PDA

View Full Version : Boat from Brisbane to Darwin?

Lobster48
06-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi all,

I am looking at getting my new pride and joy from Brisbane to Darwin. The boat should be ready for shipping around 1st or 2nd week of July.

Measurements are:

Length on trailer - 8m
Height on trailer - around 2.8m
Width on trailer - 2.5m

I am looking at a carrier that is reputable or other means. Cheapest quote so far $3500.

Regards

Lobster

Darwin

fishn-ads
06-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Lobster48

Use to freight alot of big Air Conditioners to N.T. Road going up is expensive heaps cheaper coming back doesn't help I know.

Have you checked rail? It has to go through Adelaide.

Nice Fly/Drive/Fish holidays. Hire a FWD in Brissie away you go!

Thinking about it "I'LL DO IT FOR YOU" you pay all expenses of course ;D ;D ;D

Ads

Al_Macka
06-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Gidday Lobster48

pretty fair quote...... might sound expensive. but u traveling big klm's... 2'8 mtrs hieght.... did they quere that..........as i done quotes Ballina 2 Cairns. all canopys removed threw hieght restictions............ mate had same prop wif perm alloy canopy,made him remove above windsceen level 4 transport....he re-welded upon arrival... as they were doing a permant move house.... I found my best my best option 2 tow ............ but me only ballina Cairns
BEST OF LUCK WIF QUOTES
Al_Macka

choppa
06-06-2006, 10:23 PM
lobster 48,,,,,,,,,don't know if this response is still open,,, but andrew (aussiefool),,,sorry,,,,,,,,, was wanting to ship some contraband,,,,err sorry,,,,,,,,,fish,,,,,,,,,to darwin a few weeks ago,,, and needed a large'ish # err sorry again,,,,,,,,transporter,,,,,,,,to help out,,,,,

dont have his exact contact details,,,,,,,but hey,,, if it can fit in the bag,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

(oh thats gunna bite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Al_Macka
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM
As fishn-ads mentioned try rail...... But having just completed 2 years on LNG PROJECT DARWIN, Hav talked 2 S.Aus lad`s bring`n boats up 2 Darwin thier quotes were around 3 grand from S,A............ THEY TOWED 4 HALVE DAT COST.......... Very interrested 2 see how u go

cheers ....

frankj
06-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Try Simons Transport, they carried a boat from Gold Coast to Darwin for a mate of mine a couple of years back and I am sure it cost nothing like that.
Mind you he knew them fairly well.

where_is_dave
07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Lobster,

Try this wbesite, you can search for a truck or operator going that way that needs a load. Worth a look, a mate used it to get a car Adelaide to Perth worked out well as the operator would be running without a full load anway so you may get a better price.

http://www.opportunityloads.com.au

Lobster48
08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Cheers for the web link. Had a look but no luck. Just got some more quotes:

$5900 + GST!!!!!
$4750 inc GST !!!!!

Crazy stuff.

Might just get it to Mount Isa and meet up with it from there and drive it on home. Otherwise backload my ute to Brissy and just drive.

Only $800 in fuel - even at these stupid prices!!!!

Makes you wonder how they justify it especially considering insurance is not included!!!!