PDA

View Full Version : Crabbers caught with illegal crabs.

baldyhead
23-05-2006, 07:46 PM
[quote][Following up on Pink Panther's thread.......did we happen to notice what ethnic background they were from ????? /quote]
Give yuh 2 guesses M8

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Bump

theoldlegend
24-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Excerpt from the Courier Mail this morning:

"Two fishermen face fines of up to $75 000 after being caught with an illegal haul of mud crabs in Brisbane's south. The catch, which included 24 female mud crabs and 23 undersized crabs, was discovered in Tingalpa Creek on Sunday night. This haul was about 70 crabs"

Lets see how they go.

TOL

Lone_Wolf
24-05-2006, 07:38 AM
just a passing thought but may be of interest to some,,, in the sunfish qld march 2006 publication the following stats were published,,,,

Fisheries Infringement Notices Issued For Period 1/1/2005,,,,,31/12/2005
total= 469 tickets/$107,025.00

and thats it,,, court prosecutions for the same period had a total of $172,839.00

Hi TOL, hope you are well.

The quote above is from Chops, courtesy of another thread. Whilst they seem vigilant with nicking them, there seems to be a problem getting them to pay. Maybe, these sort of fines should be passed on to SPER as well. #

Darryl
24-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Like any fine Lone_Wolf they go straight over to SPER after 3 months, and if that doesn't work it simply goes back to a warrant. During the months of paying it off with SPER if you miss up too 3 payments they will take your licence off you, right through to reposess goods to the value of the original fine.

Trust me. ::) ;D

-spiro-
24-05-2006, 08:25 AM
We should rally around and get the Department of Fisheries to open there own correction centre ;D That way there will be no one getting off easy, when it comes to breaking the fishing law ;D
These fella's are SCUM as far as i am concernd. I have trouble sometimes just to get a legal buck 8-)

fish2eat
24-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Following up on Pink Panther's thread.......did we happen to notice what ethnic background they were from ?????

mcsalty
24-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Makes me wonder how many times they've got away with a haul like that.

Some slick bloody lawyer will probably tell a pack of lies for them and they'll walk away laughing.

I reckon they should be crab bait themselves. >:(

onerabbit
24-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Forget the fine, I'd like to see them tied neck deep at half tide.

Muzz

bidkev
24-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Forget the fine, I'd like to see them tied neck deep at half tide.

Muzz

Preferably at the sewage farm ;D

kev

Remember, your relatives had no choice in the matter either.

onerabbit
24-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Good on ya Kev, & angle them into the prevailing wind.

Muzz

wayneoro
24-05-2006, 05:46 PM
mate few yrs back an asian gang got caught in logan river with a zillion crabs [some racist reported them] they got fined plenty fisheries would,nt say how they were catching them but been doing it for some time

onerabbit
24-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately it's not just the asians,

I know of enough white aussies that would do the same for "drinking money".
What about the ones who still sell their illegal catch to the local trader?
How many illegal jew will hit the shops this winter, let alone the one's that just go to the back of the local chinese restaraunt?

OOOps, I'll stop now,

Muzz

roz
24-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I would be more interersted in seeing how 'tough' the magistrate is when it comes to handing down a sentence. Even if they throw their hands up and plead guilty.

It's sometimes a shame to see the fisheries and other law enforcers get these people into court only to have magistrates slap them on the wrist.

Roz

krause69
24-05-2006, 06:46 PM
what i bunch of bastards they should be put in jail in my point of view because each one of those females could of easly had milloins of eggs but glad they got caught.

but one more thing after the jennies become over a certain age or size they can't reproduce ::)

cheers krause

shadow
24-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Personaly I think the fines should be set at a minimum not a maximum . A fine should start at $75000 , and the worse the crime the more the fine .The same with jail time if you get sentenced to 3 years, you do three years . Misbehave and you stay a little bit longer. How easy can it be. No exceptions for colour or race . Do the crime do the time.

Shadow

wayneoro
24-05-2006, 07:24 PM
mate the days of soft let offs are gone you,ve broken the law or you havent thats the impression i get of their policy bunch yrs back they were a joke on the pumping jetty 10-12 yrs ago i saw no one throw their u/n size back when uniformed fisheries came along if they caught someone you were made to throw them back end of story now you,d get a ticket for sure

Ozwald
24-05-2006, 07:32 PM
If we have a problem with Govt departments we can bombard the politicians with letters and petitions etc - who do we lobby to get magistrates to start doing their job?

choppa
24-05-2006, 07:37 PM
just a passing thought but may be of interest to some,,, in the sunfish qld march 2006 publication the following stats were published,,,, #

Fisheries Infringement Notices Issued For Period 1/1/2005,,,,,31/12/2005
total= 469 tickets/$107,025.00

and thats it,,, court prosecutions for the same period had a total of $172,839.00

Hi TOL, hope you are well.

