PDA

View Full Version : Fishing In Melbourne

Dyl
04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi,

I haven't fished in Melbourne yet and i am looking to go down there in august to sept
could anybody tell me if its worth taking some rods down. aswell as i am asking if anyone could tell
me any good places to fish on land as i won't have a boat with me.

Cheers Dylan ;)

firefish
05-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Giday Dylan,
Take your rods for sure. There are plenty of jetties and piers around the Bay to fish off. I have not fished their in the last few years, but I found if you talk to the people fishing they are more than helpfull to point you in the right direction. (Not all the people who live in Melbourne are compleate duds...........thank god for the city fishos................) [smiley=fireman.gif]

charleville
05-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I have travelled to Melbourne very frequently in my job in recent years and often go for a long walk at night from Port Melbourne (where the Tassie ferry leaves from) to the St Kilda Pier. (about 4km - all beaches along that stretch - no fishing to be seen)

The St Kilda pier is usually crowded of a night time with fishers....BUT,,,, boy oh boy! It is sure cold there at night for a Queenslander!

However, the St Kilda Pier would be a good place to fish off if you are not taking a car as the tram stop is pretty close. I vaguely recall seeing bream caught there.

Don't even think about the Yarra River. It is very seriously and dangerously polluted.

The best place to ask this question, though, would be on the Fishnet.com.au website which caters especially for Victorians although many from other states may be found cruising there.

If you want to go further afield in Victoria, Western Port might be a good place to try as that is where the elephant fish are.

Hope that this helps. :)

madkeenfisho26
06-06-2006, 12:16 AM
hi there i was reading your message bout fishing melbourne and if you r looking to fish melbourne would be around the back of the docklands and towards seaford frankston and mornington if have a car i live in seaford and i have caught numerous flathead over and above the two kilo mark off the mornington pier at night plenty of garfish and snapper still about though :)

Dyl
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
thankyou for all your information.

Gbanger
07-06-2006, 11:29 PM
take your jumper ;)