PDA

View Full Version : Ive had a GUTFULL!!

ozkat
21-05-2006, 04:45 PM
This post is aimed at users of the Broardwater. I sold my 4.5mtr center console a couple of years and have done virtually no fishing since then. I recently bought my family a 4.5mtr halfcabin because i thought my family would enjoy weekends on the water, how wrong was i!! Last weekend we went out on our maiden voyage travelling from Nerang to the Broardwater via the Nerang river loverly day , packed a picnic lunch and fishing gear. Had a plesant trip down the river observing all markers and speed limits. Then we hit the Broardwater, absolute chaos. Jetskis comming that close that the spray went in our boat, bloody great SHIPS well over 80ft just ploughing past with no concern for any other water users. We actually came that close to being capsized it wasnt funny. And bloody idiots in those jet boat things taking tourists for thrill rides passing within 10mtrs of our boat going flat out. Now you may say i was anchored in the channel or somewhere i shouldnt have been, i was only 20mtrs off the eastern beach of Wave Break Island!! My wife, no.1 son and daughter refuse to go out in the boat again, thats the really sad part. The same happened today with no.2 son when the wake of a 60+ footer broke over the back of our boat. Now he doesnt want to go out anymore. Then i rescued a couple whose tinny was capsized by the same bloody boat. Helped them to shore , towed their boat till we could upright it, got the 25 hp merc going and spent an hour dragging a reef anchor trying to get some of their gear back. ( got 1 rod and a esky back out of an estimated $1000 worth of gear.What gives these wankers the right to destroy my time and others time on the water? Ive had my boat 1 month and proberly will sell it now, im really that dissapointed.

flatstrap
21-05-2006, 05:00 PM
It's a sad day when a boatie or fisho decides to give it away because of the hoon element. May I suggest you take your family out as soon as possible to a quiet natural area and show them another side of the boating scene. You must try to minimise the negative reactions ASAP. Just like getting back on a horse that has thrown you.
That area of the Broadwater is Hoon Heaven and an area to avoid.
I hope you guys stick with it and enjoy your future boating activities....flatstrap

joeT
21-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Yep. I stay away from the goldcoast/broadwater area on weekends for this very reason. Actually, if I can, I stay away from boating on weekends. Its supposed to be a relaxing pastime and having to deal with idiots on boats/at the ramp just doesn't make it all that relaxing!

Lucky_Phill
21-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Guide to Recreational Boating & Fishing in Queensland.

Speed Limits:-
Six knots within 30m of:-
* boats anchored, moored to the shore or aground
* jetty, wharf, pontoon or boat ramp
* people in the water
* boat harbours and marinas
* float or structure indicating that there is a diver below ( Code A flag )

6 knots ( approx 11km/hr ) is equivalent to a brisk walking pace.

Speed restrictions are usually indicated by signs. However, the rules apply whether the signs are there or not.

There is another rule. My boat is bigger so the rules don't apply to me !

Personally, I believe the Broadwater is NOT a safe place and has been that way for many years.

Phill :(

skippa
21-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Mate exactly why I stay away from the broadwater, not just weekends but fullstop. I've got a 18ft half cab and the buggers still swamp me too. Its not about the boats, but about the idiots with more money than (boating) sense that have no idea what effect their own wake has on other users or the environment.

Read this link here.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1148122318

But, there's plenty of places other than broady to take your missus and kids so don't be in too much of a hurry to sell your rig.

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

bidkev
21-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Mate, don't sell up just because you've encountered the hoon element. As has been said, there's other places to explore, and although it has it's moments, the slipping sands/cliffs area is well policed with regards to speed restrictions. The Broadwater is a bloody nightmare at weekends.

Good on yer for lending a helping hand where it's needed and remember, that the spirit you showed in helping out, is the spirit that exists here at Ausfish. You will encounter that more than the miserable buggers who spoiled your weekend.

Stick at it mate.

kev

No matter what happens Today. You must remember that...Today will be Tomorrow's past, and Tomorrow will be Today.

