PDA

View Full Version : Feedback needed on Weather/Fishing Home Page

impulse492f
08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I was clicking on all sorts of links an all sorts of pages to gather the info needed to predict the days conditions.

The lick below leads you to a page I put together which holds all the info I need to view.

Can you guys have a look and let me know if there are items I could add bearing in mind most of my fishing is done in the Georges River to Botany Bay NSW

http://members.iinet.net.au/~apmoon/boating/impulsefish.html

MulletMan
10-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Some great work on that page but I wouldn't be starting up a page like that in a million years for fear of some dickwit having a go at you for litigation in case he used the information and then came to grief on the day!

Even the big BOM sites usually carry a disclaimer clause somewhere ..................

Shame when you try to help out and have to worry about finishing up in court isn't it?

I would also be pretty twitchy about using weather data from the sources you have without having their permission to do so!

Sorry to be a downer but have had some experience with this sort of stuff and you havta be pretty careful I reckon!

bungie
11-06-2006, 08:01 AM
password protect the page then only you can view it. end of litigation problems

mod5
11-06-2006, 08:58 AM
This is the BOM Disclaimer. #Adapt it to suit your page.

Disclaimer

You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.

To the maximum permitted by law, the Bureau of Meteorology excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.

Always Check the Information

Information at this site

is general information provided as part of the Bureau of Meteorology’s statutory role in the dissemination of information relating to meteorology.

is subject to the uncertainties of scientific and technical research

may not be accurate, current or complete

is subject to change without notice

is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances

the material on this web site may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the Bureau of Meteorology or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.

Security Risks and Computer Viruses

The World Wide Web operates across insecure, public networks. You assume all risks associated with use of the web site, including

risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, disabling codes, worms or other devices and defects which might be transmitted or activated via the website, or your access to it or the downloading of files from the web site

connections transmitted to and from this site being intercepted and modified by third parties

Links to External Web Sites

The Bureau of Meteorology has no direct control over the content of any linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external web sites.

Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by this web site are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the web site they visit.

impulse492f
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback, as for litigation, if requested I'll delete it but for now its easy for me as a one stop page.

The top image as you all probably know is from seabreeze.com.au and linked thanks back to them.

Going on the disclaimer from mod5 I'm ok with the links to the BOM even though you can't trust it (most of the time its better to stick your heard out the window).

What other info to you guys use to forecast the days outing?

wayne_cook
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I like to use Manly Hyd for surface temp http://www.mhl.nsw.gov.au/data/csiroday.htmlx

Also bouy weather I cross check seabreeze for predicted swell
http://buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=AS&program=Maps

see how you go getting these 2 amoung the group.

i like the set up
Cheers bear