PDA

View Full Version : WARNING PLS READ THIS

mcsalty
29-05-2006, 06:17 AM
WARNING

RAZOR blades and NEEDLES have been found in fruit cake (according to the news on TV last night)

'TOP TASTE' brand was mentioned (and they've known about it for 5 months) BUT there are also

GENERIC BRANDS made by them. BLACK AND GOLD brand cakes were shown being removed

from the shelves also. If they market the cake under one generic brand they probably market it

under others as well. Suggest ring your local school and advise them just in case they missed

this news item. Some Tuckshops slice up these cakes and sell them to the kids.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE

mcsalty
29-05-2006, 07:04 AM
To confirm the warning above google 'top taste'

Bruce McD.

Heath
29-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Very worrying! We take their chocolate scroll with us just about every trip. >:(

mcsalty
29-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Heath, did you (or anyone else that reads this post) happen to see the news

item I'm referring to? Am looking for a bit of back up here in case anyone is

sceptical and thinks this might be a joke.

Would really be sickening if some poor kid getting stuck into a lump of cake

AT SCHOOL TODAY

got the inside of his mouth cut open with a razor blade or stabbed with a

needle. ( Even moreso if it could be prevented)

Regards and thanks for your interest,

Bruce McD.

Dirtysanchez
29-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Guys, yes it is all over the news, plus they say they have removed all their products from the shelves now so you can't buy them

If you have some of their stuff in your cupboards, take them back for refund ASAP

Imagine copping a razor or needle in your mouth at morning tea !!!
:-X

Heath
29-05-2006, 10:09 AM
yep, as Dirty Sanchez said, its all over the local news & the government are looking at charging the company as they didn't notify them after the first incident.

Info on the incident from News.com.au
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19285105-421,00.html

hogesTS
29-05-2006, 04:04 PM
apparentley the first case they found was back in january where someone found a razor blade in a fruit cake, but because they hadnt put it in their mouth, just found it while cutting the cake, so they didnt report it to anybody or take any other action. Pretty scary to think there have been razor blades and needles embedded in cakes for the last 5 months and nobody was told anything aboutit.

cuzzamundi
29-05-2006, 08:28 PM
bloody disgusting! unreal what this darn westernised world of ours is comen to?!

cuzza

robersl
29-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Just a word before something gets said that shouldn,t you can not believe all you read in the media a friend of mine works there all staff have been interviewed for over an hour each today , and i have it on advice that people in the know were informed after the first problem was found and every other time as well

Angla
29-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Big adds in Geelong newspapers today, Noting all the products for the recall.

Angla

mcsalty
30-05-2006, 04:14 AM
Heath, Dirtysanchez, hogesTS, cuzzamundi, robers, Angla and all those who

took the time to read this post.

Just wanna say Thanks for the support on this one. I appreciate it.

( Hope you didn't get turned off your chocky scrolls Heath.)

Regards Bruce McD.

Feral
30-05-2006, 05:38 AM
4 months they have known?

Bloody companies all they are worried about is the bottom line. Supose they figure if some kiddie swallows a razor blade their insurance covers that, but not the cost of the recall, or loss of customer confidence.

I feel sorry for the employees at the factory. Probably done their jobs now. At least the risk is gone.