Jackinthebox
21-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah Ozkat, those wake waves can be up to waist high from the bigger ones.

The only two benefits are that u can get behind a big one & follow it home on a really choppy day(they smooth the water out directly behind them) and secondly, when I used to go up the Pin from the broadwater in my little 3.5 explorer, I would sit on their 2nd or 3rd wake wave and surf it all the way there.(very cheap fuel wise, but you need to have been a surfer in a previous life to do this!)

Other than that, they do cause a bit of havoc. I dont know why you need to spend a million$$$$ to buy a boat like that just to go to Tipplers and drink Champagne?

wayneoro
21-05-2006, 05:52 PM
mate left there 2yrs back same reasons and are these large boats policed no way they go after battlers in old tinnies and then i read a post about a fisherman who cant figure out why he has little luck in the broadwater hellow hellow the sea bed has been destroyed by these lg fast boats the wake from some is amazing and do these guys go out side no way they rip from their jetty to the bedroom destroying everything in there wake >:(

wayneoro
21-05-2006, 05:52 PM
mate left there 2yrs back same reasons and are these large boats policed no way they go after battlers in old tinnies and then i read a post about a fisherman who cant figure out why he has little luck in the broadwater hellow hellow the sea bed has been destroyed by these lg fast boats the wake from some is amazing and do these guys go out side no way they rip from their jetty to the bedroom destroying everything in there wake >:(

nigelr
21-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Ozkat.
Can only sympathise and agree with remarks offered.
Hopefully one bad day won't spoil all the potential enjoyment that boating can bring.
Good on you for helping out, hopefully karma will help you out! ;)
Cheers.

seatime
21-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Other than that, they do cause a bit of havoc. #I dont know why you need to spend a million$$$$ to buy a boat like that just to go to Tipplers and drink Champagne?

because they can and the poser factor is paramount.

Nothing, repeat nothing will be done by Maritime Safety Qld until there is an accident involving one of these gin palaces and a fatality. The public outcry will outweigh the boaty backlash and they'll see votes in it and we might get some changes to the length/speed/license regulations.

ozkat
21-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the support, i was beginning to think maybe its just my inexperiance that put me in that situation. Where would you blokes and blokettes recomend me taking my family for a days fishing? Within a 1 hour drive of Nerang.

gawby
21-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Ozkat.
Have a look at the post i put up under V SHEETS and youi will relate to what has happened to you.
My new boat is 6mts and we nearly put a wake over the bow from a 30 footer yesterday. Thet dont care.
Unfortunatly someone will probably die before the authorities do something about the hoon element. I hope not though.
Graeme

Biff
21-05-2006, 06:57 PM
This problem extends all the way down to the Pin. It's just not the Gold Coast Broardwater area. #Why should we middle class people give up these waterways to uneducated rich people?

Not long ago I was fishing for whiting up the Nerang, when one of these uneducated rich folk came within meters, speeding past me in their party pontoon boat full of piss with music blearing going woo-hoo and aghhrrr. # About 100m up the river they ran out of fuel, because they where to dumb to throw the anchor, they came a gutters on a rock wall, #then they were yelling to me for assistance, the fella they just had pissed off ;D ;D. #

I did not answer straight away letting them sit there for about 30min, by this stage thay were abusing me. #So I said to me mate, "Ok lets go get them."

Towed them home which was about 100m up river. When I got them to thier pontoon they had a big fly bridge cruiser sitting there as well! #They gave me $300 for my effort. :o
Even though I gave them something to think about by letting them sit there for so long I don't think they learned a thing ::)

At the end of the day this is what the Broardwater area has become. If the authorities won't and can't do anthing about it what chance have we got to make thing right?

# # # # # Not happy - - #Biff

PinHead
21-05-2006, 07:01 PM
check your pm's Ozkat

CHRIS_aka_GWH
21-05-2006, 07:21 PM
i am dismayed by the number of jetski's and white shoe incompetents infiltating the pin. Tipplers north should be declared jetki free apart from the lit beacon channels.

