PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed Coffs area

shayned
29-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I've got an opportunity to stay at Boambie Bay for a week around Sept 9. I have visited(didn't fish) for a day previously so am familiar with layout in terms of the rail bridge and the creek outfall to ocean also walked back as far as where the creek splits into two channels. Any advice on what and how to target at that time of the year would be appreciated as I'll have limited space in terms of what gear I can pack. I also believe the accomodation place has canoes available for use.
Thanks in advance.
Shayned
PM if you feel thats more appropriate.

shayned
29-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Is there anyone on here from Coffs? :-?

nigelr
29-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Mate prob flatties in the creek on plastics at that time, maybe be couple of weeks early but if spring arrives with you, (you'll know by prevalence of NE winds), then they might be your best bet. Also Bonville creek, about 3 kms away on the other side of Sawtell for flatties also.
Cheers.

roz
29-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi Shayne,

I happen to live 20 minutes north of Coffs at Woolgoolga, I don't know where I will be on Sep 9 though.

I don't mind if you give me a ring, I think you have my numbers from the rod binding PM's.

If not PM me when ever.

Cheers Roz

shayned
30-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys appreciate the help.
Shayne D :)

finding_time
30-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Shayne, sent you a pm.

mickd
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
g'day shayne trying hard to get it sussed out mate ;)

shayned
02-06-2006, 03:52 PM
bl**dy oath mate, fishing a new area really gets me going and in the past I've had a lot of failures. Now I try to get as much advice and information as possible before having a go. I'll take the opportunity to again thankyou for yours. I reckon I've got a bit of a plan together now and if I can pry the digital camera out of the girl's hand and the baby's face( I reckon the poor bugger's in danger of getting flash burn) I'll bring home some photos to post if it all works. If it doesn't I'll find a big glass of beer and try ruining it with tears of frustration. :'( :'(
One thing I'm definitely going to try is some c&r beach fishing for jew which I've not done before, beach jew fishing that is. :) :)
Cheers,
Shayne
P.S. Really looking foward to it if you can't tell