PDA

View Full Version : No, I didn't go fishing in the Tweed.

roz
21-05-2006, 07:00 PM
A few days ago a crude post was put up in 'Reports Estuary', it said that I had gone fishing with the author of that particular post. #

NOT TRUE.

I believe it was an attempt to belittle & embarrass me :-[.... well they have achieved what they set out to do, and have done a bloody good job of it!!

So I hope they are happy.

I sincerely believe now, that this was done by a recently banned member of Ausfish.

I would like to thank canoodle & flick flack, for seeing the post for what it was, a pack of lies.

Thankyou so very much fellas!

Roz.

BTW I don't drink Shiraz (I can't even spell it)...real fishos drink VB!!

Dogbream
21-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Good on ya roz.
There have been a few of those 'reports' lately >:(

ps. vb's my favourite beer too ;D

choppa
21-05-2006, 07:15 PM
roz,,, i think for those of us who saw it, read it for what it was,,,,, absolute CR#@P,,

to concern yourself over it only adds to the idiots way of thinking that """HE WON""

whether you fish the tweed,,, whether you drink shiraz,,, who cares,,, as long as you catch fish,, enjoy the outing and report on it,,,,

by the way,,,i use to drink vb,,, bloody doctors!!!!!!!

choppa

sid_fishes
21-05-2006, 07:16 PM
vb.............. ros, some of us have better taste than that and its all good mate,and no fisho in his right mind would even think about drinking brisbane creek water

sid_fishes
21-05-2006, 07:39 PM
and nobody in their right mind would believe the crap that was stated in the post that was made. i dont know why these poeple were banned and i really dont care i came to this site because of an interest ,that being fishing, the friends that you make allong the way.the info that we gather all helps us in some way.mate take a deep breath[ we know you can and we all need to some times]and don,t even thinkabout that crap thats been said............... and get our rod class up and running will ya lolololololol

Lone_Wolf
21-05-2006, 07:57 PM
We knew it wasn't you Ros, the fish in the photos were too small! ;)

charleville
21-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I sincerely believe now, that this was done by a recently banned member of Ausfish.

For those of us who spend too much time on this site and therefore have seen the history, this was pretty obvious at the time.

Remember, it is his psychological problem not yours. ;)

bidkev
21-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Roz, the damage they have done to you, pales into insignificance compared to how they have illustrated themselves to be. No-one believes that kind of crap. Seems they, (and I think there is more than one as these types of characters only have the balls to operate mob handed) aren't convinced as to whether they have coninced us as to
their "wankerliness" and have attempted to convince us further by their actions today.

Chin up gal and I look forward to sharing a shiraz with you ;) ;D

kev

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

TinarooTriumph
21-05-2006, 08:42 PM
On ya Roz. Last thing we need is w#### on this great site. Hope they got what they deserved. Im here to extend my fishing knowledge, and possibly help others, not too read a pack of lies about a platinum member, or how 'Gus Gould looks like a friggin dugong'. I mean come on!

As for the VB, YUCK ::) I beleive the stuff beggining with a 'X', and ending in a 'X', with 2 'X's' in the middle is much much better ;D.

I am old enough to post my thoughts on alcohol, arnt I ::) lol.

TinarooTriumph 8-)

Gbanger
21-05-2006, 08:57 PM
there certainly is some crazy stuff going on at the moment... try and see it for what it is roz and kev..

Hoges
22-05-2006, 08:36 AM
there certainly is some crazy stuff going on at the moment... try and see it for what it is roz and kev..

...and not just this fishing site!

This person Trendsetter registered again with this name after causing mayhem under the name Baitdrowner.

Below is part of the post he made explaining his actions when he registered again as Trendsetter...

"The bans aren't hard to overcome. Thank you for the ban. Actually I was given this site as a Uni. project to see about the integrity of forum administrators.
Who think they can fish but in reality cannot.
Once again, thank you for the ban. That is the first step of the assignment. The second is to critique the site based on its subject matter. That won't be hard to do on this one.

This was the easy one. I now have to do the same on a model car collecting forum, that could be interesting".