There is a jetski tour operator who conducts tours from the goldie north to moreton island who got some good advertising on The Great South East. The footage from that show and my encounter with his group around the slipping sands showed him in flagrant breach of the rule Lucky Phil quoted. His own clients travel at speed, closer to EACH other than 30m ....

Makes you wonder what respect is shown the dugong & turtle go slow zones are shown around Russel & north of Peel.

chris

charleville
21-05-2006, 07:31 PM
As one who owns neither a cruiser nor 4WD, I have to say that those bloody big cruisers are the marine equivalent of urban 4WDs. # >:(

I have the perception that a lot of drivers of urban 4WDs that have never been off road seem to have some territorial ambitions on the road and I see the same sort of imperialism in relation to cruisers. # >:( >:(

I reckon that most of those big Mustangs and the like are a complete waste - ordinary as a fishing boat at least. #I saw one stuck on a sandbank near the Bedrooms a couple of years ago with the skipper thigh high in water trying unsuccessfully to push it off the bank and concluded thatthey would be useless for drifting across the banks seeking flatties, whiting or bream. ;D ;D ;D

Much better to travel on the Broadwater on weekdays. Hardly anyone there then - well at the northern end anyway. ;D ;D

PinHead
21-05-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah charleville..Mustangs are a waste...LOL

ozkat
21-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Ill hold off on selling my boat after Pinheads very very kind offer. :) Im not a fan of those big white boats either but they do put food on my families table and pay my bills......... I work for Riviera. Pity everyone of them cant be exported ::)

Grand_Marlin
21-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Why dont you get someone like "Today Tonight" on the case.

Let them film it, get some rego numbers and then front MSQ and the Police over the issue.

It shits me to tears when they can fine you for carrying an extra set of flares that are just out of date... or a fire extinguisher that is perfectly fine but not tested .... but when it comes to the main safety issues where people could die, they just turn a blind eye...

Cheers

Pete

skippa
22-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the support, i was beginning to think maybe its just my inexperiance that put me in that situation. Where would you blokes and blokettes recomend me taking my family for a days fishing? Within a 1 hour drive of Nerang.

Ozkat,

Within an Hour from Nerang you will the beautiful Southern Moreton Bay. Launch anywhere from Redland Bay to Cleveland to fish around the southern bay Islands. A couple of great picnic spots come to mind .... Blakesleys on North Straddie, Horseshoe Bay Peel Is and Coochie Is has some nice beaches too.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

hogesTS
22-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Ive personally never been to the broadwater, but from reading posts on here nearly every weekend it seems that the water police/whoever need to do the same sort of thing as they do with the "hoons" on the roads, such as first offence confiscate craft for 24hrs, 2nd offence confiscate craft for 4 weeks, 3rd offence craft confiscated and sold at auction. Although such a scheme would need to be better set out with clearer rules and definitions then the current "anti-hooning" legislation, which gives all the power to the arresting officer to make decisions about what behaviour constitutes "hooning".
I agree that getting today tonight on the case should put some pressure on the authorities to lift their game and crack down on dangerous and anti-social behaviour, worked a treat against all us car enthusiasts ::)

el_carpo
22-05-2006, 02:27 AM
I can't believe some of those Jet-skis! ;D

Jeremy
22-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Ozkat,

shame about your bad experience, but that is par for the course down there, even worse on sundays or public hollidays and in Summer. Get used to it if you want to use the broadwater.

There is nowhere to get away from the jetskis, but you can get out of the traffic and away from most of the big boats by going up shallow and little used channels. There are quite a few of these places around Jumpinpin, where you can anchor up, cast a line out and have some peace and quiet.

Don't give up yet. Take the boat out fishing with a friend a few times and do some exploring. I won't give any places away. When you find somewhere, then take your family back there and you'll enjoy yourselves.

