PDA

View Full Version : Horizon Shores ramp fee

grant6336
23-05-2006, 08:52 AM
So I hear Horizon Shores are increasing ramp fees from $10 for a day and $5 a day after 24hours to $20 a day and $10 a day after 24 hours.
Also they have plans to buy out Rudy Maas and expand the marina. After the theft reports I read on here from the weekend from public ramps, I am glad that I use private ramps most of the time. But if private ramps keep on putting prices up like this I might have to chance the public more often. (These 2 "rumours" come from someone who keeps a boat there and someone who rents a shed there)

Argle
23-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Hmm I reckon $20 is a bit bloody steep

Big_Kev
23-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Sounds steep.
I can remember the facilities being pretty good there from a couple of years back ut the security would have to be good as well for that money.

PinHead
23-05-2006, 10:24 AM
It isn't a rumour..they have already gone up. There will be some huge changes there soon...going to be about 1300 wet berths..1000 rack storage..tavern and shop precinct etc etc etc

Lone_Wolf
23-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, it's $20, did it on the weekend and it is still the same ticket machine that malfunctions and does not print receipts occasionally!

I must say I was shocked too however to keep it in perspective, $20 vs general chaos at public ramp, stolen/vandalised car, cab fare home and insurance excess for claim on trailer. I still will pay the $20. There is a security guard there all night too and he is vigilant. I will just have to miss out on the Yatala pies on the way home now. :'(

fish2eat
23-05-2006, 11:03 AM
The new owners of Horizon Shores are out to take it very much upmarket and make huge profits from it. I had a wet berth there for 2years until it changed hands. They almost doubled my monthly fees, they evicted many long term tenants, including those with leases and threatened legal action on a few who tried to enforce their long term lease.

The management are VERY agressive......I just left because the whole atmosphere of the place changed overnight. They think there are endless multi-millionare boaties out there who will pay whatever they ask. They were actually going to CLOSE the ramp altogether because insurance made it unviable.

PinHead
23-05-2006, 12:58 PM
my boat is still there ..I did a check around other marinas and the price at Horizon Shoresis competitive with them.

Big_Kev
23-05-2006, 01:14 PM
It is said to be very hard to get in anywhere at the moment for a wet berth?
If this is correct it boils down to the supply and demand arguement.
If I was to leave my car o/n I would pay the $20. I would not be happy but I would be less happy if my car or trailer was knocked off.

PinHead
23-05-2006, 04:54 PM
my berth fees increased by about $600 for the year..I don't mind that ..as I said it is in compariosn with other marinas.

The new owners of Horizon Shores are a reasonably fair mob to deal with..have had dealings with them previously..of course they want to make money..they would not have paid about 30mill for the place and then going to spend another couple of hundred mill on it if they do not want to make a profit.

Time will tell if all the developments do take place as per their plans but I am happy with my boat there..the security is good..constant vigilance all night every night

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Bump

stu68
24-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Not happy at all!!! :'(

dinky
25-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Its had to happen,price rise like everything else.maybe we might get-bitumen carpark,bigger & better pontoon & more boat wash facilities.Hope thats not too much to ask for!! ;) ;)

Scalem
25-05-2006, 08:06 PM
10 to 15 years ago, I think I remember not being allowed into Horizon Shores for day use of the ramp, only if you were O/night minimum. I used to go there all the time, then they banned cast netting in the marina which is where I used to pick up my livies and on one occasion, 9KG of banana prawns.

From what you guys are saying it will be a more expensive proposition fishing the pin, as I prefer the security of a non public ramp. If Rudys goes too, that will mean the trip by boat down the Logan from Carbrook will be the only other private ramp I know.... So any guesses what will happen to the ramp fees there too?? ::) :'( :'( :'( :'(

Scalem

PinHead
25-05-2006, 11:19 PM
From what I have heard Maas is not going..their area is not included in the development plans I have seen. Always good to step into Maas..looking out for that bloody donkey..like stepping into another world there