PDA

View Full Version : Beenleigh Barra farm

bugman
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Hello all,

What's the name of the fish farm in behind Beenleigh that has Barra.

Do they have a website - can't find it anywhere.

Brett

fish2eat
10-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Closeys Fly Fishing World
Location Cnr Halls Rd & Beaudesert Beenleigh Rd, Luscombe Qld, 4207
(UBD Map Ref: 304 E9) www.goldcoastactivities.com.au/fly_fishing_world.htm

bugman
10-05-2006, 10:23 AM
That's it - thanks for that - the southern cousins are going to head off there tomorrow.

Brett

ozkat
10-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Has anyone from here been there? i wouldnt mind taking my kids there if its worth going.

shadow
10-05-2006, 07:02 PM
There are two different farms outside of beenleigh . Closeys is the one where you can catch and release and the otherone farms them to eat.

Shadow

hogesTS
10-05-2006, 08:11 PM
slight hijacking: has anyone been to the Aussie fish farm near ski n skurf in Bli Bli? thought it might be worth checking out to test my new gear before heading north in july.

Gbanger
10-05-2006, 08:34 PM
yeh hoges, ive been there, was pretty fun... if you can try and take some livies for the big suckers

hussy
12-05-2006, 08:20 AM
i went a few years to grassys behind beenleigh great day

PAYNE
12-05-2006, 10:04 AM
If you have kids, they'll have a ball. I've been a couple of times and even though I prefer fishing for "wild" fish, you can still have a great time. The barra may not be on the ball at this time of year though.

http://www.closeysfishingworld.com.au/

Az
12-05-2006, 10:45 AM
yeh starting to get a little cold for them to be as active

FishHunta
12-05-2006, 11:46 AM
hogesTS,

I been to Bli-Bli more times than i should prob, as when ever work sends me up the coast it usually takes 'all afternoon' to sort it out. Aussiefishingpark is well stocked & can provide some good action on light gear. The water temp has a huge affect on the barra activity, so you would want to be gettin up for a try asap. Best times are late afternoon Oct-March. The big boys pond has 60cm - 109cm barra that will take pellets but at this time of year a livey would be a better shot to poss annoy them into a strike. Dont foget to chuck a spare rig into the largest dam opposite to the big boys pond as i have scored a nice 52cm Jack with my back turned.
Hope you get somethin' mate,
D.

shabss
12-05-2006, 03:38 PM
at this farm in bli bli is it "catch and release" or catch to keep if legal size and no.?

FishHunta
12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Bli-Bli is catch & release in big boys pond. U can buy a Barra that u have caught (only barra) up to 60cm for $18odd bucks a kg. weighed whole with guts, unless it's a novelty, cheaper to buy fillets direct from fisho.
It is saltwater ponds & i have eaten one that tasted pretty good, mind u it was for breaky after doing an ovaniter at the park, many beers, mind is foggy. keep in mind they are feed dog food type pellets & couldnt compare to a wild barra.
D.

turley
12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I've been to both farms. The bli bli farm most recently where we only managed the one barra but was a good 80cm on an unweighted whitebait. The pellets weren't getting hit so the guys at the front gave me a few whitebait to try and it did the trick!

Closeys always used to be fun but I stopped going then when they raised the price from $25 to about $50. Was great to get introduced to fly fishing the the sootie grunter can realy go off there.

Both were good fun but nothing like knowing a local area and catching your own fish regually! And they don't count on any tallys you might have going with the girlfriend....