PDA

View Full Version : About tv program IFish

B00NY
21-05-2006, 01:19 PM
thank's to longtail i got the number if anyone else is interested its (02-665-9130) thats to get there free catologue

G'day ausfisher's i was just wondering if anyone was watching ifish yesterday there was an advert duering the show about a fishing takle shop that stated it would beat any price in Queensland and if they coundn't they would give it to you for free.As i didnt have a pen on hand and im on crutches at the moment i wasnt able to get there phone number for there free catalogue i know there in coffs harbour. Ive done lots of searches and was unable to find them and i didnt get there business name lol the pain killers kicked in well yesterday, any help would be great.

cheers to you all
B00NY

longtail
21-05-2006, 01:24 PM
boony , there called mo' tackle

here---->http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/nsw/northcoastnsw/coffsharbour/listing/fishing/10062744

cheers
jason

B00NY
21-05-2006, 01:46 PM
cheers toya jason muchly appreciated ;D

boony , there called mo' tackle

here---->http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/nsw/northcoastnsw/coffsharbour/listing/fishing/10062744

cheers
jason

Blackened
21-05-2006, 08:32 PM
G'day
hmmmm........ interesting business decision by this mob. Lets see how long they can last

Dave

wayne_cook
21-05-2006, 10:23 PM
there been around awhile they will see a few come and go before they go.

Sounds good for anyone after new gear

flatstrap
22-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Ah, business competition is alive and well! So long as the quality is there, the buyer has to be better off..I don't think they (########) would be total idiots to sell gear for less than they buy it for. Or maybe they are? I will stay tuned...flatstap

flatstrap
22-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Ah, business competition is alive and well! So long as the quality is there, the buyer has to be better off..I don't think they (########) would be total idiots to sell gear for less than they buy it for. Or maybe they are? I will stay tuned...flatstrap

agnes_jack
22-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Thats a pretty safe statement!!
The only time they would have to give an item away for free is if another shop was gunna give it to you for 1 cent!!! think about it ::)
Shows how gullible joe averidge can be, if they can make a marketing ploy out of a statement like that.

LOL....Tony ;D ;D ;D
I wonder if that includes freight???

Fishin_Dan
22-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Just to see if it works Tony, I will happily accept lots of tackle for free from you! ;D LOL

2iar
22-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I wonder if that includes freight???

Hi Tony,

I've never bought anything from them, but have their catalogue for reference. Freight is a flat $15.

Good luck,
Mike

black_sheep
22-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Been using MO (Mail Order) tackle for about 10-15yrs. Basically MO will beat any advertised price! You have to remember that they only have to beat it by $1 and as someone mentioned, freight is usually minimum $15.

If you are after one off items like terminal tackle (hooks, swivels, lure, line etc) I would just use your local store however, if you purchasing an expensive rod/reel/electronics or a heap of gear, use MO.

Every 6 to 12 months, I usually put in an order for myself but also my mates who fish regularly. We go through a few lures bass/barra/offshore fishing so usually put in an order of between $500 and $1000 for lures,line, hooks, trebles etc but will also use them for one off purchases like reels over $200. We usually save a further 10% minimum going through MO.

The great thing with MO is that if you put your order in a few weeks before your trip and they don't have a particular product in stock (like a favourite lure colour), they can usually get it in in time.

BASICALLY, DOESN'T HURT TO CALL OR EMAIL THEM FOR A PRICE.

gogecko
22-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Hmm, this is a really interesting offer. I smell an opportunity. Im not convinced that they could just beat any offer, unless its a one cent offer?

Do they have written terms for thier 'beat us and get it free offer'? People like the Mart that shall not be mentioned, and Anaconda have a written policy, with fine print. Their fine print says 'if a competitor beats our advertised price'.

Id like to see if MOs fine print says 'beat our catalogue/advertised price', or 'we have the right to a second quote, etc', or if (shame, shame) they havent got a written policy at all.

On a big ticket item, say over $1,000 it would be worth paying $70 to take them to small claims tribunal over a dispute. I might get that minn kota autopilot sooner than I thought.

Anybody got a copy of the fine print for MO?

Andrew

scuttlebutt
22-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes Mo`s has a bit of fine print that takes the glitter off. Don`t have a catologue with me, but from memory the offer doesn`t apply to 'run-out' items, or even items on special (not totally sure).

Anyway, I can remember reading it and coming away with the impression that their guarantee didn`t really mean anything, and was just to catch the eye of the average joe (like me).

That being said, they do have a big range at generally good prices.

cheers,

steve

Feral
22-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Suprised they dont have a decent web site!

grant6336
23-05-2006, 01:59 PM
In MO's new catalogue they hint about going online so maybe soon? Postage is $15 flat rate but if you want just a few packs of plastics or something small email them and they will give you a price for postage. They seem to have reasonable prices on allot of stuff but you have to work out if you are saving by the time you work out postage. Like black_sheep said if you have some mates who want some gear and you share postage costs you can save some cash.

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Bump

theoldlegend
24-05-2006, 08:07 AM
I got a catalogue sent up to me last week. (I've since given it to my fishing mate to have a look.)

I think it said something like "If we can't beat someone else's price, then it's free" with the dreaded asterisk beside it. The dreaded asterisk said "Does not apply to loss leaders or liquidation specials".

I bought an Okuma EFS 80 reel last month for $99 at Capalaba and the MO tackle people have them for $150. They could probably argue that my purchase was a loss leader product or a liquidation special and therefore can't be held to their statement.

It's not an issue any more, but it would be interesting to hear their response.

Their Gamakatsu Octopus Circle 7/0 hooks are $3.50 per pack of 50 cheaper than what I can get them for here, but add on the freight and it's not worth it.

TOL