PDA

View Full Version : Pro Crabber Sets a New Standard!

MulletMan
21-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I was mucking about the Boat Passage in the Rous Channel yesterday when a Pro in his crabbing tinnie came across the "no planing - 6 knots speed limit" Maroon Banks at full chat!

Giving him a slow down hand signal (not smart) rewarded me with his doing a fast run close to my boat as he headed home across the banks yet again at high speed.

............ and the one day I didn't have my camera!

I got his number OK and after getting home rang the newly established B & F station at Toondah Harbour, surprise surprise - not manned on the weekends - "please leave a message".

It only takes one clown to brand all the Pros with a bad image!

Lone_Wolf
21-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I am sure you will be on the phone Monday PP!

boodo
21-05-2006, 10:33 AM
typical >:(

ibbo
21-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Wonder if he goes out everyday, we had the same thing happen to us in the same area friday arvo.

BIG tinny with 3 outboards.

Ibbo

Feral
21-05-2006, 04:05 PM
rewarded me with his doing a fast run close to my boat as he headed home across the banks yet again at high speed.

What! no snapper sinkers on board? could had tried your casting skills as he went by...... 8-)

seatime
21-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Wonder if he goes out everyday, we had the same thing happen to us in the same area friday arvo. #

BIG tinny with 3 outboards.

Ibbo

he might be a yank, they put 3 outboards on their boats, sometimes 3 different makes and models. :)

know a pro-crabber who works near there, he's been done twice in the no-planing zone. his attitude is; i'm a professional crabber, i'm just doing my job, i have to get out there and back everyday, it'll take me all day otherwise, f@#k em.
i know other pro's and they don't all have this attitude.

the 'professional' part of the term only really applies to their ability to sell the seafood they catch, not their ability to catch them. equipment and bag limits don't necessarily apply to them, but being able to sell their product sets them apart.

fastmantis
22-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Makes u angry that some people think they own the water. that kind of behaviour can really give u some curry when u r in a small tinny. >:(

flatstrap
22-05-2006, 10:53 AM
How come no one mentioned his nationality?

I just say this to emphasise the point that in the discussion about bad behaviour, nationality is NOT the issue. Bad behaviour is.

Fairness...flatstrap

Darryl
22-05-2006, 12:25 PM
You have more patience than me Pink Panther.

Darryl.

banshee
22-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Here's one for ya,yesterday morning pre dawn three local commercial line fishermen were patroling the Evans Head boat ramp on the rantan, two with homemade clubs stating they were going to sort the pricks out that slowed them up on the ramp the day before or for that matter any "amateur fishermen" that got in their way,they also stated to all preasent they would sort out any one that fished near them as well,considering that spotties should've been the fish people were chasing yesterday it would have made for an interesting day(if they would have decided to put to sea) because at Evans most of the spotties come from South Reef a patch of rock ten square yards in area that sits just below the surface,these clowns were none to impressed when my mates deckie asked them what sort of taxes they paid to own a piece of reef like that.