PDA

View Full Version : Gday to all

Heno
04-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Been quietly learning on the side for a while and thought it time for an intro. Recently came into possesion of a mid 70's 4.3m quinny fishabout , fwd controls,???? model 35 hp johnno. Currently being gutted & prepped for new paint so beware the silly questions as it's my first boat. Will be fishing the waters around Townsville area.

blaze
04-05-2006, 08:51 PM
welcome to the site, may be best to post under the boatin section. Thats where us rebuild addicts hang out waiting and pleading for pics
cheers
blaze

mat_anderson04
04-05-2006, 10:35 PM
hi heno welcome to ausfish

maztez
05-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Welcome and gidday Heno know oull enjoy your time on AUSFISH...so many good people and a wealth of knowledge from all walks of life :) :)
ENJOY
cheers Terry

fez
05-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Mate Welcome aboard, enjoy the knowledge gained from this site, look forward to seeing some posts regarding the fishing around Townsville.

Enjoy,
Fez

2iar
05-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi Heno,

Welcome aboard mate, and don't be afraid to ask - I know I've learned heaps in my time here.

Good luck,
Mike

Argle
05-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Yep welcome aboard mate, bloody good site with a lot of info available. Dont be shy about asking questions or responding to others, it is a part of what makes this site so good.

Cheers and Beers
Scott

bidkev
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Welcome Heno. You can share your re-fit with us all in the boating section. I'm sure we'll enjoy it and you may pick up some tips from the others here doing re-fits.

kev

You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.

castamasta
05-05-2006, 05:20 PM
hi heno......welcome mate,this is a great site,good luck with the rebuild,cheers casta.

nick1971
05-05-2006, 08:34 PM
good to see another Townsvillian on the site, pretty soon we should be getting lots of good reports from this end. I also have learnt lots on this site and look forward to learning alot more. lots of knowledge in these here threads. so take your time have a good look and remember to ask ????

Nick.

catchy_fishy
06-05-2006, 04:52 AM
welcome tpo Ausfish Heno. I'll be interested to see how you get along - keen to learn myself about rebuilds - I welcome your advice along the way of how it goes.

Mike

flatstrap
06-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Welcome to Ausfish. Just recently joined the forum myself and the site is RICH with info and hard won experiences. Great place. I have learned heaps from the regular contributors.

My first boat was a Quintrex Premier (WOW! 12 ft 6 and 30hp) and loved it. You never forget your first love. Within 10 years I had moved along to the first flybridge 23' Sharkcat in NSW. I could launch that boat solo. Along the way I too experienced the bumps and bruises and the extreme joys of boating.

My most memorable moment... standing on the bowsprit of my boat, looking at the magnificent Coral Sea 75kms offshore, with just the tip of the last offshore island visible, and noticing the actual curve of the horizon in a 360 deg view. The catch of red emperor helped too.

Enjoy this very interesting thing called boating.

flatstrap

kingcobe
06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the site heno. It is such a great site I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Jay Jay

fastmantis
12-05-2006, 08:19 PM
hi heno,
welcome and good luck with the boat mate

Happy fishing
Mantis

bushbeachboy
14-05-2006, 09:01 AM
G'day Heno,
Welcome to Ausfish fellow northerner. That boat should be perfect for fishing around Townsville. You'll be able to cover lots of territory with it, and there's lots of territory to cover. Everything from Hinchinbrook to the Burdekin is within about 1.5hrs driving time, taking it steady. And welcome to the addiction. As a wise man once said: "May your tackle cupboard be full to overflowing and your lines always tight."
Cheers
Craig

onerabbit
14-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Welcome Heno,
Great to see another boating fanatic in the making,

Muzz

major-defect
15-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Welcome mate good to see another northerner.