A couple of members think they know his indentity and that he has been active here as well. He reckons he has been banned from a Victorian Fishing Forum and I just hope someone who does know this clown's real ID would expose this trouble maker. >:(

skippa
22-05-2006, 08:51 AM
BTW I don't drink Shiraz (I can't even spell it)...real fishos drink VB!!

Don't worry Roz I'm sure those that know u (either personally or thru ur posts) realised what was going on ...... but ....

Do I really gotta drink that rotten VB stuff to be a real fisho ... :-? :P ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Big_Ren
22-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Roz

What are ya drinkin VB for?

I did not see the offending post and I am glad I didn't. Attacks on the character and integrity of good, respected people like you are simply churlish pranks that best be ignored. I really don't see how anyone can get anything out of such posts (in a fishing sense) anyway.

Hang in there Roz and go the Queenslanders on Wednesday.

Cheers
Paul

rando
22-05-2006, 10:24 AM
I did not see the posts about you Roz and It would not matter if I had .
Ive met you and spoken to you and have formed my opinion , and its all good. Someone trying to embarrass or demean you meets a brickwall with me.
Ignore it, your friends all support you
rando

Girella
22-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Hang in there Roz.

The cowards and rock crawlers have tackled someone way tougher than they thought.

PK

Darryl
22-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Brainless imbeciles that are gutless to boot.

I dont mind a vb either.

Darryl.

jeffo
22-05-2006, 04:40 PM
i mustnt be a real fisherman then ::)

xxxx and more xxxx

Owen
22-05-2006, 04:54 PM
I've got real issues it seems.
I drink XXXX and shiraz ;D ;D ;D
Don't worry about it Roz. I think people here would realise when something isn't up to your usual impeccable standards and dismiss it.

cheers,
Owen

bushbeachboy
22-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey Roz,
VB still = Vomiter's Brew. And they called it XXXX because they didn't know how to spell $hit. I'm a Carlton man myself, but I'll be happy to have a wine with you as we throw another uni student on the barbie. We could get together a whole bunch of us Ausfishers and make a day of it. Just think of the fun.
Cheers mate
Craig

Lucky_Phill
22-05-2006, 05:35 PM
To Fellow Ausfishers.

Roz put in a request to us Moderators for a right of reply to the post in question, although that post had been deleted. This request was granted for a number of reasons, including Roz's popularity on this site, her integrity and the personal nature of the offending post.

Her reply was concise and to the point, with a little humour thrown in, despite the distress that was caused.

Ausfish Moderators and Administration would like to thank those who have responded with supportive comments.

WE will leave this post up to run its course in the hope that any offending parties returning here, will see what it really means to a part of the Ausfish Family.

Cheers Phill ( VB and XXXX drinker ;) )

fish2eat
22-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey Roz

you aren't the first person to be attacked on here, and sadly, you won't be the last. But the support is with you and the site is generally well moderated and the scum don't last long.

As for beer, I am uncommitted to a single brand, for I find endless joy in the wonderful variety of beers available in Australia (Tooheys excepted) #;)

blaze
22-05-2006, 05:59 PM
didnt see the post
but hey
forget about all else, fishin or boatin,
if you know the Roz I have had the honor of meeting
you could not get a more sincere and helpful person.
cheers
blaze

roz
22-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Ta everyone,

But I am not after sympathy, also, there is no need to post anything, just read it and feel sorry for the village idiots from another site.

I actually don't need anybody's help to get into trouble.

Now, I think I will go and have a stubbie of personality. ooops!! I mean't VB.

roz

Sportfish_5
22-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Plenty of good people on that site I think you are referring too Roz - you get village idiots on all sites and some are probably trying to stir trouble knowing the past "issues" on both sides of the fence (if it exists)

Cheers

Greg

webby
22-05-2006, 07:25 PM
You must have a cast iron gut, VB comes from the Yarra. ;D
Now if we ever meet, i'll shout ya a Bundy ;)
regards

Hoges
22-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Plenty of good people on that site I think you are referring too Roz - you get village idiots on all sites and some are probably trying to stir trouble knowing the past "issues" on both sides of the fence (if it exists) :)

Cheers

Greg

Well said Greg! ;)

