PDA

View Full Version : Walk to Fraser Island????

dasher
22-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Ladies and gentlemen this could be possible if the current government decide to go ahead with the Mary River dam. Siltation and the growth of mangroves could conceivably close down the Great Sandy Straits. Personally I feel it is a smokescreen to hide all the deficiencies of the current gov., but should this lunatic decide to go ahead it would spell disaster for the entire Fraser Coast. I attended a meeting at Maryborough tonight and all is gloom and doom. The entire project has been clouded in secrecy and no information available. No evaluations of any sort have been undertaken but the gov have already aquired some of the property that will be effected.????? I suggest you all do a bit of research and find out what this will mean to our bay. Oh just as an afterthought, where is the EPA.???? You can have your Marine Parks if you shut up about the dam?????

Sorry for posting this on general but felt you all need to be aware.

Feral
23-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Cool, barge is way to expensive.

shayned
23-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Bloody hell I hope not its too bloody far too walk especially carrying the esky!!!

PinHead
23-05-2006, 04:34 PM
wanna buy a trolley shayned???

jimbamb
23-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Do you really think Rediculous statements like this are productive????
I dont think the building of a dam on very productive land is smart thinking.but to state it is going to silt up the straits is really stretchin it too far.
This type of scare tactics will only make people think there are loonys tryin to stop the dam and detract from the genuine people who are going to be affected.
Just my opinion...... wats yours?????

Commodore
23-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Dasher,
I have heard thru the grape vine that the dam talk is all a smoke screen diverting attention away from the more serious issues like heath and hospitals :-? >:(, although the SE QLD water needs some serious attention. I have been told that if that dam was to go ahead that 9km of the Bruce Hwy would be under water :-/???? I don’t think it will happen.
Chong

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Bump

damons33
23-05-2006, 10:32 PM
funny, how the gov can have water restrictions on the gold coast when they have a dam at 97% capasity, seems what needs to be done is some kind of aquaducting to link the current dams. thats how it is when "your/our" gov is as crook as a dog which ate snail bait.
maybe this is to much for a "westernised, first world country" government to pull off! which is all they seem to be capable of doing'

funny, romans could do it 2500years ago without oil or steam driven engines, maybe they didn't have so much beaurocratic red tape and legal ambiquity to play with as these fellas do'- thats rite, they are mostly all lawyers in government: good at arguing and hiding facts or manipulating them.
beatties wife has a phd in nursing- on her thessus on "florance nightingale"- never wipe an arse in her life or changed a kaphiter, but she's a ligitimate nurse- so it says on her diploma! yah gotta love shamocrasy' and the graft it brings those in the "family".
:D
what beatties professional back ground? whats the primeminsters? whats bill shortens back ground?
it stinks when democracy is "hijacked" by a profession, little wonder they hate guns in the publics hands or millitary back grounded people in australian politics, funny how cosgrove got on a $150/annum "board of directors" straight after "retirement".

maybe we'll see how the chinese do it this time, after busting a dam and wiping out a town-ohh, now they use reo'ed concrete(roman technology again) instead of the rammed earth job which has failed alot in afrika.

funny old world' with so many people with "new ideas"
:D
damon.ps. had a gutfull of thugs, con artists, fleas and louses