Jeremy

fastmantis
22-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Be a mighty shame to give it away on the account of the idots there mate plenty of good spots around they do make u angry though.

fish2eat
22-05-2006, 09:44 AM
I've nearly been swamped in a 28ft baycriuiser, so I don't know how some of you get by in smaller craft. I do 7 knots flat chat and go every where at 6knots.....doesn't worry me and I get to actually see all the scenery.

As I've said on here many times before, its time for a total 6knot limit from Sundale Bridge to the northern tip of Russell Is.

Evey Sanctuary Cove boatshow, there are more rich wankers getting ships that they use a few times a year - flat out, like the rest of their lifestyle.

Alex9797
22-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Thank you thank you thank you for bringing this up . It has been driving me nuts for ages . I recently sold a perfectly good 15 foot tinnie mainly due to the fact that I felt unsafe in it with the kids onboard when at the Pin.

I have lost count of the number of times that we were placed in a dangerous position due to a larger boat overtaking us in a narrow channel. I have now purchased a CC 575 outsider so that we could spend more time in the northern parts of the bay where you can control your own destiny somewhat.

Jeremy, good advice mate. I have recently noticed though that these large cruisers are now achoring inside and across the entrence to the shallow bay north of the bedrooms. This was I thought one of the last places that I could take our kids and safely nudge the boat onto the sand. These absolute f*$#wits now block the channel by throwing out one pick onto the sandbank to the west and the other onto the pin proper which makes navigating into the inlet impossible.

Two weeks ago I got stuck inside because of one of these idiots blocking the inlet and going off for a stroll. I was tempted very tempted >:(.

I have in the past made inquieries about policing the pin area and have been told that it is a resource issue. I am particularly concerned about the cruisers speeding through wallys gutter who use this stretch of water as some kind of aquatic chicane. It is bloody hairraising if you are travelling in the other direction.

These boats are designed for offshore learn how to drive them and bloody use them there.

arrrgh aarrrgh oooooom oooom I feel better now 8-)

Alex

Bream_Reaper01
22-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I had my bit to say over a couple of different posts recently,best thing i found is either fish the Braodwater at night or look at different areas further North eg.The Pimpama river.

PinHead
22-05-2006, 10:32 AM
fish2eat..I would be in favour of your 6 knot limit..as long as it pertained to EVERY boat..no size limits..EVERY #vessel.

bit touchy there Alex..what if the owners do not want to go offshore????

fish2eat
22-05-2006, 10:47 AM
That's what I meant Pinhead, EVER boat 6 knots.

I think that while it wouldn't always mean no wake, it would make the whole area much safer and enjoyable to operate in.

There is no raeson the tourist operators with thrill rides and parasailing couldnt head outside the seaway. The ban on jetskis in Sydney Harbour has increased the usability of that waterway enormously. It is the only way we can deal with ever increasing poulation using the waterways.

fish2eat
22-05-2006, 10:48 AM
That's what I meant Pinhead, EVERY boat 6 knots.

I think that while it wouldn't always mean no wake, it would make the whole area much safer and enjoyable to operate in.

There is no raeson the tourist operators with thrill rides and parasailing couldnt head outside the seaway. The ban on jetskis in Sydney Harbour has increased the usability of that waterway enormously. It is the only way we can deal with ever increasing poulation using the waterways.

Alex9797
22-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey pinhead,

I've had my coffe now and feel better ;D.

I am not suggesting they all go offshore however as you know the narrow channels between tipplers and Horizon Shores are no place for the 30 foot and up brigade to go through at 25 knots whilst smaller boats are coming the other way.

I am also aware that people in small boats that insist on anchoring in the confined waterways also contribute to the problem. Perhaps a traffic study could be udertaken to assess the usage and danger areas to come up with a solution. Perhaps limiting certain size craft within the very narrow channels.

I would love to see a police boat sitting at one end of wallys gutter as a deterant on weekends.

I am aware that you have a larger boat and I am certainly not insinuating that you are one of the problem children :)

Hope to catch up as I am based at Horizon shores ( or whatever they are calling it this week ) as well.

