PDA

View Full Version : NOT MY waste

boats
27-05-2006, 08:14 PM
MORETON ISLAND
I take my 18'0" boat over, moor at Cowan Cowan, 4 people aboard.
WHAT enviromental damage do I do in comparison to that "Stuffing Great Boat" that comes inside the end of the wrecks at Tangalooma. Discharges say 50 off 4x4 vehicles, each with 4 about passengers, 100 walk-offs [backpackers]

THERE ARE NO TOILET FACILITIES within sight, The resort does not accept casual visitors. BUT YOU RICHARD CRANIUMS want to check me out for pissing over the side or the ladies into a BUCKET which is then dumped over the side, because we are in a boat within xxx metres of the shore/ swimmers.
OR is IT THE BACKPACKERS or #THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE BUS WITH NO TOILET FACILITIES THAT HAS 35 PEOPLE GOING|TO "SLIDE down the DUNES". This of course does not upset the ecology. BUT my anchoring does. Neither of course does SAND MINING in PEARL CHANNEL or the dredging of the SHIPPING CHANNEL effect the WESTERN SIDE of MORETON. It's the 4x4 Drivers.

When I was A kid you dug a hole on the beach, the next wave re-filled and levelled it. BUT EPA says you take all the sand to Fishermans Island or the New AIRPORT, we don't mess with the sand on the Western side of Moreton.its you driving or anchoring you pissy little boats. THAT IS WHY THE GUN EMPLACEMENTS HAVE FALLEN INTO THE WATER.

gawby
27-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Boats,
What are you trying to say, do you have a chip on your shoulder.
Graeme

lock
27-05-2006, 08:39 PM
He does sound like a happy camper. :-/

PinHead
27-05-2006, 09:07 PM
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax boats..they may have all been marvelling at your size.

wayne_cook
27-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Those pommy backpackers were just full of envy.

Feral
28-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Well if you want to hang it out in front of 30 odd tourists......

just think of it as trolling for greenies.....obviously you had the right bait!

Louis
28-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I think I might have missed something?

Are they trying to ban recreational boat owners from anchoring somewhere on Moreton are they?

Louis

robo02
28-05-2006, 06:30 AM
way too much time on his hands

longtail
28-05-2006, 01:50 PM
MORETON ISLAND
I take my 18'0" boat over, moor at Cowan Cowan, 4 people aboard.
WHAT enviromental damage do I do in comparison to that "Stuffing Great Boat" that comes inside the end of the wrecks at Tangalooma. Discharges say 50 off 4x4 vehicles, each with 4 about passengers, 100 walk-offs

[b]THERE ARE NO TOILET FACILITIES within sight, The resort does not accept casual visitors. BUT YOU RICHARD CRANIUMS want to check me out for pissing over the side or the ladies into a BUCKET which is then dumped over the side, because we are in a boat within xxx metres of the shore/ swimmers.
OR is IT THE BACKPACKERS or #THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE BUS WITH NO TOILET FACILITIES THAT HAS 35 PEOPLE GOING|TO "SLIDE down the DUNES". This of course does not upset the ecology. BUT my anchoring does. Neither of course does SAND MINING in PEARL CHANNEL or the dredging of the SHIPPING CHANNEL effect the WESTERN SIDE of MORETON. It's the 4x4 Drivers.

When I was A kid you dug a hole on the beach, the next wave re-filled and levelled it. BUT EPA says you take all the sand to Fishermans Island or the New AIRPORT, we don't mess with the sand on the Western side of Moreton.its you driving or anchoring you pissy little boats. THAT IS WHY THE GUN EMPLACEMENTS HAVE FALLEN INTO THE WATER.

There used to be toilet blocks in the camping area near Tanga Wrecks. have they been moved??

when i used to camp over there for w/ends in high school we used the toilet and shower blocks that were tucked back in the bush behind the camping area. Are they not there anymore?

cheers
jason

Blackened
29-05-2006, 09:33 AM
G'day
Sounds top me he got pinned for discharge of sewage in a restricted area? Longtail.... I know those toilets/showers u were referring to. I was over there many months ago and couldn't find them?
Dave

fish2eat
29-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Yep, sounds to me like he got done......

While the new sewage discharge legislation came in about 18months ago, I haven't heard of any enforcement action because the councils have refused to provide pump-out facilities for those boaties who have fitted a holding tank, and the only other method of getting rid of it was a trip offshore.

I've thought about replacing my pump out with a Porta Potti, but other priorities are always there....

Blackened
29-05-2006, 04:57 PM
G'day
Speak to Grand Marlin aka pete about this. He's up on all the latest in regards to this stuff. He installs a great product called the sani loo. There's a few ways around this legislation with this.
Dave

NeilD
29-05-2006, 05:38 PM
This is a very messy area (pun intended)

The legislation was enacted before any provisions were in place. Could you imagine Manly on a Sunday afternoon with 300 boats trying to unload their holding tanks at once.
The treatment systems as far as I know have not been officially endorsed as yet and may not comply with regards to discharge in many areas. Most of the chandleries were pushing various products a year or so ago but if you ask the hard questions they will tell you that it will "probably comply".

Neil