The quote above is from Chops, courtesy of another thread. Whilst they seem vigilant with nicking them, there seems to be a problem getting them to pay. Maybe, these sort of fines should be passed on to SPER as well. #

hey thanks LW,,, does this mean someone actually reads my posts???????

seriously though when i reported that thread i had my doubts and contacted sunfish for a clarifacation of the info,,,, sadly its true,,, the water police exceed in $ for $ infringement value fines than the dpi do on ANY yearly average,,,

for those of you who read a post a while back re female crabs in raffle trays,,,, the outcome was basically the same,, a quick phone call... a stern warning,,, and """i'll be watching you"" attitude from now on....

what surprises me is the facts,,,,, we have a huge fishing fraternity in australia,,, both rec & pro,,, i've had the PRIVELEDGE of fishing grounds basically right outside my door since i was a pup,, and yet the attitude of those in power has never changed,,,

please correct me if i'm wrong here,,, as posted on more than one occasion,, if i'm wrong,, i'll hold up my arms and say so and apologise for it,,,,, but i honestly cannot recall one major incident/offence that has not been deemed JUSTICE to any offender

this imbicile will plead guilty,,, (he has too),, then his legal eagle will bring forth his prior history,,,his family,,(who must be fed your honor),,, his friends,,, and anything else to show he is a honest bloke/person and was FORCED to keep these crabs cause his income/family issues/cat dying/didn't know the rules changed in qld opposed to nsw,,,,, placed him in a situation that he had no option,,,

oh no your honour,,, the defendant isn't guilty,,,,blame society,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i truly see this bullsh*t EVERY DAY,,, i work 6 days a week,,, and it wears thin,,,,,to bloo*y thin

choppa

mcsalty
25-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Lot of good opinions expressed here but unless we take Oswalds advice

nothin's gunna change.

flatstrap
25-05-2006, 07:48 AM
I too have read this article in detail. This is just the point that has been missed in TPP's subject of the rape & pillage of the area foreshores. These two crabbers that have been convicted and reported in the press have not had their descriptions mentioned at all. Why BLOODY not?
All you closet racists in denial have been strangely silent. Yeah yeah stretch them on the rack, drown them in a septic tank yadda yadda yadda. I don't have a clue of what the offenders might be. But if they were Caucasian Australians, why isn't it mentioned?
Had they been of Asian appearance, Holy Underwear, it definitely would be reported and you would be howling like scalded cats! With venom in your eyes, you would be suspicious of every Asian that was within kooee of the water.
That is THE POINT!

I know for a dead set fact that a man & wife crabbing team sell undersized jenny crabs to an Asian restaurant in Upper Coomera. Broad daylight for cash. No prizes for guessing...?

The percentage of Ausfish members defending fairness in this area of discussion is a minority. This is about par for the general public. And if you guys had been listening to the Spoonman on Triple M Tuesday night, the conclusion from the stats are that the people that are educated, well travelled and have IQ's in double digits are more tolerant of his fellow man....

I acknowledge the balanced view of Ausfish members Pinhead, Charleville, Baldyhead and Fish2eat. Onya guys....flatstrap

wayneoro
25-05-2006, 10:38 AM
ah flatstrap havent ya forgot a name in yer list i,ll give you a clue starts with a w

flatstrap
25-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry Dude...Humble apologies... I was scrolling back thru all the posts to get authors and and missed it.
Forgive me?...flatstrap

theoldlegend
25-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I think there's an option open to confiscate the boat/car and whatever if they were used in committing the offence.

Let's hope the judiciary takes this stuff into account.

TOL

shadow
26-05-2006, 08:10 PM
,, (he has too),, tthis imbicile will phen his legal eagle will bring forth his prior history,,,his family,,(who must be fed your honor),,, his friends,,, and anything else to show he is a honest bloke/person and was FORCED to keep these crabs cause his income/family issues/cat dying/didn't know the rules changed in qld opposed to nsw,,,,, placed him in a situation that he had no option,,,

As I said start at a mimimum fine . That way all these unwanted f*&ks will now what they are in for .Not what they can get out off .

mcsalty
27-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Flatstrap, you clearly need to go back to the main topic on this post by theoldlegend and read the replies to this topic in the context of this topic. Without a bias approach you'll realize that the majority of us are refering to the offenders and not specifically Asians.

In any case I'm absolutely dumbfounded that anyone could possibly interpret Shadows (reply #15) words; " no exception for colour or race" as prejudicial.

You've condemned and offensively criticised several members because of your apparent incorrect interpretation of their replies to this topic, on ths post. For that you should sincerely appologise.

As for the racists, consider this famous saying;

' I don't necessarily agree with what they say, but I'll defend until death their right to say it.'