Alex

PinHead
22-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Alex..I have both..a 14' tinny and a 30' cruiser so I can see it from all directions..I have been tossed around like being in a washing machine at times in some of the channels...but..I just shrug and keep going...if there is nothing illegal being done then by the same token nothing can be done about it either.

Az
22-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I have to agree some of the wakes put out by these boats are rediculous its almost like taking a tinny through a bar crossing

I would hate to be in something small around some of these wakes

PinHead
22-05-2006, 11:08 AM
fish2eat..I could see the uproar now if that was to be introduced.

2iar
22-05-2006, 11:09 AM
It shits me to tears when they can fine you for carrying an extra set of flares that are just out of date... or a fire extinguisher that is perfectly fine but not tested .... but when it comes to the main safety issues where people could die, they just turn a blind eye...

Cheers

Pete

This is a very good point Pete. Out of date flares etc never CAUSED an accident, but the behaviour of these hoons easily can and do. The root cause of the majority of accidents and near misses in the Broadwater is unquestionably this type of behavior. If you can eradicate the root cause, you're 90% of the way to eliminating safety issues in a confined waterway.

Good luck,
Mike

PinHead
22-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey pinhead,

I've had my coffe now and feel better ;D.

I am not suggesting they all go offshore however as you know the narrow channels between tipplers and Horizon Shores are no place for the 30 foot and up brigade to go through at 25 knots whilst smaller boats are coming the other way.

I am also aware that people in small boats that insist on anchoring in the confined waterways also contribute to the problem. Perhaps a traffic study could be udertaken to assess the usage and danger areas to come up with a solution. Perhaps limiting certain size craft within the very narrow channels.

I would love to see a police boat sitting at one end of wallys gutter as a deterant on weekends.

I am aware that you have a larger boat and I am certainly not insinuating that you are one of the problem children :)

Hope to catch up as I am based at Horizon shores ( or whatever they are calling it this week ) as well.

Alex

LOL Alex..it was Windward Horizon Shores..now I think it is Meridien Marinas..I lose track also...come on over to "F" arm when next u r down there for a cold beer.

fish2eat
22-05-2006, 01:18 PM
fish2eat..I could see the uproar now if that was to be introduced.

of course, there's some serious big money and big names behind the big boats

That's why it'll only happen AFTER a series of deaths, just like gun control came in after Pt Arthur......the regs will be written in somebody's blood

PinHead
22-05-2006, 03:35 PM
There has already been some deaths in tipplers passage..I can recall one about 12 years back..a boat left tipplers late at night..ran straight into the side of an anchored boat..the culprits boat..an 18' ski boat..killed the poor woman asleep in the large boat he hit..the culprit was drunk...the size of the boat has nothing to do with safety or otherwise..it is the actions of the skipper of the boat that determines what happens

fish2eat
22-05-2006, 04:28 PM
you are unlikely to kill anybody at 6 knots, no matter how stupid you are!!!!!

grant6336
22-05-2006, 05:33 PM
This is why I go through the week, although this works for me as I do shift work. All you can do is look for a quiet area, but these can be hard to find to. I fished the pimpama one day and had to share with 3 ski boats :o. Ski boats in the pimpama? c'mon guys there must be better areas to ski surely? And they always come off right next to where you are fishing >:(. And jet skis dont get me started, I am sure there are some who respect the rules, but I am yet to see them ;D. But does it really surprise you the amount of w@#kers on the water? I mean just look at the roads and the w$@kers that drive on them, I am sure they own boats to!

