PDA

View Full Version : Welcome & Apologies

bidkev
14-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I haven't logged on for over a week and it seems unlikely that i will catch up on posts, so a big welcome to any newcomers to the site, and my apologies to anyone that I haven't replied to yet.

Hope that hand is better cuzza.

kev

Never run from your fears. Because when they catch up to you you're too tired to fight.

longtail
14-05-2006, 06:07 PM
welcome back kev ;)

where ya been?? :D

cheers
jason

Louis
14-05-2006, 06:44 PM
G'day Kev,

Good to see your back with us again.

Welcome back.

Louis

cuzzamundi
14-05-2006, 07:18 PM
gday kev,

thanks a million for your concern sir. yeah im getting heaps better now thanks. back in syd til october so im still homesick and majorly rod sick! had a good run up the wide bay for some sharks before i left, so that'll keep me goen til next season. i hope everythings well and youve just been busy outfishing the deckie and young ones! i reckon you'd better keep on eye on young jay jay, by the look of it he's starting to gather rigs of his own!!!! from experience with my old boy i know dads never really get outdone, but the odd days you do, youre never gonna hear the end of it, lol. anyway i hope you and yours are great and i look forward to vicariously fishing the pine through your reports aver the next few months! take care and talk again real soon.

cuzza

lippa
14-05-2006, 09:09 PM
i was done the pine today and couldn't even catch vermin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya missus must be eating well kev!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
stocking the freezer, is that why ya ben missing? :) :)

cheers

lippa

revs57
15-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Thought you'd been quiet bloke...hope all is well.

Off to Fraser tomorrow night...hopefully get amongst them

Give my best G'day to the fam!

Rhys

bidkev
15-05-2006, 04:51 PM
welcome back kev ;)

where ya been?? :D

cheers
jason

One lad footy training tues & thur 4 till 5.30......another lad footy training wed & fri 4 till 5.30........ another lad piano lessons thur 4.30 till 5.30......lass working 2 nights a week at Coles.......lads footy matches sat 6am till 12.........3 kids at tae kwan do tues & thur 6.30 till 7.30.......deckie on lates and me duty cook, driver, and homework supervisor ::) What was I doing the rest of the time?..............Having a bloody nervous breakdown over the petrol bills :o ::) and trying to get the kids to eat their veggies;D

kev

Be more concerned about your character than about your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think of you.

bidkev
15-05-2006, 05:17 PM
G'day Kev,

Good to see your back with us again.

Welcome back.

Louis

Thanks Louis.

kev

Be tender to the young, compassionate to the aged, tolerant with the weak. For in your life you will be all of these.

bidkev
15-05-2006, 05:22 PM
gday kev,

<snip>anyway i hope you and yours are great and i look forward to vicariously fishing the pine through your reports aver the next few months! take care and talk again real soon.

cuzza

Thanks cuzza. Don't get too homesick mate. Fished it today at that pipe I told you about hoping for some bream and copped 3 pike eels and 2 catties in an hour ::) Not what I was after but good fun on 6lb line ;D and confirms the first time wasn't just a (pike eel) one off. It seems hot for them there for some reason.

kev

Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.

bidkev
15-05-2006, 05:26 PM
i was done the pine today and couldn't even catch vermin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya missus must be eating well kev!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
stocking the freezer, is that why ya ben missing? :) :)

cheers

lippa

Never wet a line mate :'(........just busy and tired......side effect of coming off some medication. Had a go today but just pike eels and catties..........keeps the deckie happy ;D

kev

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

bidkev
15-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Thought you'd been quiet bloke...hope all is well.

Off to Fraser tomorrow night...hopefully get amongst them

Give my best G'day to the fam!

Rhys

Thanks Rhys....yeah, all's well. Have a good time mate and slay 'em for me.

kev

Be who you are and say what you feel: because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

cuzzamundi
16-05-2006, 04:58 PM
gday kev,

far out they do seem thick there. were the pikies decent size? woulda given you a crank on 6lb line mate. were they taking em in one go or stuffing around for a while like they do with us? anyway hopefully the next cold snap up there'll really fire the breambos up. hope youre good and hang in there with all your duties.

cuzza

bidkev
16-05-2006, 06:04 PM
gday kev,

far out they do seem thick there. were the pikies decent size? woulda given you a crank on 6lb line mate. were they taking em in one go or stuffing around for a while like they do with us? anyway hopefully the next cold snap up there'll really fire the breambos up. hope youre good and hang in there with all your duties.

