PDA

View Full Version : Done on Ebay

Feral
23-05-2006, 05:34 AM
Had a bit of a laugh on the weekend, "Grandad" came over for my sons birthday, and was looking a bit sad.

He is about to go off overseas on another of his jaunts. So he decided to get the maps upgraded in his Garmin GPS. (He had bought it off Ebay about 12 months ago from the USofA on Ebay.) When he took it in, Garmin told him it was registered as stolen, and refused to upgrade the maps. Luckily the orginal insurance company did not want it back, as the claim had been long paid out, and were satisfied he was not the thief, so he got to keep it. (I think it was more the freight and insurance to get it sent back to the good ol USofA myself)

He is p#ssed because he cant make a claim under Ebay's insurance because of time, he is also p#ssed because not long after he bought it he sent all the paperwork in to Garmin telling him he was the owner etc etc for waranty purposes, and they said nothing, he then made a warranty claim a little bit later on, they fixed it and said nothing.

When he politely pointed that out he found that apparently the only place Garmin register a unit is stolen is in the system that upgrades the maps. So now even though the insurance company does not want it back, Garmin still wont upgrade the maps!

At least I wont have to listen to his stories about the wonderful bargains he gets on Ebay for a while ;D

Jewmaster
23-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe he can purchase the upgraded model from ebay, possibly from the same seller.