PinHead
22-05-2006, 06:20 PM
what do you suggest grant????

webby
22-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I new this post would get you going greg ;)
regards

PinHead
22-05-2006, 07:46 PM
LOL webby....and I have been waiting for a comment by you...but wait for it..seeing as how ozkat's wife and kids have had a bit of a fright ..my missus is not the greatest sailor of all times..she gets a bit edgy also so I know what he is going through....I have offered to take them on Sunday for a run in my boat...to a few quieter places and hopefully his kids and wife will relax a bit and learn to enjoy boating. Stay with me on this webby..tell em what a great skipper I am (and don't mention the medication I need)..LOL

grant6336
23-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah pinhead I dont know what the solution is, you can have all the laws you want but that doesn't mean everyone is going to listen to them or obey them and the amount of boats and watercraft on the water would take an awful lot of Police to keep an eye on things. Like someone else said unfortunately it will take a death for something to be done. As for myself I will try and avoid the busy areas best I can and continue to go through the week. Cheers

Burley_Boy
23-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Chris, I'm not aware of any rule prohibiting jetskiis (or Boats) to run within 30M of each other at speed?? Both underway.

This is not really a hoon issue most of the time, its an incompetence issue.
Jetskiis pulling a wake behind you as you pull your boat up on a trailer is simply a combination of inconsiderate but also lack of knowledge.
Many of the people in the large cruisers are totally unaware of the regulations and unaware of the results of their actions.

We have the seaway tower manned the entire weekend with observers, how about them lodging actual notices to the police on dangerous behaviour that they spot. Tell me does people in the water include surfers on a board, saw a cruiser go within metres of three guys, that is just pathetic in my eyes. And if your opinion is that the surfers shouln't be there... then that is totally irrelevant!
A few fines and revoked licences will actually have an effect I believe.

Burley_Boy
23-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Sad you had a crap day too and I know what you mean.
Like some of the guys have said, there is plenty of water so you have to choose your spots depending on the days you go.

6knots will penalise those who do the right thing and I don't support it. Policing the laws we have I definitely support.

Go offshore, its probably safer ;D

seabug
23-05-2006, 07:29 PM
How would it go if everyone that noticed an infringement rang there LOCAL Member of Parliament/Councilor when they arrived home.

After all, it is there responsability to make laws that work. ;)

Why be the only one to have a shitty weekend. ;D ;D ;D

Regards
Seabug

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Bump

rick_k
26-05-2006, 09:07 PM
import some pirates from the south china sea.

Soon clean up the gin palaces.

We seem to be moving more and more to the Golden Rule. S/he with the gold makes the rules.

Hard to argue with the post re flares etc. We were under the cliffs at Pt Cartwright, and encouraged by the water police to replace out of date flares.

The risk management decisions don't stack up. We pay for it in dollars now, and will pay in lives. At least the under 12s will be easy to find in their lifejackets.

finga64
27-05-2006, 06:27 AM
I love fishing Wednesday's down the Pin way :)
Just for that reason....lack of morons on Wednesday's and Tuesday's :)

GM had a good idea...who's going to ring or send an e-mail to Today-Tonight???
Seriously.....great idea GM....Let everybody know what it's like for the majority to have a day/lifetime of enjoyment ruined by a minority.

PinHead
27-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Maybe the producer of TT has a nice big Riviera...doubt they would be interested then.

squire31bris
28-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I EMPHATICALLY AGREE WITH YOU MATE, HAVING BEEN CAPSIZED IN THAT AREA A COUPLE TIMES YEARS AGO, I NOW PLAN MY OUTINGS AROUND WEEKDAYS INSTEAD. IT'S NOT LIMITED TO TH G.C. THOUGH, JUST ABOUT EVERY PART OF THE ENTIRE EAST COAST OF AUS. IS BEING TERRORRISED BY THE 'GO HARD OR GO HOME' SQUAD.

EVEN WHEN COMPLAINTS ARE SENT THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS, OR OVER THE AIR FOR THAT MATTER, LITTLE IS DONE TO REPRIMAND THE OFFENDERS. A MATE OF MINE RECENTLY "DISCUSSED THE ISSUE" WITH SOME OF THESE FOLK, ONLY TO BE ACCOSTED BY THE REST OF THEIR TRIBE AND QLD'S FINEST AT THE BOAT RAMP.

