PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, thank you, ausfish members

bonka
16-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I have to write to say a big thank you to all those who passed info on to me in reply to my many questions. Joining ausfish has been the best move I've made since buying my boat and not knowing anything about fishing around here on the Goldie...or anywhere else for that matter. Except I might say,Trout fishing in NZ into which I was born and most likely made during one of my old man's many mid winter camping trips some 62 years ago!

To any other new members I have to respecfully say, don't be afraid to ask questions. There are some hard case guys here but their generosity in passing on knowledge and helpful suggestions is just fantastic. Wouldn't I love to get day out with some of them.

I can now go outside solo and get beaten harshly by shitty weather and lack of fish but with the knowledge I'm as fairly well prepared as I could expect thanks to this help. Now just need to put into practice that stuff I've learnt.

Sincerely guys,

Brent
[smiley=dankk2.gif]

bidkev
16-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Nice post Brent. Keep your eyes on the going fishing section for meet 'n greets and you'll get to meet some great blokes..........and gals.

kev

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

fishenmick
16-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Well said Bonka,

I am also a newbie to the site, but find it an invaluable source of info (and humour). I am a Townsville lad (not born there but been there a while) and I can catch Barra and Jacks in Townsville. I am now in Brisbane and have noo idea how to fish in Moreton Bay. This knowledge and friends gained from this site will help me change that.

Good luck with the fishing Bonka,

Mick