PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Free Fishing DVD

Hutcho
26-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Before I begin, I am not on commission to say this!

I was given a "Fishing World" magazine subscription for Xmas and don't mind the read - even though it has a very national approach to fishing. However I recently got this month's mag (got ET on the cover with a huge Red) in the post and surprise surprise it came with a free fishing DVD attached to the cover. It took me a week or so to get around to watching it - but by golly, i have to say, that the quality of fishing on this DVD is simply astounding.

There are 4 segments: first is jigging for 30+ kg samson fish off Perth - these fish are pure brutes, second is barramundi fishing off Melville Island where they catch a barra every single cast - they catch over 100 barra in less than an hour - fantastic viewing. The 3rd segment is on big marlin fishing with some fantastic footage of marlin jumping, and the last segment is spanish mackeral fishing in the Torres Strait. Some of the encounters they have are awesome to see, and the sharks they meet along the way while fishing for mack's puts a tingle in your spine. Sure there are a few plugs for the sponsors of the DVD - but forget that, this fishing is pure magic stuff. Stuff dreams are made of.

As i said, i'm just an average joe who gets his magazine once a month - but i have to highy recommend this DVD for the quality of the fishing, in my opinion it is some of the hottest fishing I have ever seen.

I'm sure you can buy this mag at your local newsagent, look out for the DVD - it is well worth the buy. Very happy viewing.

Has anyone else seen it??

Cheers,
Hutcho

gif
26-05-2006, 09:54 AM
I saw this one too an agree

The free DVD were sometimes such a blatant product plug. But this one is much much better.

Some advertising is OK - someone has to pay for the DVD!

G

bdowdy
26-05-2006, 10:04 AM
:)yep great dvd, but there is another out at the moment which is also great watching, has starlo and jason wilhelm at awoonga, some jack fishing anda bloody big flatty , some whiting and so on its worth a look.calledthe fishing dvd vol4. cheers bdowdy ;)

Fishin_Dan
26-05-2006, 10:33 AM
It would be even better if it didn't have Mark Berg in it ::) HA HA HA
He annoys me a little that guy... But he is better than those iFish guys! :o

It's a pretty good dvd though... I watched it yesterday (I'm in the same boat as you Hutcho) and I liked it. Those new Rapala lures look pretty good.

Roo
26-05-2006, 12:17 PM
aggree, great DVD.
As for the rapalas in the barra section. I think the fish were that hungry a Malcom douglas home made hook wrapped in milo tin foil would have caught fish. ;D ;D ;)

all good fun

Cheers Roo.

Bigbream
26-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I must get it. I love all fishing DVD but sadly there ain't to many good ones out there.

Brett.

Hutcho
26-05-2006, 03:13 PM
The quality on the DVD is good. This is the kind of fishing scenes that any man dreams of.

For instance, there is one part where a spanish mackeral has just been caught and released....into shark infested waters. The scene cuts back to the presenter, next thing, the very same mackeral jumps back into the boat to avoid being eaten by the sharks. Alll caught on film. It is freaky.

Cheers,
Hutcho

boodo
26-05-2006, 04:01 PM
top dvd loved the sambos in fact loved the mackrel session too, mark berg is a tad strange but on a whole pretty good for free not like most of the free ones. ;) ;) ;)

tiges
26-05-2006, 04:28 PM
The DVD insert with magazine for $10, has been used by surfing mags for the past couple of years with great success. If a surf mag comes out now without a DVD tacked on they only get about half the sales (purely anecdotal evidence on my behalf, but you get my drift), everyone expects it now. Can only see the fishing mags following suit, and that's a great thing. Good marketing too, cos the mag/DVD is in a sealed plastic wrapper. So ya have to buy it, can't stand in the newsagent reading it cover to cover. And yeh, the DVD with the fishing world mag is great. How's the airborne hit the mackie puts on the lure dragging in the wash right behind the boat!

Fishin_Dan
26-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I must get it. I love all fishing DVD but sadly there ain't to many good ones out there.

Brett.

Talk to Ausfish member Heath about his 2 DVD's....

Jackinthebox
26-05-2006, 04:58 PM
How's the bit where he skull drags that big mack to the boat after the shark starts chasing it - he must have been a tuna poler in his younger days!

Blackened
26-05-2006, 07:15 PM
G'day
I have a coupla free ones, none of the above mentioned as yet. The one bloke that really shits me is adam royter. But anyway, the best fishing DVD i have seen is the wanganella banks. The fishing show i think, it's a kiwi one. Absolutly amazing.

Dave

nonibbles
26-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Called "Ultimate Fishing" there was a demo on Blue Water magazine a coupla months ago. Best 10mins of action I've seen on video (sorry blokes not into that rude stuff) still haven't found the money to buy the full version yet.
Oh and the boat - Ultimate lady, I don't know where they get the money to keep that in the water its huge!

Blackened
26-05-2006, 09:04 PM
G'day
Yep no nibbles, thats the one. You must get the full dvd version absolutly spectacular, Ultimate lady is an amazing setup.... I'll have one by 2015.
Dave

BarraBandit
11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
It would be even better if it didn't have Mark Berg in it ::) HA HA HA
He annoys me a little that guy... But he is better than those iFish guys! :o

It's a pretty good dvd though... I watched it yesterday (I'm in the same boat as you Hutcho) and I liked it. Those new Rapala lures look pretty good.

Dan... I agree with you on one thing... Bergsy is a good guy and it would have been good with him in there but boy... You dont know Paul and Lee from IFISH at all if you hate them... They are great guys mate and do a great job... Just think you got me alittle offside on that one.:(

honda900
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Fishing the aspley straight between bathurst and melville islands is not quite a barra a cast, not even, Plenty around though they are not fast enough to beat the golden snapper, queenies or Jewies that are there though. :o

Regards
Honda