cuzza

Cheers cuzza. Just a slight downward pull from 'em.....something like a crab does, but they go off on the strike. I always use a long 15lb leader 'cause of 'em rolling. The biggest one (the deckie's) went about 6ft and came in like a wet sack. When she got it to the side of the boat we could see why, as it had rolled and had about 8 wraps of line round the length of it's body.....forgot the gaff and it just wouldn't go into the net sideways on like that..........it buggered off with about 30 metres of line wrapped round it ::) ;D

Seeya out there when you get back.

kev

No individual raindrop ever considers itself responsible for the flood.

tats888
17-05-2006, 12:57 AM
hi everyone im new here n would jst like to say hi.

im married n my wife n i love 4x4 camping n landbase fish we live in SA n try 2 go fishing as much as posiable.so if any off u hav any camping area we can go to it would be as i'm trying 2 show her new grounds 2 fish in .as she has got terminal cancer so we like 2 get away as much as posiable.

i live in da gawler area . thankyou for any help

bidkev
17-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Welcome tats. Sorry to hear about your wife and hope the two of you spend your remaining time in many happy hours of each others' company. Hope this helps

kev

Cancer is limited, It cannot corrode faith, It cannot shatter hope, It cannot kill friendships, It cannot cripple love, It cannot destroy peace, It cannot silence courage, It cannot suppress memories, It cannot conquer the spirit.

Dirtysanchez
19-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Sounds like you are a busy man, but you still can prioritise a fish, and take care of the family

I wish I could catch fish in the pine, I can't catch anything anymore.

Where do your kids go to Taekwon do ?

bidkev
19-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Mate, my kids go to Bracken Ridge Community centre for their twice weekly sessions. Once a month they practice with the Black Belts in the City.

Try fishing the guiet spots in the Pine away from the traffic and the main tidal flow. I have a couple of spots with just enough flow to keep the berley at the back of the boat without washing it away too fast. If you've got a sounder, look for structure as there's more estuary cod round the snags in the Pine than is generally thought,

If it's flatties that your after, then try fishing the edges of the Northern flats further towards Dohles as the tide is dropping. The flatties drop off the flats into the deep. Likewise, try casting onto the flats (shallows) as the tide is rising. Sometimes a herring cast right up to the mangroves and retrieved very slowly over the flats, works.

kev

Compromise: the art of dividing a cake so that everybody believes he or she got the biggest piece.

Dirtysanchez
19-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Thank you Kev.. I do TKD at Sandgate high, hope the kids aren't beating you up too much!

I really appreciate the tips on the Pine, excellent stuff.. how about from the shore ? reason being I have relinquished the might Dory 420 now and it now sits idle at Hervey bay, due to lack of space at my place at Boondall :'(

Thanks again for your tips

bidkev
19-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Thank you Kev.. I do TKD at Sandgate high, hope the kids aren't beating you up too much!

I really appreciate the tips on the Pine, excellent stuff.. how about from the shore ? reason being I have relinquished the might Dory 420 now and it now sits idle at Hervey bay, due to lack of space at my place at Boondall :'(

Thanks again for your tips

Yeah mate...have to watch what I'm saying to 'em now I'm geting old and infirm ;D Shame about the boat but you'll get to use it at Hervey eh?

Don't fish the beach as much as I used to but in the past I've had good bream from the park on the downstream side of the hornibrook and good whiting from Suttons Beach but sometimes worm is a must there. I used to walk Shorncliffe jetty with a fishing vest and spare tackle in the pockets, chucking a line under each set of piles till I hit on a fish. Travel light. Unweighted herring or squid strip or full small herring and as little weight as possible. You can fish upwind or tide to keep the bait under the jetty. Prawn just gets taken by the toadies. Used to do quite well in winter for the bream and intend to get back into that soon.

kev

Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing.

Dirtysanchez
22-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks very much for your advice.

Yeah I do get up to Hervey Bay but now with the price of fuel I think twice!

:-X

where_is_dave
23-05-2006, 05:34 PM
back in syd til october so im still homesick and majorly rod sick!
cuzza

Cuzza,
I'm stuck in Sydney till Xmas, so I know how you feel. Still manage to get out on the water tho.

I reckon the Hawkesbury is one of the most scenic spots to have a fish, not that anything really compares to Gods Country.

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Bump