Bruce McD.
( Ordinary Member)
( Democracy of Australia)

PinHead
27-05-2006, 07:34 AM
The judiciary is no different in this than in other instances. I have a friend in the Qld Police ..drug squad. On numerous occassions they have had a dealer in court in the morning (got off with a meagre fine)..they bust him again that same afternoon...how frustrated do you think the police feel with this...they spend time and money catching these people only to see them walking the streets doing the same deals that afternoon.

flatstrap
27-05-2006, 08:40 AM
McSalty,
I do not condemn anyone. I do not criticise people. If I give the impression that I condemn people, I unreservedly apologise. I criticise only what they say. Are the rules in this forum so narrow that we cannot discuss the issues raised broadly. As you might be aware, nothing is as simple as it appears. As an example, have a look at the Tax Act (I digress again). How many volumes are printed just to explain the latest amendments?
There is nothing personal in these passionate discussions. If you or anybody are personally hurt, you can do three things: a) Get over it b) Seek personal therapy or c) Get around more so you can experience the world as it is
flatstrap
PinHead
I agree with what you say. I too have a friend in the GC Police service. Same frustration. It's almost hair pulling time. The feeling that the judiciary as opposed to enforcement has its collective heads up its own A@#e!...flatstrap

mcsalty
27-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Well it might be just me but when you say "All you closet racists" as you did in your reply #20, you are in fact condemning as racists all of the members who responded to this topic with the exception of those you list. Thats personal, as is the second paragraph of your reply #27 in which you start off by saying " "There is nothing personal..." then in the very next sentence you aim snide personal remarks at us.
The rules of the forum are not in question. You're the only one who's even mentioned them.
Last but not least : There's not a hope in hell that I'll ever read the tax act.

Bruce McD.

choppa
27-05-2006, 07:53 PM
the report from the dpi reads much the same (as per say a media release)

Minister for Primary Industries and Fisheries
The Honourable Tim Mulherin
Monday, May 22, 2006

ILLEGAL CRAB HAUL SEIZED IN BRISBANE

Two fishermen have been caught with a large illegal haul of mud crabs by Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries officers in Tingalpa Creek, in Brisbane’s south.

Minister for Primary industries and Fisheries Tim Mulherin said officers came across the illegal catch, which included 24 female mud crabs and 23 undersized crabs, during routine patrols last night.

“Female mud crabs are regulated in Queensland and fines of up to $75,000 can apply to those in possession of them,” Mr Mulherin said.

“It is illegal to take or possess female mud crabs in Queensland for a very good reason - that is to protect breeding females.

“Rules such as size and bag limits also are in place to protect and conserve mud crab stocks. By ensuring people are following the regulations these valuable fisheries resources will be around for current and future generations of Queenslanders.

“As well as illegally taking female and undersized mud crabs, the catch in total greatly exceeded recreational bag limit for this species

“There is a take and possession limit of 10 male mud crabs in Queensland and this haul was in the vicinity of 70 crabs,” he said.

“As these are regarded as serious offences under the Fisheries Act, all of the crabs, other catch and the boat were seized and are being held by QBFP.”

The men, who are expected to face court, could face fines of up to $75,000 for each offence.

For more information about fisheries rules and regulations visit the DPI Fishweb site at www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb or phone DPI&F on 13 25 23.

Media: David Potter 32396530

going by trend alone,, the outcome of this will be washed aside by some future news flash that will be brought to the general publics attention,,, and i think this is also where some of the problem exists,,,

if you ask the average person what there thoughts are about this issue,,, don't be surprised if they don't know what your talking about,,,,,as the same as some of the ausfish members would have been negligent to the fact unless they read about it here,,in this forum,,,

choppa

shaman
27-05-2006, 08:07 PM
As per usual there is a burning cross being aimed at freedom of speech.
Flatstrap's rantings over the limiting of the broadness of this subject are a bit hard to cop when a small % of the posts refer to asians, his included
and these opinions are being sledged by "HIM", so who's limiting the opinions matey. As for a large % of everybody else having a limited I.Q., how would you know??? This thread was started as a neutral non-racist subject and apart from a few members asking the obvious Flatstrap has started another racist sh!tfight. We can't even end our posts with witty quotes without the fear of being harrassed. Can we discuss anything without people throwing handgrenades in the fire??? Oh and by the way, criticising peoples intelligence without even meeting them is crook. >:(
Who do you think you are????? Billy

choppa
27-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Can we discuss anything without people throwing handgrenades in the fire??? # #Billy

with what i've read over the past few weeks shaman i don't think so,,,,,,,

a typical example,,, response to a new members post in one of the reports section,,, had the first 4 responses belittling it,,,must be something in the water lately,,,,everyone seems to be suffering from the same cynical bug thats floating around