PDA

View Full Version : The Ausfish State of Origin

CHRIS_aka_GWH
02-06-2006, 07:04 AM
the poll is self explanatory

for those of you with no belly button and green frothy blood who are unsure of your origins, stop drinking that ginger wine crap and a moment of clarity may arrive within days ;)

spindles
02-06-2006, 07:18 AM
born in qld,lived in qld all my life but have caught most of my tailor in nsw.

Lone_Wolf
02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
you are bored at the mo' GWH, try coming fishing with me, you won't have this sort of spare time on your hands!

first fish, silver bream, noosa river, born under a making moon in Bris.

lippa
02-06-2006, 09:06 AM
i was born in qld but fished in nsw first!! my old man was a soldier so we moved around a bit.

cheers
lippa

bay_firey
02-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Born in QLD

First fish that comes to mind was a bloody great flat head (i was very young, prob 30 odd years ago, so it probably wasn't all that great) from memory we were camping at Cotton Tree.

Can't remember the rod but was on old plastic kids Alvey Reel, maybe that started my love of alvey's also

rando
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!! :)
Brissie Boy, went travelling for 4 years, london, paris, madrid,berlin, copenhagen,new york,houston, and a lot of places in between, and in the end decided there isnt a better place to live than Good old Brissie .

First fish 1968 , Flathead from in front of coolangatta SLSC on a cane rod I rebuilt myself and an old wooden spool alvey.

land_based
02-06-2006, 10:00 AM
At Noosa late on a winter night fishing in the canals, hooked one on my handline, and just ran the opposite way to the water pulling the line :)

PinHead
02-06-2006, 11:20 AM
the poll is self explanatory

for those of you with no belly button and green frothy blood who are unsure of your origins, stop drinking that ginger wine crap and a moment of clarity may arrive within days #;)

those are almost fighting words..green ginger wine...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

first fished The Pin...1968

revs57
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
A mexican and proud of it...at least we play the real game down there, not that catch me, dump me, grope my crotch hopawate' stuff!!!! and we drink green ginger wine!!!!

cheers

Rhys

Argle
02-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Is that the game that has to go for two hours to make sure everyone of the 350 players each gets a kick?? And the same game where you get rewarded for missing the goal with a point?? ;D ;D ;D :-?
Although I have to confess to being an imported Queenslander, born in Canberra who's first fish was a flathead caught off Broulee on the NSW south coast, I CHOSE to move to the greatest state in Australia to live so its QUEEEEEENSLAAAAANDER for me

Cheers and beers (XXXX of course 8-))
Scott

TinarooTriumph
02-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Queenslander through and through mate. Always have, always will be,,,

first fish - would of been 3yrs old. Yep, you guessed it, FNQ's favourite fish... the mighty Spangled Perch

T'roo 8-)

finding_time
02-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Born a little way nth of Hobart :o
First fish was a butter bream of the Dunwich jetty :)

marlinqld
02-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Mexican here

born sydney, started fishing and did most of it out of the Crookhaven River south coast just outside Nowra. family from Culburra, still there.

rossco
02-06-2006, 05:27 PM
qeenlander born & live in roma where some great footballer came from,shame the clubs don't give something back to the bush, football dying out here with so many player leaving every year.

cheers
rossco

Big_unit
02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Mexican here

born sydney, started fishing and did most of it out of the Crookhaven River south coast just outside Nowra. family from Culburra, still there.

Geez unless there is a town called Sydney in Victoria you are not a Mexican, you are a Cockroach I would reckon.

choppa
02-06-2006, 07:53 PM
born in gippsland vic,,, but spent most of my life in qld

first fish,,, rainbow trout,,,,,,,,,,hang on,,, i'll take a photo,,,and show ya

(i keep these things for sentimental reasons,,,hand me downs etc)

wanna see me 1st girlfriend???????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
02-06-2006, 11:32 PM
go you good things - me born under a waxing BLACK moon !

StevenM
03-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Big Unit,

Unless there from Queensland they are all Mexicans as they come from south of the border

PinHead
03-06-2006, 08:16 AM
A mexican and proud of it...at least we play the real game down there, not that catch me, dump me, grope my crotch hopawate' stuff!!!! and we drink green ginger wine!!!!

cheers

Rhys

what game is that Rhys???

Is that the one where it starts with a balls up and then deteriorates from there and then after the game they do each others wives??? LOL

revs57
03-06-2006, 08:39 AM
;D ;D ;D good comeback Greg!!! #But doin' the job on each others wives is better than groping a mates daughter!!!!

