleverly hiding microchips in #mudcrabs to catch crab pot theives ....

that's right they do that ...

& apparently a lot of folk here thought that was ok # ::)

slow down it makes us Landy Men feel adequate #;)

ps would make a great "stump-cam" for a game of street cricket :)

finga64
10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
I'd love to own a garbage truck sometimes ;)

hogesTS
10-05-2006, 07:47 PM
In Qld arent speed camera required to be" in plain view" and clearly marked with a sign saying speed camera in use.
I doubt that this constitutes plain view and would be contestable.

I think the term "in plain view" is used fairly loosely when it comes to speed cameras, have a look at this picture taken coming back from Rockie last year, the cops reverse into the long grass on the roadside so they are almost totally sorrounded. They also like to reverse up behind the sound barrier fences in the new 3 lane bit just north of Brissie too.
I agree though, if you dont speed then you have nothing to worry about, i learnt my lesson after the 5th time ::)

shaman
10-05-2006, 09:27 PM
A guy that worked for me a while back recieved a speed camera ticket and the photo was taken from a vehicle that was plainly parked behind a bus shelter (just outside Ipswich). This guy was a habitual speed offender and i felt absolutely no pity for his situation. However, before he actually had paid the offence he recieved a notice informing him that the charge had been dropped and to disregard the ticket. My guess was that someone had obviously complained about the positioning of the camera/vehicle and they cancelled all related tickets. Anyway I am very dilligent regarding my speed (1 speeding offence in over 20 years) and am proud of my record. Billy

land_based
11-05-2006, 12:31 AM
They also like to reverse up behind the sound barrier fences in the new 3 lane bit just north of Brissie too.
I know exactly the spot you mean, about 1k before nerangba turn off, mongrel of a spot, but they are there atleast 4-5 times a week.

el_carpo
11-05-2006, 02:22 AM
;D For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction .......sort of ;)..... ;D I don't think this is what Newton meant by that but anyway, here's something interesting.

http://phantomplate.com/photoblocker.html

I don't use it and am not suggesting that anyone try it but now you know it exists.

On the other hand.....don't speed. You could have an accident and kill or hurt somebody............or get a real ticket from a real policeman! ;D

maztez
11-05-2006, 08:26 AM
The answer is simple if you dont speed you have nothing to worry about
cheers Terry ;D

MulletMan
11-05-2006, 08:35 AM
The best part of my posting this topic was that not one single reader was in favour of speeding!!
Great result! :D :D :D

Louis
12-05-2006, 09:59 AM
My personal opinions are that puting speed cameras in wheelie bins is going to far. #

In fact the level of man hours spent on Traffic enforcement these days is way too high considering that crime could now days #be considered to be "out of control".

We should however be careful to lay the blame at the feet of the right people, ie. #the governments across Australia who have been leading the charge rather than those who become the meat in the sandwich.

Louis

ibbo
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Dont speed and you wont have a problem.

Here here

Hoges
12-05-2006, 11:19 AM
G'day
Damn hoges you're right!!!!! ahah i've seen this thing before on the net. Apparently in victoria?
Dave

Just last week the Victorian police released publicly all locations of fixed and mobile speed cameras.
They figured seeing that the mobile car cameras are not always at every location the deterent factor of having people not knowing if they are there or not to be a better deterent to speeding motorists
Covert speed cameras are not allowed in Victoria!
Cheers
Hoges (Not to be confused with hogesTS) ;D