THE RESULT WAS A FINE AND A RESTRAINING ORDER. CALL ME CRAZY BUT AN ANIMATED CONVERSATION ABOUT MARINE REGS' IS HARDLY A LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION, WHEREAS I FEEL A SIX OR SEVEN YEAR OLD CHILD BEING THROWN FROM A REGISTERED BOAT, ANCHORED IN VERY SHALLOW WATER TO AVOID MANIACS, HAS TO BE RESCUED BY A GRANDPARENT. LUCKILY BOTHE THE CHILD AND GRANDPARENT WORE PFD'S.

INCIDENTALLY, NONE OF THE "TRIBE" SO MUCH AS SLOWED DOWN TO HELP, MUCH LESS APOLOGISE.

Darryl
28-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Today tonight probably wont do squat, i emailed them with regards to people taking prawns from the Bay Islands in excessive amounts. Still waiting for a reply a week later.

Darryl.

Cloud_9
28-05-2006, 05:17 PM
the best bet for the family trip you cant go out after 9:30 am
keep the family trip to saturday morning if possible or stay the heck away from the dumb asses in the broad water.
its a shite fight on most sundays unless you have a 40-50 footer.
cheers Cloud 9

gawby
28-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeasterday afternoon my deckie and meyself went for a couple of hours in the boat to get away from things and be on our own.
Anchored up inthe seaway on the north side out of the main channel and thought we could just float there and have a relaxing time.
What a maistake, again these juppies and their big 30footer plus just kept roaring past us within 30 meters and couldnt give a sh=t.
Then i couldnt believe it just before dark a 20footer came along the rock wall out of the main channel at high speed weaving in and out of the anchored baots.
When they went passed me i gave them a mouth full of abuse but to no avail they couldnt understand a word i said. Work it out for yourself they thought i was saying gidday and waived to me.############
Graeme

wayneoro
28-05-2006, 06:23 PM
mate you know its going to happen time and time again plus these people have stired up the bottom theres no chance of catching anyway hello hello have you ever seen the water police pull up a flash boat no way they look for penioners in old tinnies much easier few yrs back they stopped me in a 12ft tinnie 8hp with a normal patrol boat then up pulls one of there large boats i'm pushed on to the bank in front pri home a luxuary 40ft rips past us way over 6kt speed limit what do our heroes do nothing to busy checking my licence 6 officers million $ boats i must of looked like a desperate crim

PinHead
28-05-2006, 06:36 PM
All those cruiser jockeys should be taken out of their boats and horse whiiped and ban the bloody boats..nothing over 20' permitted any more...and nothing over 6 knots for anyone.

Barrymundi
28-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Fill in a Marine Incident Report – and if you remember this part from your boat license #course it is law.

They have to investigate.

Pretty simple and will get more action than posting on here.

Reporting marine incidents
Ship masters are required by law to submit a report in the event of any damage or injury caused by a collision, grounding or any other incident. It is important to note that incident reports are also required following any dangerous situation, or any 'near miss'. Penalties apply for failing to submit an incident report when it is required

Under the Transport Operations (Marine Safety) Act 1994, a marine incident is classified as:

An event causing or involving

the loss of a person from a ship; or

the death of, or grievous bodily harm to, a person caused by a ship's operations; or

the loss or presumed loss or abandonment of a ship; or

a collision with a ship; or

the stranding of a ship; or

material damage to a ship; or

material damage caused by a ship's operations; or

danger to a person caused by a ship's operations; or

danger of serious damage to a ship; or

danger of serious damage to a structure caused by a ship's operations.

How do I report a marine incident?
A marine incident must be reported to a Shipping Inspector within 48 hours of the incident, unless there is a reasonable excuse. Shipping Inspectors are Marine Safety Officers (located at MSQ marine operations bases), Queensland Water Police officers and Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol officers

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qt/msq.nsf/index/marine_incidents

Cheers

Al

Barrymundi
28-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Form

Barrymundi
28-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Form