PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Reports, Magazines etc...

kirin
16-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Being new to South East Queensland, I am still getting to know all the different fishing info (other than Ausfish) places.

What fishing publications and radio reports do members read and listen to????

Have listened to 4BC but wondering if anything better.

fastmantis
16-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Gday mate welcome to SEQ,
mate don't really listen to the radio for info but here is a great place and would also recommend queensland fishing monthly is a good mag for some info and a read. Good luck mate

Mantis

charleville
16-05-2006, 05:49 PM
I subscribe to, or buy, a number fishing magazines. #As Fastmantis says, Queensland Fishing Monthly is one good magazine but it tends to have a Queensland wide spread of articles. #Bush and Beach has a more SE Qld focus and would be my first recommendation. It is also the cheapest such magazine, I think.

The glossy mags like Modern Fishing, Fishing World etc are good to read on an aeroplane but tend to be of the escapist genre and sometimes contain a story from each state whereas the best local SE Qld info is to be found in Bush & Beach with QFM in second place in my view.

Nugget's Saturday and Sunday two hour shows on 4BC are as good as I have heard. #Lots of advertorial stuff - after all it is commercial radio - but Nugget is a classy fisherman and there is lots to learn in between all of the promos.

There are some fishing segments on the late Saturday afternoon TV shows on Channel 7 but once again, they tend to be escapist stuff more so than good sources of information.

Best wishes...

Argle
17-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Bush n Beach good local content and a lot of the writers are Ausfish members (and therefore top blokes ;D) They are also a big supporter of this site :)

Cheers and Beers
Scott (Bush n Beach subscriber :))

David_P
17-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm a Qld Fishing Monthly subscriber, it has a good mix of articles. I still buy B&B sometimes though, when I see an article of interest.

Fishin_Dan
19-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Bush & Beach for me... I subscribe to it, and buy QFM whenever I'm in a newsagent...

Your other option is to join a fishing club. That way you get the reports, and the help, and friends, and deckies ;)

gropeher
19-05-2006, 10:43 PM
B&B for local info mate, however QFM cant hurt if your looking for info to learn matey etc..

Ryan.

kirin
20-05-2006, 07:35 AM
THanks guys. Have picked up both QFM and B&B.

kingcobe
20-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Nuggets fish chat is pretty good and it makes it even better that he is a member to this website.

Jay Jay

manchild
20-05-2006, 07:39 PM
b&b altough there is not much about in it bush and beach fishing ,more like info for boaties :P

cheers
George

ps:just in case :its a hidden suggestion for above mentioned members