PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Not a post counter but

blaze
15-05-2006, 07:28 PM

Average post per day 1.8 or something like that
Notice the other day when I was doing a search for member "Kerry" to see if He was still about (waiting for you to post again kerry, you have good info to share) that my post count was getting close to a milestone for want of a better word.
There is really some great people on this site (my only wish was they were closer), I have met a few when I ventured to 1770 M&G 2005 and couldnt have been made more welcome (slim chance for me this year, can only hope at this stage).
Lots of things have been learnt and I really need to get out and fish more because believe me I have been reading most post (sad really).
My thanks go to Steve and the mods, you guys do one hell of a job, never is it possible to please every one but the majority must be happy because the site still grows and has some good advertiers who help support it (support the advertisers).
I am a real fan of the boating section (the rebuilts are classic), but I also look at the fish you guys catch, hi and lows of trips etc.
Would I move to queensland - NO , but you can bet your last dollar that I will be back as often as possible.
To be honest, cant think of any thing that I dont perticularly even dislike about Ausfish.
To Steve, Mods and members
Take your hats off and have a bowe u deserve it
cheers
blaze

choppa
15-05-2006, 07:48 PM
well done blaze,,,, you've summed it up nicely.......30th december 2001 at 10.30 pm you were born,,
i bet you must have a few secrets to share around by now,,,, #;D ;D ;D

hope your still around in 3000 more,,, (hope i am too i spose,, the old legs a playing up a bit though,, and the,,,,,,stop it choppa

congrats all round,,,,,,choppa & chop jr

Hardrigger
15-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Congrats mate, 3000 thats huge
just a bronzy myself at the moment but with time that will change. Ive got so much respect for the gold and platinum members it just shows what deticated fishos you guys are. Congrtas again mate

Cheers Scotty
Do yourself a favour mate and move to QLD

Lucky_Phill
15-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Although the post count was taken away from our Names / Avatar for good reason. #It is always amazing to have a look at this sort of thing.

Kingtin is the most prolific poster with about 4/ day. #You need to get out fishing more, Kev.

So as a matter of interest #ONLY. #Do not read anything into this.

1. # Lucky_Phill..........Aug 01.........3778

2. # Jaybee...............Sep 01..........3327

3. # blaze.................Dec 01..........3001

4. # kingtin..............Mar 04.............2930

5. # #agnes_jack.....Oct 03..............2925

6. # # Fitzy..............Aug 01..............2880

7. # # jeffo...............Oct 03...............2503

8. Reel Hard.....Aug 02...............2367

9. # bugman........Apr 02 ................2249

10 # snappa...............................1985

Yes Brett, even though you ( used ) to spend 8 hrs a day trolling the Ausfish boards, you've scraped in..... ;) #;D

There are NO fish here in Qld, Blaze, so you may as well stay in Tassie #;) :P ::) # ;D

Oct M & G..........Agnes Water.... # Guess what is on the menu for the first nights mini M & G ? #:-X :-X # # ;) ::) ::)

Cheers # Phill

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
15-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Good on ya Blaze!!

Cheers

Dave

DaneCross
15-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Phill, how do you find those stats??

dfox
15-05-2006, 08:51 PM
At members on top of the page dane..

wayne_cook
15-05-2006, 09:14 PM
nice post blaze and cograts on ur post count

2DKnBJ
15-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Congrats Blaze

Will take me years to get to 3000.

Like you say this is a top site and in the time i have been here i have learnt heaps about fishing and all associated things.

Cheers Dazza

-spiro-
15-05-2006, 10:54 PM
well done Blaze ;D here's to another 3000 post

catchy_fishy
16-05-2006, 05:55 AM
Well done Blaze

More specifically thank you for the contributions you have made that I have learned so much from.

Good to have got to know you - in this strange cyber world.

Mike

Herm
16-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Congratulations Blaze on reaching 3000 posts! #I enjoy reading your informative posts!

Lucky Phil - It may be a silly question but - Why was the number of posts taken off the avatars?

Janine

:-[ Fixed my bad spelling mistake now - Sorry! #I was trying to come up with the right word and successed in totally stuffing it up! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

jimbamb
16-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Congratulations Blaze on reaching 3000 posts! #I enjoy reading your unformative posts!

