PDA

View Full Version : Clarification

bidkev
24-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Further to a locked topic, and my apologies if it is not netiquette to explain myself further via starting another thread.

Recently I was accused of being a liar, and now it is inferred that I am slanderous and not abiding by Ausfish rules. I have looked at my posts and nowhere can I see how anyone can draw that conclusion. If some folk spent more time actually reading and digesting what has been written instead of reading "between the lines" then there may be less conflict. I have simply stated that it is not in question that there have been abusive posts and the fact that I understand how others...........I repeat, "OTHERS" may draw certain conclusions.

At no time have I indicated as to whom I consider to be the culprit/s. I realise that perhaps I have not explainined myself appropriately but please try and actually interpret the content of my posts literally as opposed to thinking that there is hidden meaning, I have ulterior motives, or that I am pointing *MY* finger. I never accuse anyone lightly and wouldn't do so unless I was *absolutely* convinced as to their guilt.

My apologies if it is the manner of my writing that causes confusion, although I cannot see how.

I will now say no more on this particular matter in order to prevent further misunderstanding.

For the person who got hold of my email address, although it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Anonymous remailers used in such a manner are indicative of a person's cowardice.

kev

Speak when you are angry and you'll make the best speach you'll ever regret.

lippa
24-05-2006, 11:19 PM
don't lose sleep kev. most understood what you meant.

cheers

lippa

choppa
24-05-2006, 11:21 PM
kev,,,,kev,,, i actually responded TWICE to the above mentioned thread,,, and then deleted it,,,

the contents of my response where in the same manner as you stated,,, but were aimed at you

to think that ,,what we write is taken in the same concept as what we think,,, is wrong!!!!(sorry)

others,, who read our responses can AND do interpret our meanings incorrectly,,, some reply with disapproval,,, some lay dormant and stew

to say,,,,,(oh i dunno,,, lets pick on my late old mans favorite,,,,,,)

""police are pursuing the matter""

this can mean in some,,,,they've got no idea,,,,,,,,,

in others,,, they've got 'em,,,cant prove it,,,,,,,,

in most,,,,,can anyone close by fill me in on what's going on,,,,

i'm not throwing mud,,, my old man was a respected,, high ranked copper,,, (hence the nick, and the warning not to turn out like one),,,

but i think in my interpretation of the above post that started this,,,,,

enough is enough,,,not by you,,,,but by all

choppa
24-05-2006, 11:42 PM
i must have started the thinking tank on a few kev,,,,

as a comparasion,,,,, lets take a recent post,,,, i'll pick on,,, this one

""ausfish under attack"""

started at 22:45 yesterday,,, locked at 22:19 tonite
total responses 48,,,,,,,,,total views 1044

this topic

started at 23:00 tonite
total responses (not counting this one) 2,,,,,,,,,total views 256

me,,,,time to get the gear ready for 2morrow,,, chop jr & pop,,,, fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wayne_cook
25-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Kev always thought your posts were clear and easy to understand.

Not hard to work were your loyalities are, don't be put off by unsubstanciated innuendo.

bear

manchild
25-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Nevermind the bullocks ;D
Being around people for a good part of my workinlife I think i can spot a good bloke miles away you are 1 one them Kev .There is always going to be ONE but the fault is in him ,his probably teething even at older age .
cheers
George

fastmantis
25-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Kingtin
i also replied to that thread a couple of times totally got what u meant and don't see that u have done any wrong doings here. i always find your posts to be very informative and genuine. So i say continue on the same way and don't change your ways for the sad few that disagree.

Mantis

Burley_Boy
25-05-2006, 08:08 PM
This is an online forum not a beer accross the dinner table. When you can latch eyes and read the manerisms you can cut the word by word watching and get the gist by knowing the guy you're talking to.
You should not be defined by a sentence in a post but a picture of a person online is built up by sticking around long enough to get to know people so that a sentence read a different way won't change your perception of the poster.

Hopefully that all made sense, Kev you're a legend in more ways than one.
I would say more, but not here, over the dinner table and over a beer. ;)
cheers
BB

fishn-ads
25-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Kev,

"Don't worry" your just feeding them, don't throw berley at grinners. Save it for decent fish.

Ads

snappa
25-05-2006, 08:16 PM
dont know whats going on ...
dont care ....

kevs ok in my book .... [A book that has only a few pages]

and yeah i had coffee at his house ... :D

subzero
25-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I have missed the post that seems to be causing all the fuss but once again Kev, the signature says it all
Respectfully Yours
Lloyd

Jim_Byrne
25-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Been reading your posts for a while now Kev..... since you tipped me off about the site at the ramp one arvo.

Your a good bloke who's opinion will always be respected!

blaze
25-05-2006, 10:06 PM
dont think there is a need to clarify any post Kev, people are always going to read into them what they want to, to meet there own agenda.
cheers
blaze

cuzzamundi
25-05-2006, 11:13 PM
gday kev,

no need to clarify, sir. i read the post but wasnt able to respnd because the darn thing'd been blocked. was hoping you'd say something. yes, i am loyal and therefore back you outta mateship, but also, being as objective as is possible, i cannot give any credence to what was said to/about you/your post. i'm far from a genius, but in no way did i see how one could have deemed the words to be indecipherable. i guess you might call it selective cognition on their part. you constantly help people achieve their fishing goals on this site, and are ultimately generous with your thoughts. it's just unfortunate some people act in a visceral way, rather than rationalising the situation. take heed in knowing that those who matter will respect your right to opine towards any situation that concerns you. take care and tell those pike eels i miss their angry arses!!!!

cuzza

catchy_fishy
26-05-2006, 07:28 AM
I for one thought your writing in said post was beautiful, so to speak, as that's where it started. ;)

Didn't have anything profound enough to say to add to it.

But enough now else this too will get locked.

Mike

Dirtysanchez
26-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Well I agree, Kev is a good bloke and would like to meet him one day for a coula cold ones.
He supports every reasonable post with good advice and good old mateship.
Look at the Play Pen post with Bev and Ross, what a guy to go down there and give moral support, and a feed while they worked their bums off on rebuilding their boat

A good old fashioned top mate as far as I can see, so bugger those who don't reckon so
:D