PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Flying to Darwin soon? Ex Brisbane

aussiefool
29-05-2006, 11:33 AM
G'day everyone,
My oldies live in Darwin and I was wondering if anyone was flying to Darwin, (from Brisbane) in the next Mth or two and would be willing to take a broccolli box full of frozen fish to Darwin for me as luggage. You see the olds' live there fish and find it to dear to buy up there so every time I go I take fish for them and seeing I'm not planning to go up for an other 12 mths,I was some kind person would do me a favour.I'll meet you at the airport with the fish already packed but not sealed and I'll have the old man meet you at the airport and pick up the fish.

If you can help out PLEASE let me know
Thanks all
Aussiefool
Andrew

aussiefool
01-06-2006, 05:15 AM
bump ;) ;)

choppa
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
you sure its fish andrew,,,,,

hate to see a body board or sumthing else tag along as luggage ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maria
01-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Buy me a return ticket and I'll do it for you just for something to do ::). Can't say I've got any other reason to go to Darwin.

aussiefool
02-06-2006, 06:03 AM
you sure its fish andrew,,,,,

hate to see a body board or sumthing else tag along as luggage ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bugga, you cought me out ;D ;D ;D

aussiefool
05-06-2006, 06:33 AM
;)

fishlady
05-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Shame... I will be going Bris to Gove via Cairns (not Darwin) on 13 June otherwise Id be glad to.
Word of warning though. Depending on how they are feeling at the check in counter you may not be allowed on with a broccoli box. Find or buy one with a "Seafood Air Transport Approval" stamped into it.... or they can, and sometimes do refuse to allow you to take it on.
AND definately dont put ice in it or they WILL refuse to carry it!
Cant help it I'm a fishmonger and heaps of guys fly outta here with eskys I've packed for them so we've done the exercise a few times.
Cheers
Jane

Mr__Bean
05-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Further to Jane's comment about ice, Virgin info below about using dry ice:

Dry Ice: With the approval of Virgin Blue or Pacific/Polynesian Blue, each guest is permitted to take up to 2 kilograms of dry ice if used to pack perishables only. You are not permitted to combine more than the amount permitted for one person. You must tell the check-in agent that you are travelling with dry ice.

- Darren

aussiefool
05-06-2006, 11:37 AM
there will be NO ICE of any type as every time I take frozen fish it keeps fine. There was a time I packed it at 4am and it was still frozen at midnight and that was in summer.

If taking a broccoli box is a concern I use an old eski I have
thanks
Aussiefool

aussiefool
10-06-2006, 06:36 AM
;D

Lobster48
11-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Maria,

Obviously hate fishing...that's one reason to come to Darwin!!!