Loved the idea of playing long enough til each of the 350 players get a kick...that's a goodun too...but I thought football was to be played with the foot...not chucka ball.

BTW I have had the operation and I too believe we live in the best State in the land of Oz....I now no longer believe they send the reject bent bananas south and do enjoy the catch me dump me game now i've learned the rules (THE REF MAKES THEM UP AS HE SEES FIT), but when it comes to State of OrigiN

QUEENSLANDER...GO MAROON!!!

StevenM
03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Rhys,

Good on ya mate. I dont mind the mexicans comming over the border as long as when they get here they support Queensland. The state was good enough for you to live here so thats the way you should be.

All those turn coats that are living here and support the other whatever, Go home if its that great. Busses and planes etc go all day.

Cheers

Steven

gawby
03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
BORN IN QUEENSLAND
LIVE IN QUEENSLAND
WORK IN QUEENSALND
FISH IN QUEENSLANDNSW SUCKS

Gazza.Boyne
03-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Queenslander through & through, grew up in Brissy, fished as long as I can remember.
Travelled, worked & fished around Australia & have settled down on Central Queensland coast.

GO THE MAROONS

hardb8
03-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Queenslander to the bone.Whiting on handline in Bramble bay Redcliffe.Great memories and the begining of an ongoing passion. [smiley=laola.gif]

tiges
03-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm of New South Welsh origin. Born in Milton/Ulladulla hospital, but grew up in the Kiama/Minnamurra area. First fish was at 6 yrs of age, a bream caught at Repton on the Bellingen river whilst on holidays. I remember telling my dad it was like a little machine gun on the end of my line. Parents moved to the Sunny coast about 15 yrs ago. After visiting them every X'mas for a few yrs, thought I'd join the rest of the blow-ins. Pretty hard to beat the quality of living up here, I really haven't looked back. Surf's better back down the NSW sth coast, but the diversity of quality fishing available up here is way better in comparison. Support the Brissy Lions, The Bulls, The Reds, The Roar etc. But when it comes to Rugby League I'm a Blues and Dragons fan thru and thru. Some things just can't be changed.

fishlady
04-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Born in Syd but first memories of fishing and running from the tide are under the old Hornibrook Bridge for endless whiting at about 3yrs with my Pop. Great memories and photos....which i havent scanned to show you. Ha the good ol days

Argle
05-06-2006, 09:39 AM
;D ;D ;D good comeback Greg!!! #But doin' the job on each others wives is better than groping a mates daughter!!!!

Have to say youve got us there, BUT Gower is A BLUE!!!!! GO THE BLOODY MAROONS ;D ;D

Cheers and Beers
Scott

ibbo
05-06-2006, 10:11 AM
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!

First fish a leather jacket off the jetty and straddy.

IBBO

webby
05-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Only one true Queenslander and thats a North Queenslander :-?
regards

CHRIS_aka_GWH
06-06-2006, 07:32 AM
how far north is NORTH brian ?

I know a guy who lives at Tenneriffe who thinks Bribie is an adventure ;D

chris

Bundy_Burp
06-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Born and breed in QUEENSLAND fished many other states with varing success but QUEENSLAND has always been the ONLY place to catch decent sized fish in . ;D

F1SH_BOY
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
N.S.W FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :)

webby
06-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Chris you have to have been bred north of the Capricorn Line ;D

lippa
06-06-2006, 08:36 PM
love the ping pong too rhys, played chb till i found achohol! ;D and got fat! :P
are serious choppa? ya kept ya first fish?

cheers

lippa

pojo
06-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Born in nsw first fish caught in nsw still in nsw . They say down here you can Tell a Queenslander BUT you cant tell them MUCH.

Dannyboy
07-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Born in NSW always fished in NSW.

Queensland? Is that some place up north? :o :o

bidkev
07-06-2006, 10:28 PM
First fish was a full house of mackerel (6 feathers) on a handline in 1956 from Blackpool north Pier UK....I remember an old man with a dew drop on his nose helped me pull 'em up ;D Filled an onion sack that day and was hooked for life.

Married a Mex with dual nationality (born Frankston Vic to Pom parents but raised in the UK)

Came to Qld "blind" not having been here before and simply hoping for the best and got it :)

First fish here........a 6 kilo catty (what else?) off sandgate pier on shark tackle ;D

kev

Owen
07-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Born in NSW, but moved to QLD in my teens.
Can't remember whether my first fish was a perch in the creeks around Rosebank, or a bream at Ballina.
Might even have been an eel. We used to think they were great fun on a little hand line ;D ;D ;D

cheers,
Owen