Please Roz do not judge all from that site as idiots. It only takes a couple of fools to ruin it for everyone.
I never got to read the post that you refer to but can imagine the annoyance of a false post concerning your good self.
Both sites contain some good talented people and should be able to run in conjuction with each other. IMHO

Regards

Peter

dasher
22-05-2006, 11:18 PM
What's this crap about the beer Roz, my dad taught me there was no such thing as bad beer. (just some better than others ;)) I believed him until enduring an annual xmas beer strike in Melbourne I was subjected to Maccabbees (spl?) Something they labelled beer from Israel. Bloody hell someone mentioned Yarra River water, well to be quite honest I reckon if you carbonated the river water it would have tasted better than this crap. >:( [smiley=wreck.gif]

Anyway cobber no need to worry about these peanuts mate. >:( Those that know you personally or thru the forums and reports can see thru these idiots and treat them with the disrespect they they have earned.

By the way Roz, I don't think anyone is offerring sympathy, I feel they are confirming your integrity on the site. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Still looking forward to chance of trying your chillie crab mate. ;D Might have to get Phil to kidnap you and bring you down to HB. ::) Long weekend in June.??????

roz
23-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Peter,

I am sorry you have the impression I am blaming everyone from that site, that is definately not my intention. You can't be guilty by association.

I would rather get back to fishing & enjoying Ausfish (but not with gullyroot :P)

Webby,

What are you talking about?? I met you at the river to mud and again at the christmas party, where, I might add, I bought you a rum. Geeze that stuff must play havoc with the memory, even more reason to stick to VB.

cheers Roz.

Herm
23-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Hello Roz

Since female members seem to be few and far between, I always read your posts with great interest! # :) #

I must admit that I read the post and thought "I didn't know that Roz was from around Brissie" #

I am sorry to hear that this incident caused you distress but it shows that the guys around here picked the post for what it was and paid no notice to it.

I just hope that one day - in the far, far distant future that I may gain 1/100th of your knowledge and 1/1000th of the respect that you have on this site ;)

Janine :)

skippa
23-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Ta everyone,

But I am not after sympathy ........ #
roz

Hey Roz,

I certainly didn't read the replies as symathy for you ....... I read them as messages of #support #;)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

PS I tried a VB yesterday ...... #[smiley=dizzy.gif]
# # Nope, gunna stick with my XXXX #[smiley=beer.gif] along with my ol mate Jimmy [smiley=drunk.gif]

maztez
23-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Gidday Roz the support and respect you have earned from the members of AF is a reflection on your standing in life .These wa...rs have only confirmed their status as bottom of the heap .
Glad to see you still posting and ignoring the dribble some( people )spew forth when they open their mouths....I havnt seen the post and probably dont want to ..
as for being a Vegie and Beef lover ,well we all have our bad habits ::)
go the carlton COLD
cheers Terry

gogecko
23-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I didnt see the post, but I can only add my support for Roz's integrity and say she is well loved by all.

I have previously voiced my concern that a banned poster can simply rejoin under a new name in a few minutes. Is it not time we performed auto IP address checks like the spam filters do, or perhaps upgrade the cookies somehow? Are there any IT experts who can suggest how to keep banned people off the site?

Andrew

theoldlegend
23-05-2006, 03:58 PM
This sort of stuff only just illustrates the sick people that are about and who think they can hide behind any name they care to invent and try and upset members of this site. If only they had the courage to say who they really are, but of course they are too scared to do that.

The trouble for these dropkicks is that posts like this only draw support for the target from other members on this site who can obviously see through this sort of childish drivel. A disgruntled former member? I wonder?

No doubt there will be more attempts. We'll just treat them with the contempt they deserve.

TOL

Burley_Boy
23-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Some people get a kick out of creating havock and insulting people then to see the ensuing furore. Yes it happens here and on other sites.

These gutless wonders are not worth the time of day but there are plenty of good people out there in IT land whether banned or not so I agree with posts on here not to toss all in the same bucket by convenience.

Sorry to hear you were offended by this chock Roz.
The value to me at a site like this is with those who I get to know and see at a M&G or out on the water. THats what I value.
The others who feel a need to hide and not be able to stand behind their comments have very little value or interest to me. ;)

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Bump