PDA

View Full Version : Fowl gut

Mighty_Quin
18-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Now that Forest Glen chook factory has closed does anyone know where fresh fowl gut can be obtained on the Sunshie Coast. Needing heaps soon.

fastmantis
18-05-2006, 09:38 PM
No idea mate know a few people with a fowl gut though ;D ;D ;D ;D
Good luck

land_based
18-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Whats wrong with 'fisho'?

Touchy - R.I.P.
19-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Could be worth the trip if you cant get anywhere closer than Sunnie Coast the Golden Cockeral at Mt Cotton will sell you a twenty lit drum(bring your own) for about $10 bucks, Mon to Fri mornings. Getting some next week for myself, great fun sorting/packaging it eh.! ::) :PCheers Touchy. ><>

thedeckie
19-05-2006, 07:43 AM
MQ,
Although not on the sunshine coast,try inghams chicken plant at Mt.Cotton,on Mt.Cotton Rd.
I purchased a twenty litre bucket there for last winters bream assault,still have heaps of it left,little bit of work involved cleaning the rubbish out of it but for $3.50 for 20 litres its not much of a problem.
From memory I think we ended up with about 40 good sized bags.
The bags used were those glad zip lock type ones.
Have a look through the phone book and see if there's a chicken processing plant on the sunny coast.

Cheers
Paul

thedeckie
19-05-2006, 07:46 AM
geez Touchy great minds think alike!!!

We must have been typing at the same time!

Yes,it is Golden Cockeral not Inghams.

Cheers

Paul

mcsalty
19-05-2006, 08:50 AM
chooks

Jewmaster
19-05-2006, 09:25 AM
What do you use chicken guts for.................Please tell me Im confused.

Az
19-05-2006, 10:01 AM
I would assume bait ... for bream and others ;)

Archer
19-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Great bream bait...If you can get past the smell. :o :o

Lucky_Phill
19-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, you lot didn't help ;D ;D ;D

Not too sure Barry, you've tried the obvious I reckon. Yellow Pages?

Chook gut does not smell, Archer, WELL, not when it is straight from the chook chop shop. But JEEZ, after it has been frozen and then thawed, :o :o :o :o :o

Chook gut, as Touchy and Thedeckie know, is my fav Bream bait and beats all others hands down, particualry when it is fresh. I have known certain Ausfishers that will use it offshore for squire/ snapper and the like. :-X :-X :-X

If you eventually find a source, Barry, can you post it up on the boards.

Cheers Phill

charleville
19-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Chook gut, as Touchy and Thedeckie know, is my fav Bream bait and beats all others hands down,

Better than mullet gut?

Lucky_Phill
19-05-2006, 06:10 PM
ABSOUTLEY Charlie.

It has no acid in it, to make ya hands sting. Further, as it is fresh it has an oil, much like a moisterizer, that keeps ya hands soft. BUT, while using it, keep a bucket of cold fresh water beside you, ( maybe with some lemon juice in it ), to wash ya hands after every re-baiting.

Phill

Archer
19-05-2006, 06:18 PM
We found Vineager in the water helped a little to..Which i would imagine is a similar chemical reaction to the lemon juice.
Its great bait but geez i dont know i might be getting soft in my old age but cant come at using it anymore. SP's are so clean and fresh flesh baits whilst not as good dont stink as bad.
I am looking to crack the 2Kg mark on the winter Bream this season...Maybe i should suck it up and give it another go. :-/

Lucky_Phill
19-05-2006, 06:55 PM
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/

you would have thought this link would tell something ? ::) >:(

Jeez, I tried for 1/2 an hour of googling. nuffin !

Phill

charleville
19-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Hmmm. Never used it.

Nugget gave advice once to roll mullet gut in bran to reduce the yukkiness a bit and also because the bran acts as a bit of berley from the bait when it hit the water. I found this to be a most useful piece of advice. Should do the trick for fowl gut also, I suppose?

Also, I met Touchy at the tackle & Tinnie show and he suggested rolling the chook gut in the shelly type of 'sand' that might be found around Redcliffe as bream like crustaceans and the shelly stuff contributes to the sensation for them. Any other suggestions, please?

onerabbit
20-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Dirty stinkin' horrible Sh1t, but yes the bream love it, the local snapper trapper also uses big frozen blocks of the stuff in his traps, but thats still not enough to get me to use it, apart from the odd go , & then I promise myself I'll never do it again.

Muzz

Feral
21-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Oh you bunch of girlies, - chook gut stinks? chook gut feels slimely and yucky - I bet you blokes let your wife change all the nappies at home as well ;D ;D ;D

PinHead
21-05-2006, 06:35 AM
chook gut is the only bait to use for bream at night..as for the nappy changing..pass on that one thanks..tried it once..left that alone after that.