Lucky Phil - It may be a silly question but - Why was the number of posts taken off the avatars?

Janine
UNformative
Hope that is a misprint janine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revs57
16-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Gotta say Blaze I've really appreciated your contributions since I've been on ausfish...no post whoring....just straight up reports, good and accurate info, and honest contributions to meaningful conversations with a bit of larrakinism thrown in for good measure...looking forward to 3000 more...hope ya fingers don't get tired ;D ;D ;D

cheers

rhys

bidkev
16-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Just as Rhys said Blaze.......only he says it so much better than me ;D

Appreciate your posts mate and in particular your encouragement to others. Here's to another 3000.

kev

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, they will never cease to be amused.

bidkev
16-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Blaze on reaching 3000 posts! I enjoy reading your unformative posts!

Janine

Butting in Phil ;D

Janine, I think it was because some of the membership thought that others were using it as 'status" to "enforce" their opinions. A lever, if you will to impress that they were more valid than someone with less posts. Never saw it that way myself but removal dispels any doubt and prevents any further "mud slinging".

You can still view the numbers of posts in the member's personal details.

kev

Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter.

gone_phishin
16-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Top stuff Blaze and congratulations to ALL those who post here. In almost every case it is a real pleasure to read and digest the information being passed on.

Keep up the good work all, and long live the good ship Ausfish and all who write within her. :)

Geoff

bidkev
16-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Although the post count was taken away from our Names / Avatar for good reason. It is always amazing to have a look at this sort of thing.

Kingtin is the most prolific poster with about 4/ day. You need to get out fishing more, Kev.

<snip>
Cheers Phill

Agreed Phil, but the deckie's shifts, weather, kid's sport commitments etc often prevent that, hence Ausfish becomes my next best fix ;D

Bloody good fix it is too....well done to all for making this the premier site and if nothing else, one which I have no fear of letting my kids frequent, which can't be said for many other sites on the net

kev

Boredom is a sign of unused potential.

Sportfish_5
16-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Why was my post removed ? - It broke no rules ::) :-?

Gorilla_in_Manila
16-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Kingtin is the most prolific poster with about 4/ day. #You need to get out fishing more, Kev.

Cheers # Phill

G'Day Blaze, 3000 great contributions to the site. Good on ya.

Phil,

I think Kev's 4 a day is about to go up. He's replied 3 times to this thread already.
;D ;D ;D
Onya Kev! ;) :D

Tinn
16-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Well done Blaze we all look up to you ::) ::)

bidkev
16-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Kingtin is the most prolific poster with about 4/ day. You need to get out fishing more, Kev.

Cheers Phill

Phil,

I think Kev's 4 a day is about to go up. He's replied 3 times to this thread already.
;D ;D ;D

Have I? ::) Now that's 4 ;D Stop encouraging me ;) ;D

kev

Changing one thing for the better is worth more than proving a thousand things are wrong and not putting them right.

Burley_Boy
16-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah. congrats Blaze. :)

catchy_fishy
18-05-2006, 06:18 AM

Cheers # Phill

Phil,

;D ;D ;D

Have I? ::) Now that's 4 #;D Stop encouraging me #;) ;D

kev

Changing one thing for the better is worth more than proving a thousand things are wrong and not putting them right.

Blaze this is your post, and Kev is hijcacking it, but hey.

Kev must be trying hard to catch up given the few off days. Good to have you back Kev ;)

Mike

2iar
18-05-2006, 03:19 PM

Janine

Butting in Phil ;D

Janine, I think it was because some of the membership thought that others were using it as 'status" to "enforce" their opinions. A lever, if you will to impress that they were more valid than someone with less posts. Never saw it that way myself but removal dispels any doubt and prevents any further "mud slinging".

Butting in myself - sorry.

Not really the way I saw it either. A slightly different take on it is that certainly in my case, due to the amount of dumb questions I've had to ask, it's more an indication of limited knowledge rather than a vast extent of it :-[

Congrats Blaze, BTW.

Good luck,
Mike

roz
18-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Onya Blaze! ;)

Love reading your contributions, and look forward to reading another 3000 or so.

Most of all I would definately be looking forward to going fishing with you again.... your turn to cach the flattie this time.

Roz.